Crutchfield supports the local chapters of the following organizations and more than 150 others
- African-American Festival
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- American Red Cross
- Arthritis Foundation
- Aids Services Group
- Charlottesville Albemarle School Business Alliance
- Children, Youth, Family Services
- First Night Virginia
- Habitat for Humanity
- Highlands Jazz Festival
- Junior Achievement
- The Kids Lift Foundation
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency
- Local Fire and Rescue Squads
- Local Schools and Universities
- March of Dimes
- Martha Jefferson Hospitial
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- NPR - National Public Radio
- Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Centre
- St. Jude's Children's Research
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Virginia Discovery Museum
- United Way
- UVA Children's Medical Centre
- Virginia Film Festival
- Virginia Institute of Autism
- Wintergreen Adaptive Skiing
Crutchfield Community Outreach
What drives Crutchfield and its employees? It's the service we provide to others, whether it's through a great customer experience or through our involvement in the communities we call home.
Crutchfield employees touch the lives of others every day, through volunteer involvement and charitable giving. Our people in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg and Norton, Virginia are proud to help a large number of diverse non-profit organizations every year. Our focus areas include education, disease research and prevention, community services, and the arts. If you would like to request a donation, please refer to our donation guidelines at the bottom of this page.
Volunteer Involvement and Community Leadership
Crutchfield not only donates time, money, and products, but our employees often hold leadership positions as board members, community volunteers, and organizers of major community events.
Some of the leadership and board positions include the UVA Board of Visitors, UVA Health Services Foundation Board, Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport Authority Board, American Heart Association Heart Gala Steering Committee, Charlottesville Area School Business Alliance, United Way - Thomas Jefferson Area, Toy Lift, and local fire departments, among many others.
Crutchfield is passionate about bringing art and entertainment to life for our customers. We support community theaters, concerts, music festivals, museums, and public radio to help enrich the lives and experiences of our community.
Crutchfield believes that quality education leads to positive choices, which is one of the founding philosophies that led to our success. Our contributions to local schools, universities, and school/business alliances help students make better choices and become productive members of society.
Disease Research and Prevention
Bill Crutchfield's innovative corporate wellness initiative, "Live Longer, Live Better," encourages and rewards employees to learn about and minimize health risks. Bill furthers his commitment to wellness by serving on the University of Virginia Medical Centre Operating Board.
We extend Bill's efforts to our hometown communities and the nation through contributions to local organizations and hospitals that research and treat diseases of the heart, lungs, and kidneys, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, and birth defects.
Our company and employees are heavily involved in supporting the health, safety, and social service needs of our communities. Through our support of local organizations that provide affordable housing, fire and rescue services, literacy campaigns, assistance for disadvantaged community members, and activities that support a healthy community spirit, we realize our mission to be responsible community stewards.
Crutchfield's charitable donations are given to non-profit organizations in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, and Norton, Virginia. We focus our giving in the areas of education, disease research and prevention, community services, and the arts.
To request a donation, please follow these guidelines (no phone, fax, or email requests please):
- All requests must be typed on your organization's official letterhead
- Requests must include the following information:
- Organization's name, 501(c)(3) tax exempt number
- Copy of the IRS Letter of Determination verifying the organization's tax exempt status
- Contact name, mailing address, and phone number
- A brief statement of the organization's mission, goals, accomplishments, governance, and geographical area served
- Amount of request and how the grant funds will be used
- The purpose of the event, a time frame for the activities, and a description of who will benefit from the donation
- Please mail requests to:
- Crutchfield Corporation
- Donations Department
- 1 Crutchfield Park
- Charlottesville, VA 22911
We respond to donation requests via mail, usually within two weeks of receiving your information.