Video: DIY car tips - NFC Bluetooth pairing
Meet Ken Nail
My name is Ken. I seek the Holy Grail of car audio excellence. My favorite color is blue.
I came to Crutchfield in 1999. During my six years as a Crutchfield Advisor, I learned a lot about the technology behind great car and home audio. I learned even more about what people wanted in their car stereo systems.
I've been a writer for car audio and fitness tech at Crutchfield since 2005. Over the last few years, I've also carved out a niche producing demo videos for our in-dash car stereos. The hands-on experience I get with car stereos while doing video production is an invaluable aid to me in learning about their exciting features. This helps me convey that information to our customers when I write about the stereo on our website.
Before coming to Crutchfield, I spent 10 years teaching music in Charlottesville area schools. I keep my musical interests satisfied by volunteering as a classical music DJ at a local community radio station, and I stay up to date with the latest in outdoor tech by cycling, running, and backpacking.
Fun facts: I've completed an Ironman triathlon, run the Boston Marathon, hiked 1150 miles of the Appalachian Trail, and lost on Jeopardy!
More about Ken
- Started at Crutchfield in 1999
- Completed our in-house Advisor training, learning all the details of every type of product we sell
- Attend dozens of vendor training events every year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product presentations, primarily focused on in-dash car stereos, plus outdoor tech like running watches and cycling computers
- Produced over 600 car stereo demo videos
More from Ken Nail
NFC (Near Field Communication) offers an easier way to pair your Bluetooth smartphone with some newer car stereo receivers. See how it works in this short demo video.
See all of our in-dash car stereos with Bluetooth.