About the Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system
Add sound, not clutter
Add sound, not clutter
The Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system fits neatly in your setup and provides big Bose® sound.
Have a smaller living room or secondary TV room? The Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system won't take up much space and offers a serious upgrade to the tiny speakers in your TV. Measuring less than 3" tall, this sleek sound bar fits below most modern TV designs, flat or curved. And the system delivers the clarity and detail we expect when the name Bose® is on the box.
There's also built-in Bluetooth®, making the Bose® Solo 5 a space-saving solution for movies, shows, and music.
Easy setup and control
Bose® specializes in making things easy to hook up and use right away. This system connects to your TV with a single cable. An optical digital cable is included. The Bose® Solo 5 system automatically recognizes when you've connected it your TV. And the programmable universal remote can operate your TV, Blu-ray player, cable box, and other components along with the sound bar.
This sound bar can be wall mounted with the Bose® WB-120 wall mount kit (sold separately).
Hear dialogue clearly at any volume
Our customers often tell us they have to crank the TV volume up to hear speech, only to turn it down when music and effects get loud. With the Bose® Solo 5 system, you don't have to do all that. You can hear even whispered dialogue at reasonable volumes. A special "Dialogue mode" makes speech even more audible.
And bass for sound effects? Dial in just the right amount of low-frequency impact with the remote's bass control button.
Bluetooth lets you play on all your music, wirelessly
More and more people use sound bars for music listening as well as TV. The Bose Solo 5 TV sound system makes that easy. It has Bluetooth on board, which lets you stream audio from your phone or tablet.
Have a killer library of downloaded tunes? Stream playlists from music services like Spotify® or Pandora? Any song you can play on your device can be played wirelessly through this system.
- compact sound bar delivers clear, detailed TV sound
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones and tablets
- TrueSpace® technology produces spacious sound
- Dialogue mode makes speech easier to hear
- connects to your TV with a single cable
- inputs: optical digital, coaxial digital, and 3.5mm stereo minijack
- optical digital cable included
- programmable remote control can operate your TV and other components
- remote's bass control button lets you adjust amount of bass
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- 21-5/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 732522-1110
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ 5' DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 6.5' Optical digital cable
- Owner's Guide
- Universal Remote Device Codes
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- "Global Support Regions" note
- Warranty Information
More details on the Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.0|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Midrange||2" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/4H x 21-5/8W x 3-7/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||3.73 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Bose Solo 5 is a one-piece soundbar speaker system that brings noticeably better sound to your flat-panel television. It's engineered to help clearly reproduce everything from dialogue, music, to sound effects. The Bose Solo 5 incorporates TrueSpace technology, Videostage circuitry and a Dialogue mode to get the most enjoyment from this one-piece soundbar speaker system.
- TrueSpace Technology: Bose TrueSpace technology creates a simulated surround-sound experience from the soundbar speaker's two drivers.
- Videostage Circuitry: TrueSpace technology works in unison with Bose Videostage decoding circuitry to deliver a lifelike, spacious multi-channel sound experience from almost any source.
- Dialogue Mode: Dialogue mode makes every word even easier to understand without having to adjust the volume from scene-to-scene. Dialogue mode is also great for news programs and talk shows.
Digital & Analog Inputs: The Bose Solo 5 soundbar speaker is fitted with two digital inputs (optical/coaxial) and one stereo minijack input (3.5mm), so you can connect virtually any TV. The optical and coaxial digital inputs support 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch). To enjoy the full benefit of hearing audio through the Bose Solo 5, the internal speakers in your TV should be turned off.
- The coaxial and digital inputs are not two different inputs in the traditional sense; you cannot select either one from the remote control. Instead, they are auto switching based on signal input. The optical input takes precedent over the coaxial input, if live signals are present on both.
- The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Built-in Blueooth: The Bose Solo 5 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), as well as support for SimpleSync with Bose Home Speaker products.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the Solo 5 can wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible devices. You can control basic music playback functions (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the included remote control. Song/artist information will still be viewed on your Bluetooth device. You can pair up to 8 devices and keep 2 devices connected for easy switching between devices.
- Bose SimpleSync: Bose SimpleSync allows you to pair a member of the Bose Home Speaker family (sold separately) with the Bose Solo 5 for playback of the same audio signal. Use the Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup and enable SimpleSync. SimpleSync then provides a one-to-one connection for a maximum of two Bose products (the Solo 5 and a Bose Home Speaker). The two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30') of each other to stay connected. You'll be able to listen to the same audio signal from the Bose Home Speaker on the connected Solo 5 (you cannot listen to different sources). You can choose to listen on both the Bose Home Speaker and the Solo 5 at the same time with independent volume control; or just the Solo 5 or the Bose Home Speaker. Compatible Bose Home Speakers include the Soundbar 500 and 700, Home Speaker 300 and 500, as well as the Portable Home Speaker.
- You cannot wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio to a Bose Home Speaker and use SimpleSync at the same time.
- You can only sync audio from a Bose Home Speaker to the Solo 5; not from the Solo 5 to the Bose Home Speaker.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Bose Solo 5.
Bass Level: You can adjust the Bose Solo 5's bass performance to your liking from the included remote control.
Universal Remote Control: The Bose Solo 5 includes an IR universal remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker. You can also program the universal remote to control your TV, DVD, Blu-ray Disc player, cable/satellite box, game system, or DVR. You can also program most other manufacturer universal remote controllers to operate the Bose Solo 5 soundbar.
Mounting Options: The Solo 5 soundbar speaker can simply be placed on flat tabletop surface in front of your flat-panel TV. The Bose WB-120 Wall-Mount Kit (018WB120, sold separately) lets you wall mount the Solo 5 soundbar speaker under or above your flat-panel TV.
Auto On/Off: You can set the soundbar to power on whenever a sound signal is received. The Solo 5 soundbar speaker will also automatically power off after one hour if no audio signal is present.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
20 questions already asked