About the Yamaha SR-C20A
Great sound for smaller setups
Great sound for smaller setups
Yamaha makes some of our most popular sound bars, and their new SR-C20A promises to deliver that same reliable performance at a reasonable price. The bar's compact size makes it perfect for smaller TV rooms or to give a boost to your computer's audio quality.
The SR-C20A's small size makes it a great choice for desktop use.
Hear it all
Yamaha's helpful Clear Voice processing brings speech to the forefront so that dialogue is easier to hear and understand. The bar also has a built-in subwoofer and two passive radiators for enhanced bass response — so you can get some low-end rumble, even when you don't have the room for a separate subwoofer.
This low-profile sound bar can connect to your TV with a single cable. It has keyholes for wall-mounting, or you can simply place it on your TV stand. Bluetooth is built in, so it's super-easy to wirelessly stream your favorite tunes right from your compatible phone.
- two-channel sound bar with simulated surround sound
- two 1-3/4" cone full-range drivers
- one 3" cone woofer with two passive radiators
- built-in amplifiers: 20 watts x 2 for front full-range drivers, 60 watts for bass driver
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- Clear Voice mode for clearer, louder dialogue with movies and shows
- listening modes: stereo, standard, movie, and game
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI ARC connection
- 2 optical digital audio inputs
- 3.5mm analog minijack aux input
- free downloadable Sound Bar Remote app for Apple® and Android™ lets you control the bar via Bluetooth with your smartphone
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 23-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRC20ABL
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 5.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery (installed)
- 5' Optical digital cable
- 2 Rectangular spacers
- 2 Round spacers
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall-Mount Template
- Safety Brochure
- Warranty Information
- Contact Information
- Product Registration
More details on the Yamaha SR-C20A
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||Movie Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Midrange||1.8" Cone (2)|
|Woofer||3" Cone (1)|
|System Frequency Response||65-22k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-9/16H x 23-5/8W x 3-11/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||3.9 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
2.1ch Active Soundbar Speaker: The Yamaha SR-C20A active soundbar speaker features a 2.1ch driver configuration with one 1.8" cone driver for each left & right channel, plus a shared 3" cone subwoofer and two passive radiators for the LFE channel. The SR-C20A delivers 100-watts of power to the enclosed drivers - 20 watts to each of the left & right channels and 60 watts to the subwoofer.
- Clear Voice: Clear Voice raises the level of dialog and narrations while maintaining overall sound quality. Movies and TV shows, sports commentary and news broadcasts are more clearly audible.
- Built-In Subwoofer w/ Bass Extension: The SR-C20A is equipped with a built-in 3" subwoofer, plus two passive radiators and "Bass Extension" processing to deliver exceptional low-end performance without the need for a separate powered subwoofer. You can adjust the level of the built-in subwoofers independently from the soundbar's overall volume.
Note: The Yamaha SR-C20A does not include a separate powered subwoofer and does not offer a wired or wireless sub out.
Dolby Digital Compatible: The Yamaha SR-C20A soundbar decodes 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital audio signals. You can listen to these audio formats in Virutal Surround mode (with horizontal surround effects only) or 2ch Stereo mode (no surround effects). The 2ch Stereo mode is ideal for music, while the Virutal Surround mode provides surround effects for movies.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDM & Optical||Bitstream||Dolby Digital|
|2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
Note: The Yamaha SR-C20A does not support DTS.
Sound Modes: You can enjoy the sound of movies, music, TV programs and games with Yamaha's optimal sound modes. Select from four options (Stereo, Standard, Movie, Game) designed to suit your content. Stereo mode to match stereo playback of music, Standard mode for most TV programs, Movie mode for movies to enhance space expansion, and Game mode to immerse yourself in gameplay content allowing for individual sound action localization to be clear and precise.
Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Compressing the dynamic range of audio signals (the volume difference between the loudest and quietest sounds) makes it easier to listen at a low volume. This setting is applied only when Dolby Digital audio signals are being played.
Compressed Music Enhancer: The Compressed Music Enhancer restores frequency response lost during digital compression, so your music sounds the way it should. Optimized for Bluetooth audio transmission, you'll enjoy vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback. When a compressed source is played, the Compressed Music Enhancer engages automatically.
HDMI ARC Output: The Yamaha SR-C20A features one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The SR-C20A's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the active soundbar speaker. The HDMI ARC output supports 5.1ch Dolby Digital and 2ch PCM audio signals.
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The HDMI ARC Output only supports audio transmission and does not support any type of video signals.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the SR-C20A is outfitted with one analog Aux (3.5mm) input and two optical (toslink) digital inputs. The optical digital inputs supports 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Yamaha SR-C20A soundbar features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled device (such as your smartphone, table, laptop, or computer) to the SR-C20A active soundbar speaker. You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist/albums information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. The soundbar system has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 33'.
- Pairing: This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. If a Bluetooth device has been paired before, the unit will connect to the last paired device when the soundbar's Bluetooth source button is pressed. You will need to terminate this connection to pair a new device.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Yamaha soundbar speaker offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the SR-C20A soundbar offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Bluetooth Standby: The Bluetooth Standby function allows you to turn On or Off the soundbar automatically, linked with the operation of a Bluetooth device.
- The SR-C20A does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Yamaha SR-C20A.
Mounting Options: Due to its slim profile, the soundbar fits in front of most flat-panel TVs without blocking the screen. If you prefer to wall-mount the speaker, the SR-C20A offers built-in keyhole slots (spaced 18" apart). A built-in gyroscope optimizes sound depending on whether the soundbar is placed on a table-top or hung on wall.
IR Remote + HDMI-CEC: The SR-C20A comes with a sleek, easy-to-use IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker. Also, if your TV supports HDMI CEC and you use HDMI connectivity, it is possible to adjust the volume of the sound bar using your TV's remote to simplify day-to-day operation.
Note: This soundbar does not allow you to program your TV remote to operate the speaker, but does offer HDMI control through your compatible TV's remote.
Sound Bar Remote App: With Yamaha's Sound Bar Remote App (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android 6.0+) its even easier to control the SR-C20A active soundbar speaker from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The app can be used to switch sources, sound modes, clear voice and bass extension functions and simple power on/off commands intuitively and easily from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Auto Power Standby: When the Auto Power Standby function is enabled, the unit will automatically turn off when there is no operation for 8 hours. When Bluetooth or HDMI is selected as the input, the unit will turn off after no audio input and no operation for 20 minutes.
Firmware Updates: Firmware updates can be done via a USB thumbdrive containing downloadable firmware updates from Yamaha's website. Check Yamaha's Support Download Site for the most recent firmware updates.
4 questions already asked