About the Denon HEOS 1+ HEOS 5 Bundle
Jump-start your HEOS multi-room system
Jump-start your HEOS multi-room system
Our customers give Denon's HEOS system high marks for sound quality, quick setup, and easy operation. This bundle includes two different-sized HEOS speakers to get you started, at a discounted price. The humidity-resistant HEOS 1 is the most versatile speaker in the HEOS lineup. It's nimble enough to fit in any room, and completely portable with the optional Denon Go Pack. And the HEOS 5 is a powerful mid-size speaker that will easily fill the average room with sound.
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with the HEOS app
Denon's free HEOS app is available for Apple®, Android™, or Kindle and lets you set up and control each speaker. You can play pretty much anything in your music library, from MP3s to high-resolution files. You also have access to music services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and more. And there's built-in Bluetooth for streaming sound from a range of mobile apps (like YouTube® or Apple Music®). With a few taps of your thumb, you can choose to play the same song through both HEOS speakers or pick a separate playlist for each.
Other HEOS options for your whole-home audio system
HEOS has earned rave reviews from our customers. And once they get into it, they often come back for more. For good reason — there's a sound solution for every room:
HEOS 3 - Set up this bookshelf speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS HomeCinema - Dramatically improve TV sound and play your music with this sound bar and wireless sub combo.
HEOS Amp - Add HEOS to any pair of speakers with this amplified player.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or with powered speakers.
- includes one HEOS 1 and one HEOS 5 wireless powered speaker
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- place speakers in separate rooms to start your whole-house music system
- HEOS 1 is the smallest HEOS speaker
- two built-in drivers (one woofer and one tweeter) powered by dual Class D amplifiers
- humidity-resistant design (IPX4-rated splash resistant with addition of optional Denon Go Pack)
- HEOS 5 is a mid-sized speaker for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom
- two tweeters and two midrange drivers powered by four Class D amplifiers
- free app for Apple®, Android, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- future support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
General information (both speakers):
- threaded insert for wall-mounting
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive (FAT16 or FAT32 formats); music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple, Android, or Kindle smart device
- MFR # HEOS1+5BK
What's in the box:
- HEOS1 (HS2) network audio speaker
- HEOS5 (HS2) network audio player
- 2 AC power adapters (w/ attached 57" DC cord)
- Two 58" ethernet cables
- Two 34" proprietary minijack cables
- Quick Start Guide
- "HEOS Customer Service Team" Card
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure
Denon HEOS 1+ HEOS 5 Bundle reviews
As usual, Crutchfield support staff very helpful. I was looking for some wifi speakers for use in garage, patio & kitchen. Also wanted one to be wireless to take outside. The Heos1 is wireless capable. Unfortunately Crutchfield & Denon does not sell the battery pack anymore. But, a local store still has them & I bought one after getting the speaker. 6 hours of charge should be enough for most situations. The Heos5 is plenty loud enough for my patio & 4 car garage. Nice strong base. Both units have individual base & treble controls. The heos5 mobile app setup easily. There are numerous music apps you can use along with access to local radio stations. You can also create a favorites tab & sort the stations as desired. You can control volume via app also. I've used Siriusxm, iheartradio, local & bluetooth. When there is heavy internet usage (4+ people on home uverse connection) the Heos1 pauses every once in a while but starts back up within 10-15 seconds.
Pros: Handy mobile app to control things. Numerous music applications to connect with. Wireless setup easy. Heos1 can be used with battery pack. App has a favorites tab you can create. App has volume control. App has base & treble individual controls. You can group multiple speakers together to play same source via the app. Very easy to do. And very easy to ungroup speakers
Cons: Heos1 pauses 10-15 seconds sometimes during heavy internet use while using wifi.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Terrific solution as the amp powering the wired speakers in my house blew and neither I nor anyone else was able to get them working again. I was hesitant to make the change, but added 4 of these and they have been great.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Absolutely love this product. So easy to setup and use everyday. Sound quality is amazing. Reminds me of Bose speakers when they first came out versus what was available at the time.
Cons: Sometimes there is a slight pause when the internet signal is week.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I love these speakers! I can have music all over my house. The speakers have a good sound, and can play loud enough for an outside party, without distortion. I like the way they connect without any other equipment.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great products. Great sound. Easy setup. Worth the $$
Pros: Ease of setup, the app is much better than some describe.
Cons: None to speak of.
0 of 0 found this helpful
These speakers are awesome. I have 6 in total. Bought these for my brother. The HEOS 5 has solid sound and the one has decent sound for it's size. But how they interact and the portability of the HEOS 1 is the fun part. I am mostly a Pandora player myself, but there are many other options to explore.
Pros: Good quality sound, portability (HEOS 1)
Cons: The 5 alone is a bit pricey, but worth it. Feel free to sub in a HEOS 3 if that's an issue.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Fantastic product. The speakers provide very clear sound with a dynamic range. Very nice highs with excellent base response. The heos 1 is perfect for smaller spaces. The 5 easily fills the kitchen with music, and has no difficulty providing amazing sound when used on the outside deck. The setup was simple as well. The app easily steams music from our home computer( which was a concern after reading other reviews). The app found all of our music from our iTunes library music folders. The access to amazon prime music is fantastic.
Pros: Amazing sound quality. Beautiful speakers. Easy set up. Large library with Amazon
0 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Denon HEOS 1+ HEOS 5 Bundle
HEOS1 + HEOS 5 (HS2) Bundle: The Denon HEOS1 + HEOS 5 (HS2) Bundle contains one HEOS1 (HS2) and one HEOS 5 (HS2) wireless network audio speaker. Place the speakers in separate rooms to create a wireless multiroom audio system in your home.
- HEOS 1 (HS2): The Denon HEOS 1 (HS2) features a two-way driver system, with a precision dome tweeter and wide-range mid-woofer. Two channels of high efficiency, cool-running Class D digital amplification delivers pristine sound, wide dynamic range with lowest distortion. The HEOS 1 (HS2) utilizes advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) to deliver full-range sound, with custom EQ sound tailoring that helps deliver a smooth, natural tonal balance.
- HEOS 5 (HS2): The HEOS 5 features four active drivers, including two precision tweeters and two mid-woofers, plus one passive radiator which provides additional bass augmentation. Four channels of Class D digital amplification provides high efficiency, low distortion, and wide dynamic range. MaxxAudio uses psychoacoustic science and technologies in order to provide intelligent volume control, multi-band equalization, bass extension and spatial expansion for higher definition, deeper bass, crisper highs and an enveloping soundfield. Bass & Treble adjustments can be made from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: The HEOS 1 (HS2) is great for small to medium sized rooms; such as bathrooms, bedrooms, offices, or kitchens. The HEOS 5 (HS2) is great for medium to large rooms such as dining rooms, larger bedrooms, and offices; or smaller living rooms.
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) are part of Denon's HEOS wireless multi-room, high-resolution audio system. HEOS by Denon is a wireless multi-room sound system comprising a family of network music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and speakers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your iOS or Android phone or tablet. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To Make HEOS work in your home, you'll need..
- Denon's HEOS network audio amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- a Apple iOS or Android device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Note: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, players, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Denon HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS by Denon app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) speaker to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2). The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the speaker via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
Hi-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers & players at once, each HEOS player and speaker must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: The HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: The HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
HEOS by Denon App: You'll need to download the HEOS by Denon App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (2.3+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, or speakers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble controls.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, etc.; your music library from your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC, or USB thumbdrive; and the unit's built-in Bluetooth or Aux input. You can also select music from Playlists you've created and your recent listening history.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Note: The only controls that are physically located on the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) speakers are Volume Up/Down and Mute.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Multi-Room Configuration: Combing the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) with other Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same song in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Sources: Online music services, DLNA content, Bluetooth audio, USB audio, Apple iOS/Android device's music library, and the Aux input can be distributed to multiple HEOS products for multiroom/multisource playback.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/players/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
Stereo Pairing: You can configure two HEOS 1 (HS2) speakers or two HEOS 5 (HS2) speakers to work together as a stereo pair; one as the left speaker, and one as the right speaker.
High Resolution & Compressed Music Formats: The HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) wireless audio speaker system supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience over network (DLNA) or USB (MSC), all in the convenience of your home. Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz. HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files; such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
|WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
Note: Compatibility with DSD (audio coding format of SACD) and AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) high-resolutions music files will be supported later this year via a firmware/software update.
USB Port: The HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) are fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 16/32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable.
DLNA Certified: The Denon HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) speakers are DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) . From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year).
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's music library to the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) speaker system. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Denon HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) offers built-in Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the wireless powered speaker. You will continue to control music playback and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. Bluetooth audio can be streamed to one speaker at a time, or distributed to other HEOS products over the network for multiroom audio playback.
Aux Input: The HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) feature a rear-panel 3.5mm AUX input for connection of almost any portable audio device with a headphone or audio output jack. The Aux input is selectable from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The sound from the analog audio device can be played directly on the selected speaker or digitized and sent over your network to other HEOS speakers and players.
Mounting Options: The compact enclosure features humidity resistance, making the HEOS 1 (HS2) ideal for listening in damp or steamy environments, such as the bathroom. The HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker can simply be placed on a table-top, or it can even be mounted on a wall or ceiling using the standard 1/4"-20 threaded insert on back of the speaker and an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). The HEOS 5 (HS2) can only be table-top mounted (does not offer wall-mount capability).
Placement: You can place the HEOS 1 (HS2) and HEOS 5 (HS2) speakers almost anywhere you want to enjoy great sounding music. Please follow these simple guidelines when determining where to place the speakers.
- The speaker must be within range of your wireless network.
- The speaker must be near an AC power outlet.
- The HEOS speaker is designed to sound best when placed 3-12" from a wall.
- Locate the speaker at least 12" from a television, computer, or other display device to avoid the possibility of interference.
- Place the speaker across the room from where you will be listening, as close to ear level as possible.
Note: The HEOS speakers are not waterproof.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Google Assistant Support (via firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
- A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
AC Power + Power Modes: The Denon HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS2) operate off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter (100-240V). The speaker system offers 3 power modes.
- Quick Start: To save power, the speaker will automatically enter "Quick Start Mode" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Quick Start Mode as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" a speaker from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
- Off: To completely turn off the power to the speaker you must remove the mains plug from the back of the speaker.
Optional Go Pack: Denon's Optional Go Pack (033HS1GPKB/W, sold separately) for the HEOS 1 (HS2) features a high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery that delivers 6 hours of playback time and provides a silicone splash guard to seal the jacks to protect from splashing water.
Note: Do not leave speaker outside.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from Denon are delivered to the HEOS 1 (HS2) & HEOS 5 (HS) via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?