About the Denon HEOS Amp
Add Wi-Fi and Bluetooth streaming to any pair of speakers
Add Wi-Fi and Bluetooth streaming to any pair of speakers
Turn your favorite pair of passive speakers into a smart streaming music system. The Denon HEOS Amp provides the amplification and access to your favorite music services. This compact component can supply enough power for most bookshelf speakers, and even some efficient tower speakers. With built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the versatile HEOS Amp puts a huge selection of wireless music at your fingertips. Download the free HEOS app for Apple®, Android™, or Kindle to play and control tunes wirelessly — including high-resolution music.
Wish your speakers had more bass? The HEOS Amp has a preamp output for connecting a powered subwoofer.
Just add indoor or outdoor speakers to enjoy your wireless tunes, in stereo.
A versatile music source and power supply for outdoor speakers
Our in-house A/V designers tell us that outdoor speaker customers call with two common conundrums:
- They have a set of speakers pre-wired and mounted outside, but no way to power them.
- Or their home theater receiver sits near the front of their house, and they want to add speakers to the back porch or patio.
The HEOS Amp is a good solution for either scenario. You can place the amp just inside and it will deliver clean sound to a pair of outdoor speakers. Plus, with the help of a good Wi-Fi router or extender, you can control everything out on the deck with your phone or tablet. This saves you a trip inside every time you need to change the music.
HEOS offers a wide array of music options, including high-res support
After you download the HEOS app to your smartphone or tablet, you'll find an incredible amount of music to play through your stereo speakers. You have access to music stored on your smartphone or tablet, plus downloads found on a server or computer. This second-generation HEOS Amp will even play your high-resolution music files.
There's also support for Pandora®, TIDAL, Amazon Prime, and SiriusXM. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream Internet radio from TuneIn or iHeartRadio. And if you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you play all your favorite albums and playlists.
Built-in Bluetooth gives you more musical freedom
Want to listen to live clips from YouTube? Or maybe you have a new music service that's not yet available through the HEOS app? The latest generation of HEOS has you covered. Use Bluetooth to stream any and all audio sources from your phone or tablet through the HEOS 1, without restrictions. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other HEOS speakers.
Add HEOS speakers throughout the house
The HEOS app lets you choose one song for speakers connected to the HEOS Amp, and something completely different on other HEOS speakers elsewhere. Or you can group HEOS speakers together and have the same tunes playing through several rooms. Have first-generation HEOS gear? All HEOS components are compatible, so you can mix and match.
Send TV or CD sound to other rooms
The HEOS Amp has analog and digital connections for other audio sources like a disc player, cable or satellite box, turntable, portable music player, or streaming media device. You can send music from any of these connected sources to other HEOS speakers and components.
Other HEOS options for your whole-home audio system
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS 5 - This mid-sized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 - Set up this HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS HomeCinema - Dramatically improve TV sound and play your music with this sound bar and wireless sub combo.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or with powered speakers.
- built-in stereo amplifier: 100 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.7% THD
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other HEOS devices
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- free app for Apple®, Android, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- future support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
Connections and dimensions:
- stereo RCA analog inputs
- optical digital audio input
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
- 3.5mm input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player
- connected audio sources can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- binding post speaker terminals
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- AC adapter included
- 8-3/4"W x 3-3/4"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 6.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # HEOSAMPHS2SR
What's in the box:
- Wireless amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 59" Proprietary minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Information
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure
Denon HEOS Amp reviews
Great amplifier with ability to stream multiple different music sources including Pandora and Amazon music as well as others. Amp is fairly easy to setup with good instructions. HEOS app is easy to use.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Nice power and good sound quality when paired with quality speakers. Interface is much like the Sonos interface I have. The only issues I've had is that without a hard ethernet connection, the controller can be delayed or need to be reloaded. Best to have hard connection in to network.
0 of 0 found this helpful
We've had these working for a month now and they are incredible to say the least. We have 5 rooms and each controlled individually by an Amp which is controlled by our phones, or tablets. Excellent sound anywhere with different music in any room. I couldn't have designed this without the excellent help from the Crutchfield tech, thanks Curtis for your patience.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Not what I expected
1 of 37 found this helpful
Awesome performance. Great full deep sound quality.
Pros: performs as I expected based on ads and Crutchfield Customer Service.
3 of 4 found this helpful
I can't complain about the function or sound. Easy to setup. Not compatible with Play Fi to do speaker groups on Spotify. (that's my fault as I have anthem and paradigm products) If it had Play Fi I could setup my outside speakers in a group. Not sure what I'm going to do with this thing as it doesn't fit into what I initially bought it for.
Pros: Easy setup, sounds good
5 of 6 found this helpful
So easy to setup, and the app is awesome. Wife and kids love it too.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Easy to install. Small and compact. I am using it to drive 4 outdoor speakers in my pool area and patio. Was easy to get up and running.
Pros: Easy install and setup. Easily drives 4 speakers (8 ohm).
Cons: None to speak of.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Easy to install and is powering all my outdoor speakers. Highly recommended
2 of 2 found this helpful
Great app run amp. I am using it with a Heos reciever and the integration is flawless.
Pros: No lag time in zones. Easy app to combine inputs or seperate. Individual zone volume is really easy in the app.
Cons: They are tough to rack mount. They are mm over half rack.
5 of 5 found this helpful
Excellent product! Great design. We'll made. Connects with our IOS devices to access streaming media and control the units ooerations. One major negative is Apple''s streaming services and music content do not work on the unit. Not compatible. We use Apple TV to manage and deliver Apple content seperate from the HEOS.
6 of 9 found this helpful
Wanted to stream music to my wired speakers - does this and more. Easy to setup/install and use.
2 of 3 found this helpful
Works exactly as described. Wifi reaches our pool shed so I decided to try this out. The app actually works great. Music is good quality but I'm waiting for my quality speakers to arrive before I can really determine the hifi. Very happy with purchase.
3 of 3 found this helpful
Great product. Music is crystal clear. Hardware is top notch and a step up compared to competition. Software is on par with competition and constantly improving. I tried all of the competing brands and found that HEOS is just a better overall solution for my needs.
3 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Denon HEOS Amp
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The HEOS Amp (HS2) is part of the HEOS wireless multiroom, high resolution audio system. HEOS is a wireless multi-room sound system comprising a family of network music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and speakers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your iOS or Android phone or tablet. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To Make HEOS work in your home, you'll need..
- HEOS network audio amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- a Apple iOS or Android device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Note: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
Wireless Amplifier: The HEOS Amp (HS2) is designed to add HEOS multiroom audio functionality to a pair of stereo speakers. Featuring advanced Class D amplification, the HEOS Amp (HS2) delivers 100 watts of power per channel (70W +70W into 8Ω at 20Hz-20kHz with 0.05% THD), with low distortion and high current capability that provides reliable and stable operation with lower impedance speakers, including 4-ohms models. In addition to the stereo speaker outputs (binding-posts), the HEOS Amp (HS2) features a mono-RCA sub output for connection to a powered subwoofer.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The HEOS Amp (HS2) can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the HEOS Amp (HS2) to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the amplifier will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS Amp (HS2) wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS Amp (HS2). The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the amp via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless amplifiers/speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS systems in your application.
High-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS components at once, each HEOS device must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: The HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: The HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (2.3+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS wireless multiroom system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS Amp (HS2)lifiers, pre-amplifiers or speakers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble controls.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, etc.; your music library from your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC, or USB thumbdrive; and the unit's built-in Bluetooth or Aux input. You can also select music from Playlists you've created and your recent listening history.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Note: The only controls that are physically located on the HEOS Amp (HS2) are Volume Up/Down and Mute.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same HEOS devices in the home.
Multi-Room Configuration: Combing the HEOS Amp (HS2) with other HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same song in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Sources: Online music services, DLNA content, Bluetooth audio, USB audio, Apple iOS/Android device's music library, as well as analog & digital inputs can be distributed to multiple Heos products for multiroom/multisource playback.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
High Resolution & Compressed Music Formats: The HEOS Amp (HS2) supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience over network (DLNA) or USB (MSC), all in the convenience of your home. Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz. HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files; such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
|WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
Note: Compatibility with DSD (audio coding format of SACD) and AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) high-resolutions music files will be supported later this year via a firmware/software update.
USB Port: The HEOS Amp (HS2) is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 16/32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the amplifier's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable.
DLNA Certified: The HEOS Amp (HS2) is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the HEOS Amp (HS2). From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year).
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's music library to the HEOS Amp (HS2). You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The HEOS Amp (HS2) offers built-in Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the wireless network amplifier. You will continue to control music playback and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. You can stream directly to HEOS Amp (HS2), as well as distribute the Bluetooth audio signal to other HEOS products over the network.
Analog & Digital Inputs: The HEOS Amp (HS2) features a stereo RCA input and stereo minijack audio input to connect two external analog devices. It is also fitted with an optical (tosAmp) digital input for connection of an external digital device. The optical digital input supports 2-channel, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit audio. The analog & Digital inputs can be distributed to other HEOS products via the network.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Google Assistant Support (via firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
- A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
AC Power + Power Modes: The HEOS Amp (HS2) operates off of standard household current using its built-in power supply (100-240V) and detachable AC power cord. The wireless network amplifier offers 3 power modes.
- Quick Start: To save power, the amplifier will automatically enter "Quick Start Mode" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Quick Start mode as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The amplifier also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" a speaker from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
- Off: To completely turn off the power to the speaker you must remove the mains plug from the back of the amplifier.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the HEOS Amp (HS2) via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked