About the Denon HEOS Subwoofer
Ready to take your Denon HEOS multi-room audio system to the next (lower) level? Wirelessly pair a HEOS Sub and add clean, powerful bass to the sound. You can use the Sub with a HEOS Bar, HEOS Amp, HEOS Link, or any HEOS speaker.
Clean, clear bass
The HEOS Subwoofer features dual custom 5-1/4" drivers with advanced Class-D amplification to give you accurate yet powerful low-frequency sound. The low-resonance cabinet further ensures clean sound, with a tuned port optimized for acoustic fidelity.
Easy app-based control
Use the free Denon HEOS app to control the Subwoofer from your smartphone or tablet. The app can guide you through the setup process step by step. If you pair the Subwoofer with a HEOS Bar, both components will automatically adjust their sound for settings you select, such as Dialogue Enhancer mode. The app is available from both the Apple® App store and Google Play.
Wireless surround sound, and more
The Subwoofer makes an ideal addition to your HEOS Bar, creating a simple wireless home theater sound system. Add two HEOS speakers for the rear channels, and you've got a full 5.1 system without audio cables running all over the room. You can also use the Subwoofer with single HEOS speaker for fuller sound. Or use it with a stereo pair for a wireless 2.1 audio system.
- for use with HEOS Bar, HEOS AVR, HEOS Amp, HEOS Link, or HEOS speakers
- dual custom 5-1/4" woofers
- Class-D digital amplifier for accurate sound
- communicates with other HEOS speakers via wireless network or wired Ethernet connection
- control your HEOS system with the HEOS app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- can sit upright or lay flat
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 6-7/8"W x 16"H x 17-3/8"D (vertical placement)
- weight: 22.27 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HEOS Sub
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered sub
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 34" Proprietary minijack setup cable
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 4 Self-adhesive feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Extended Protection Plan
- HEOS Customer Service Team Card
Denon HEOS Subwoofer reviews
Really brings bang to the room/whole house. I recently purchased this item and have been more than pleased with its quality. I also have the Denon Heos Bar and am quite pleased with that product as well. Without the Heos Sub connected to the Heos Bar the sound quality was very pleasing and high quality. Adding the Denon Heos Sub adds a whole new level. The sub hits hard and carries throughout my house. Where this system shines in multi-room capabilities is having the ability to set specific EQ's for the sub itself. I can set the low pass filter to optimized for the Heos Bar, or I can set it anywhere from 40hz-250hz. The system also allows to set sub levels as well as similar EQ settings for the Heos Bar. Overall very pleased with the tremendous addition this sub brings to the Heos bar.
Pros: -Bass response -Ability to adjust low pass filter
Cons: -Sub took some time to connect for the first time, but was easily fixed by connecting Ethernet cable to router.
0 of 0 found this helpful
See my Heos soundbar review.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Sounds good, but Klipsch system sounds better overall. Already invested in heos throughout the house and added this and the bar to the family room to complete the he's set up throughout the house.
0 of 0 found this helpful
And WOW!! If you have a HEOS AVR and or would like to add BASS to any HEOS zone this thing is amazing. Fast, loud and great for music and movies! A total no brained for the $$
Pros: Compact size Wireless only! Tight Fast Detailed Works with HEOS
Cons: Wireless ONLY!!
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Denon HEOS Subwoofer
HEOS Sub: Add the HEOS Sub by Denon to the HEOS Bar, HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 (all sold separately) for a 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, or 5.1 speaker system. The HEOS Sub can even be added the HEOS AVR, HEOS Amp, and HEOS Link (all sold separately).
- 1.1 Configuration: A 1.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and one HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speaker (all sold separately).
- 2.1 Configuration: A 2.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speakers (all sold separately).
- 3.1 Configuration: A 3.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and the HEOS Bar soundbar speaker (sold separately).
- 5.1 Configuration: A 5.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub, the HEOS Bar soundbar speaker and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 as rear speakers (all sold separately). Or - the HEOS Sub, the HEOS AVR with passive front & center speakers, and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 as rear speakers (all sold separately).
Note: The HEOS Sub can only be used with the above HEOS products and cannot be used with non HEOS gear.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS Sub uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for connection to your compatible HEOS speaker, receiver, amplifier, or preamplifier. The HEOS Sub can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network. The HEOS Sub connects wirelessly to the HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR via a direct 2.4GHz wireless signal.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect HEOS Sub to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS Sub wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS Sub. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the HEOS Sub via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu. A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
Dual Woofers w/ Class D Amplification: Two custom-made, front-firing 5.25" woofers in combination with sophisticated class D amplification deliver clean and clear, yet punchy bass. The proprietary DSP algorithms provide optimized low frequency response across the entire dynamic range.
Low Resonance Ported Cabinet: The HEOS Sub utilizes a low resonance cabinet with an optimized tuned rear-firing port for deeper, cleaner bass.
Audio Settings: Within the HEOS App, you'll find audio settings for different applications and configurations - such as crossover, phase, level, and distance.
- Low Pass Crossover: You can select factory-optimized low pass crossover points for your connected HEOS Bar, HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speaker. In addition, if you have connected the HEOS Sub to a HEOS AVR or HEOS Amp with a set of loudspeakers you can manually adjust the low pass filter frequency from 40Hz to 250Hz.
- Phase: The Phase control allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
Mounting Options: The HEOS Sub has a unique design and stylish matte black finish that looks great any practically any room and with any decor. You can place it anywhere in your room, thanks to its wireless connectivity. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally (self-adhesive feet supplied for horizontal placement). Its also compact and slim enough fit under some sofa and couches.
- Vertical Dimensions: 6.8125" (w) x 15.9375" (h) x 18.375" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 15.9375"(w) x 6.8125" (h) x 18.375" (d)
Note: The HEOS Sub must be within range of your wireless network.
Standby Modes: The HEOS Sub by Denon features two standby modes to save power.
- Network Standby: To save power, the HEOS Sub will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The HEOS Sub also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Power Requirements: The HEOS Sub will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. It comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to HEOS products via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
USB Port (Future Use): There is a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for future use.
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The HEOS Sub by Denon is part of the HEOS wireless multi-room audio eco-system; comprising of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, & pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need.
- Denon's HEOS network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- an Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. HEOS connects to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect your HEOS components to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect your HEOS components wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of your HEOS component. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the HEOS product via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (4.0+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble (-5 to +5) and Audio Delay (0-500ms). If you add the HEOS Sub or HEOS wireless speakers you can adjust the level and distance of each from within the app.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Hi-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers & receivers at once, each HEOS speaker and receiver must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year).
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to your HEOS gear. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
DLNA Certified: The HEOS is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to your HEOS components. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Multi-Room Configuration: By combining multiple Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receiver, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system - inputs (HDMI/Optical/Coax/Aux), compatible online music services, DLNA music servers, Bluetooth audio, compatible music files stored on a USB mass storage class device, and music on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group 16 rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked