About the Escort M1
Add a dash cam to your Escort radar detector
Add a dash cam to your Escort radar detector
You already trust your Escort radar detector to keep you aware of incoming threats, so why not add an extra layer of safety with an additional set of "eyes"? Escort's M1 dash camera records your travels with full 1080p resolution, providing you with security and plausibility in case of an accident or other interaction with the law. And this compact camera shares a power source with your Escort detector and mounts alongside it on your windshield using the detector's mount, so your view isn't crowded with a tangled mess of wires and devices.
The Escort M1 dash camera mounts alongside your Escort detector using its mount.
Packed with camera features
In addition to full 1080p (30 frames per second) high-definition recording, the M1 boasts enhanced night vision and wide dynamic range (WDR) to ensure the best picture quality in all kinds of lighting. Its 160° wide-angle view covers a large swath of what's near your vehicle, without distortion at the edge of the image. The camera's G-sensor with 3-axis accelerometer senses sudden stops and accelerations, and automatically saves clips if an impact is detected. The M1 also features a built-in microphone so it can record audio, but you can turn it off if desired.
Loop and emergency recording
The M1 starts recording automatically when it powers on and stops recording when powered off. You can program the M1 to record in 1-, 2-, or 3-minute clips. When the memory fills up, the camera automatically deletes oldest clips to make room for newer ones. If you want to save clips from being overwritten, one touch to the Power/Emergency button protects them. You can adjust the resolution of the image down to 720p to save space. Escort includes a 16GB microSD™ memory card with the M1.
Wi-Fi® for control via app
You can control all the M1's action through Escort's free M1 smartphone app. The camera's ad hoc Wi-Fi® network connects to your phone for reliable command whenever you need it. You can view the camera's live images, start or stop recording, change settings, and edit footage through the app. You can then download the videos to your phone or other smart devices and share them with police or others if needed. Sharing options include email, Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other filesharing sites. You can also download videos to an external computer or hard drive through the M1's USB port.
Works with a number of Escort radar detectors
Wondering how to get all this goodness in your vehicle? If you're the proud owner of one of these detectors, you're in luck:
- MAX 360
- Passport Max
- Passport Max2
- RedLine EX
- MAX II Platinum
You can install the M1 alongside any of these models using the detector's StickyCup or EZ Mag windshield mount without any additional accessories and enjoy high-definition images of your travels.
Works with the StickyCup mount with an accessory
If you've got an Escort Passport X80 or Solo S4 radar detector, you can still use the M1 dash camera, but you'll have to employ the optional Escort StickyCup Mounting Bracket to make it fit. These detectors are not compatible: 9500, 9500ix, PassportiQ, S75G, SmartCord Live, or ZW5.
- full HD (1080p) portable digital dash video recorder
- attaches directly to select Escort radar detectors
- also works with select detectors using an optional StickyCup mount (not included)
- includes micro-USB cable, mounting hardware, and 16GB microSD card (compatible up to 32GB)
- built-in Wi-Fi for connection with Escort M1 smartphone app
- records in 1-, 2-, or 3-minute loops
- continuous loop or emergency recording modes
- G-sensor with 3-axis accelerometer
- 160° wide-angle view
- wide dynamic range for a sharper image
- G-sensor incident detection
- built-in microphone
- resolution: 1920 x 1080 (selectable to 1280 x 720)
- frame rate: 30 frames per second (selectable to 30 fps or 60 fps at 1280 x 720 resolution)
- dimensions: 1-3/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 2-5/8"D (1-7/8"W with cable)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1
What's in the box:
- Dash camera (attached 4" RJ-11 cable)
- Mounting bracket (pre-attached to camera)
- 16GB Micro-SD card (installed in camera)
- 40" USB Cable (Type-A to Micro-B/2.0)
- One 1-3/4" Machine screw
- 1 Flat-washer
- 1 Star-washer
- Quickstart guide
- Safety information
More details on the Escort M1
Overview: The Escort M1 dash camera is designed to mount directly to your compatible Escort radar detector (sold separately) and record the road ahead in 1080p high definition quality.
Full HD Video: The Escort M1 features wide dynamic range (WDR) imaging and enhanced night recording for optimized video clarity. All video is recorded in full 1080p at 30fps. An ultra-wide 160° viewing angle provides a full view of the road ahead and periphery while minimizing edge distortion.
Continuous Loop Recording: The Escort M1 continually records while the vehicle is powered on, saving video files to the included 16GB micro-SD (up to 32GB supported). Video footage is stored in 1-, 2-, or 3-minute clips. When the card is full, it will loop back and automatically record over the oldest files.
Emergency Recording: This can be done both automatically and manually:
- Automatic (G-Sensor): A built-in 3-axis accelerometer can sense sudden accelerations, stops, and collisions, automatically protecting footage surrounding the incident.
- Manual: Video footage can be manually protected by simply pressing the Power/Emergency Recording button on the unit. This too will protect the footage surrounding the time the button is pressed.
Audio Recording: Audio can be continually recorded along with video. This feature can be also be set to record audio only during emergency clips, or can be deactivated completely.
APP Control: The Escort M1 App, available from the Apple App or Google Play stores, lets you configure the dash cam and view recorded video on your smartphone. The smartphone connects to the M1 dash cam via a WiFi connection, giving you access to video files and the settings menu. Key options include:
- Video Resolution: Choices are 1080p/30fps (default), 720p/60fps, or 720p/30fps. A higher resolution will record a sharper image, but will take up more memory space on the micro-SD card.
- Video Stamp: The current time and date can be set to be "stamped" on video clips, usually required when footage is used in an accident or traffic dispute.
- Loop Recording: Allows you to set the time duration of video clips.
- Auto Recording: Allows you to set the dash cam to automatically record whenever its powered on. If off, the Power/Emergency Record button must be pressed to start recording.
- G-Sensor Sensitivity: Determines how hard of an impact will be required to activate Emergency Recording. Levels range from 1-3 with 1 being the lightest impact force to trigger it.
- Record Audio: Allows you to record audio along with video. This can be set for continual recording, emergency recordings only, or off.
- Exposure Value: Lets you adjust the exposure value of the dash cam (default is 0.0). Positive number exposure values will make the image brighter, while negative numbers will make it darker.
- WiFi Mode: This lets you choose between Access Point (AP) Mode (default) and Station Mode. AP Mode lets you access video clips and the settings menu for both Android and iOS devices. Station Mode, for Android users only, lets you access both the dash cam and the internet simultaneously.
Computer Connection: The M1 dash cam includes a Micro-B USB port on the rear of the unit for connecting to a home computer. This lets you playback, edit, and save recorded video files. Supported video players include Microsoft Windows Media Player and Apple Quick Time.
Mounting: The Escort M1 is specifically designed to mount directly to compatible Escort radar detectors. The dash cam includes a bracket for mounting to the radar detector and a built-in 4" RJ-11 cable that plugs into the radar detector, providing power for the camera. Some detectors are compatible, but require the optional StickyCup Mounting Bracket (sold separately).
|Direct Fit||Escort iX |
Passport Max 2
Max II Platinum
|Optional StickyCup Mounting Bracket |
|Passport X80 |