About the Audio-Technica LP-120XUSB
Digitize your favorite cuts, or play them live
Digitize your favorite cuts, or play them live
The Audio-Technica LP-120XUSB turntable is made for sharing your favorite vinyl. You can connect its USB output to your Mac® or PC to digitize your albums, so they can travel with you in your smartphone. (Free 3rd-party Audacity software recommended.)
If you like to DJ, the 'table features a high-torque direct-drive motor that gets any record — 33-1/3, 45, or 78 rpm — up to speed in a hurry. Adjustable pitch control lets you change the platter speed ±8% or ±16% for easier beat-match mixing, and a pop-up light on the stylus helps you find your groove in a darkened club or living room. The included detachable dust cover helps keep your 'table clean when you're not using it.
- USB output lets you convert vinyl records to digital audio files
- Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software for digitizing records is a free download
- built-in switchable phono preamp
- high-torque DC servo direct-drive motor for fast starting
- electronic braking system
- selectable speed: 33-1/3, 45, or 78 rpm
- 78 rpm playback of some older pressings requires Audio-Technica VM670SP or similar stylus (stylus not included)
- balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- universal headshell with pre-mounted Audio-Technica AT-VM95E moving magnet phono cartridge
- variable pitch control with quartz-controlled pitch lock
- stroboscopic platter with speed indicator
- removable plug-type stylus target light for easier cueing in low light
- anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter with anti-slip mat
- grounding lug eliminates ground hum
- USB cable for transferring audio to your computer
- dual RCA female to mini-plug male & dual RCA female to mini-plug female adapter cables
- 45 RPM spindle adapter
- counterweight for accurate tonearm tracking
- slip mat
- removable hinged dust cover
- power cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-13/16"W x 5-5/8"H x 13-7/8"D
- weight: 17.6 lbs. (with dust cover removed)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-LP120XUSB-BK
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tone-arm installed)
- Headshell w/ catridge installed
- Felt mat
- 45 RPM adapter
- Stylus target light
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- AC power connector
- 6.5' USB-B to USB-A cable
- 40" Stereo RCA cable
- Dust cover
- 2 Dust cover hinges
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
Audio-Technica LP-120XUSB reviews
I decided to get back into vinyl after a 12 year absence. Back in the 80's I had a great direct drive Technics turntable. Then I listened to all the audiophiles and decided to "upgrade" to a belt drive Dual in the early 90's. Sure it looked great, but honestly didn't sound any better to my ears. In fact I soon grew tired of it's inability to maintain speed, something that was easily adjustable on my Technics. When I decided to get back into vinyl, I knew I didn't want to spend $500+ and I knew that I didn't want a cheap plastic $100 turntable either. There are quite a few nice looking choices in the $2-300 range so that's where my research began and what ultimately lead me to this new turntable. I read too many reviews of speed issues with the belt drive models on every brand and decided I wanted to go with a direct drive with pitch adjustment like my old Technics. I upgraded the felt mat with a rubber one, but other than that I'm leaving it stock and after the easy initial setup, I'm glad to report that it sounds great! A couple things I want to note for people that isn't apparent in the photos or description. In the photos the unit look dark grey, it is in fact black. Also the plinth is metal, not plastic. This thing has some good weight to it. Feels pretty solid. Overall, I'm very pleased.
Pros: Direct drive Pitch Adjustment Light for needle placement Solid feel
Cons: Big (barely fit in my cabinet)
2 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Audio-Technica LP-120XUSB
Direct-drive Motor w/ 3 Speeds: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB is a professional stereo turntable that features a high-torque, direct-drive motor for quick start-ups. The AT-LP120XUSB turntable supports 33-1/3, 45 (adapter included), & 78 RPM speeds (78 RPM records require additional cartridge that is not included).
Die-Cast Aluminum Platter: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB turntable employs a professional anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter with a slip mat. The Stroboscopic platter provides a speed indicator.
Balanced Tone Arm & MM Cartridge: The Audio-Technica turntable features a Balanced S-shaped tone arm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest. You will need to install the included Audio-Technica AT-VM95E Dual Magnet MM phono cartridge which features 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus and 1/2" mount universal headshell (AT-HS6). A popup stylus target light is used for easier cueing in low light.
Built-In Switchable Phono Preamp w/ Stereo RCA Outputs: A selectable internal stereo phono pre-amplifier allows the turntable to plug directly to components with no dedicated Phono MM input. The turntable features stereo RCA outputs and comes with a 40" stereo RCA cable.
USB-B Out for Vinyl Recording: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB turntable features a USB-B output, comes with a 6.5' USB cable, and supports downloadable Audacity recording software that allows you to convert your vinyl records to digital audio files. You will need to plug the turntable into your laptop or computer via USB and install the downloadable Audacity recording software. The Audacity software is compatible with both PC (7 or above) & Mac (OS X 10.7 or above). Your vinyl records can be downloaded and recorded to your laptop or computer at CD-quality (16-bit/44.1 or 48kHz).
Note: Other third-party recording software packages are also compatible with this turntable.
Pitch Control: The turntable incorporates variable pitch control with quartz speed lock. The selectable high-accuracy quartz-controlled pitch lock and pitch change slider control offer +/-8% or +/-16% adjustment ranges.
Dust Cover: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB turntable comes with a removable hinged dust cover.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?