About the Audio-Technica LPW40WN
A versatile, good-looking turntable
A versatile, good-looking turntable
Audio-Technica is rightfully respected for their excellent direct-drive turntables, but we also love their belt-driven 'tables, like the fully manual LPW40WN. It features good build quality in a budget 'table — there's a vibration-resistant die-cast aluminum platter with rubber mat, and the straight carbon-fiber tonearm has a nice AT-VM95E moving magnet cartridge pre-mounted.
There's also a built-in phono preamp and RCA cable for easy integration with most home audio systems, so you can start enjoying your records right away. The elegant simulated walnut veneer is the eye-catching "icing on the cake."
- fully manual operation
- switchable built-in phono preamp for connecting directly to a wide range of receivers, amplifiers, and powered speakers
- anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter with rubber mat
- straight carbon-fiber tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- includes pre-mounted AT-VM95E moving magnet cartridge
- adjustable dynamic anti-skate control
- speed-sensor system maintains accurate platter rotation speed
- anti-resonant MDF (medium density fiberboard) plinth with walnut simulated wood veneer
- speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 rpm (manual speed change)
- includes stereo RCA cable, 45 rpm adapter, rubber mat, and removable hinged dust cover
- signal-to-noise ratio: 60 dB
- wow and flutter: 0.15% at 33-1/3 RPM
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-9/16"W x 4-11/16"H (with dust cover down) x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 10.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-LPW40WN
What's in the box:
- Tonearm (pre-installed)
- Headshell/catridge/stylus assembly
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 39" Stereo RCA cable (attached ground wire)
- 45-RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the Audio-Technica LPW40WN
Fully Manual Belt-Drive Turntable: The Audio-Technica AT-LPW40WN is a fully manual, belt-drive turntable designed to give you optimal high-fidelity audio reproduction from vinyl. Its motor features a sensor-monitored system to main accurate platter rotation at speeds of 33-1/3 and 45RPM (45RPM adapter is included).
Anti-Resonance Construction: The AT-LPW40WN features an aesthetically pleasing anti-resonance MDF (medium density fiberboard) plinth with simulated walnut wood veneer to limit low-frequency acoustical feedback. It also includes a professional anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter with rubber mat. In addition, there are anti-resonance rubber feet that deter vibration (the feet are non-removable and non-adjustable).
Straight Carbon-Fiber Tonearm: The Audio-Technica AT-LPW40WN turntable includes a straight carbon-fiber tonearm with adjustable tracking force and dynamic anti-skate control. The straight carbon-fiber tone-arm features a hydraulically damped manual lift and lockable rest.
AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet (MM) Cartridge: The AT-LPW40WN comes with a AT-HS4 universal 1/2"-mount headshell with an AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge. Audio-Technica has been a leader in phono cartridge design for more than 50 years, and that expertise shows in the versatile, high-performance AT-VM95E cartridge, which comes with a 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus, but is also compatible with any Audio-Technica VM95 Series replacement stylus (sold separately), offering a wide choice of options for a variety of applications.
Note: The headshell/catridge/stylus assembly does not come pre-installed on the tone-arm and must be user installed.
Built-In Selectable Phono Preamp with RCA Outputs: The AT-LPW40WN is equipped with a built-in selectable phono preamp and a detachable dual RCA output cable to enable direct connection to your receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers with or without a dedicated phono input.
AC Power Adapter: The AT-LPW40WN comes with an external AC power adapter that handles AC/DC conversion outside of the turntable's chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain.
Hinged Dust Cover: The Audio-Technica (AT) turntable comes with an hinged dust cover to protect against dust build-up.
3 questions already asked