About the Cobra RAD 350
Make the most of your time on the road with this Cobra detector
Make the most of your time on the road with this Cobra detector
If you're constantly worried about what's around the bend or at the next intersection, the RAD 350 radar detector from Cobra gives you the security you crave as you drive. Cobra's loaded this device with advanced circuitry to track multiple laser and radar bands — including instant-on radar — but with fewer false alerts from roadside and in-vehicle signal sources. You'll see everything you need to know on the detector's easy-to-read 7-segment color display, so you can make decisions about your course of action quickly and decisively.
Keep false alerts to a minimum
The RAD 350 incorporates sophisticated anti-falsing circuitry to keep you from getting annoying false alerts from automatic door openers, roadside traffic flow monitors, and other radar detectors. Cobra's updatable in-vehicle technology filter reduces false alerts from collision avoidance systems and adaptive cruise controls found in other vehicles on the road, both now and in the future as the technology changes.
A vanguard you can count on
The RAD 350 also provides complete immunity to VG-2 radar detector detection devices, giving you a heads-up when they're in proximity. Its rugged chassis protects super-fast circuitry that alerts you to upcoming problems well in advance. You'll see a numeric value of the signal's strength (from 1 to 5) to learn how close you are to the signal's source, and the detector provides unique tones to let you know which band it's seeing and strong the signal is.
Extras for a smoother drive
You can choose between city and highway modes to keep false alerts to a minimum, or turn on the dim mode to give your eyes a break when driving at night. Want to keep things quiet? Employ the Manual Mute or Auto Mute modes for less insistent audio warnings.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar detector
- suction-cup mount windshield bracket kit
- straight power cord
- detects multiple radar bands and 6 laser bands
- digital audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and instant-on, including signal strength
- anti-falsing circuitry and updatable in-vehicle technology filter
- city/highway modes
- 360° laser protection
- VG-2 immunity and alerts
- display includes numeric signal strength
- dim and auto-mute modes
- dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0180001-1
What's in the box:
- Radar detector
- Dual suction cup mount
- Hook-and-loop pad
- 76" Power cable with cigarette lighter adapter
- Operating Instructions
- Product Registration note
- Customer Care note
Cobra RAD 350 reviews
Only used a little. Seems a little more accurate than my older Cobra in my truck. Less false warnings.
0 of 0 found this helpful
great all around radar, not too cheap but not crazy expensive, weeds out alot of false alarms
0 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Cobra RAD 350
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Cobra RAD 350 detects all radar, laser, and VG-2 signals. It has a bright, easy-to-read color display, so you can always be aware of radar and laser use nearby. The RAD 350 comes with dash and windshield mounts, and a 76" straight power cord with a cigarette lighter adapter.
Radar/Laser Detection: The RAD 350 detects X, K, and Ka band radar signals, including those from "instant on" radar guns. With LaserEye, the unit detects LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), commonly known as Laser, from the front and rear. For best results, the unit must have a clear view out the windshield and back window. The RAD 350 monitors the following frequencies:
- Radar: The display shows the following radar bands
along with LEDs indicating signal strength.
- X Band: 10.525 GHz
- K Band: 24.150 GHz
- Ka Band: 33.400 - 36.000 GHz
- Ku Band: 13.435 GHz
Note: The FCC has approved X, K, and Ka band for use in the US, while the Ku band is used in parts of Europe and Asia.
- Laser: LTI 20-20, LTI Laser, Kustom Signals Laser 340, Kustom Signals Laser, Stalker LIDAR, and Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser/Kustom Signals-ProLaser II. The display shows the letter "L" when any of the above-listed Laser types are detected.
Display: The RAD 350 is equipped with a 2.5", easy-to-read full color display with bright band identification icons and a 7-segment numeric signal strength indicator. You can adjust the intensity of the display using the top mounted "Dim" button in 3 levels (Bright, Dim, Dark).
Visual Alerts: The display includes the type of signals detected, as well as a numeric indication of the signal strength. Laser detection and VG-2 detection are indicated with a glowing "L" or "V", respectively.
Tone Alerts: The unit will sound alerts and confirm user settings with an audible tone alert. A distinctly different tone is used for each type of signal detected, and with radar bands, the tones will repeat faster as you approach the signal source.
Auto Mute: Auto Mute automatically reduces the volume of all alerts after 4 seconds. The signals will remain muted for as long as the signal is detected.
Anti-Falsing Circuitry: The RAD 350's Anti-Falsing circuitry helps to reduce false alerts from erroneous sources, including automatic garage door openers and traffic flow monitoring devices.
- City/Highway Modes: Selectable City and Highway sensitivity modes are available to adjust to the driving environment. The City mode delays all X band audio alerts at lower signal strength levels. This reduces the number of false alerts when you're driving in high density areas where there are many conflicting X band signals from microwave towers and garage door openers. Highway mode gives you increased sensitivity in areas where there are fewer causes for false alerts.
- IVT Filter: The unit has an In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) Filter that reduces false alerts caused by modern safety devices found in recent vehicles. Blind spot systems and collision-avoidance system use radar-like signals to alert you of oncoming traffic or vehicles trailing in your blind spot. Adaptive cruise controls can monitor the distance between your vehicle and one you're following. The IVT Filter can distinguish between these signals and real radar signals, and will keep your detector from emitting a false alert.
VG-2 Protection: Police use radar detector detectors (RDDs) with VG-2 and other signals to find drivers that are using a radar detector. The RAD 350 will alert you with audible and visual signals when it identifies VG-2 signals and RDDs. At the same time, the RAD 350 is invisible to VG-2 detectors. You can turn VG-2 protection on or off as desired.
Mounting: For optimum performance, you should mount your detector in the center of the vehicle, without obstructing the view of the road to the front or rear. The detector can be mounted in two ways:
- Dashboard Mount: Using the supplied hook-and-loop pad, you can attach the detector to the dashboard.
- Windshield Mount: The supplied windshield mount adheres the detector to the windshield with two suction cups. The angle can be adjusted for best visibility.
Power Requirements: The RAD 350 comes with a 12-volt DC power adapter ("cigarette lighter adapter") with a 6' cord. With the optional RA-PSC-B, you can hardwire your radar detector to your vehicle's switched power and ground wires.