About the Boss 660BRGB
Simple and versatile
Simple and versatile
Talk about a lot for a little. Boss's 660BRGB CD receiver includes an auxiliary input for your portable player, while the front-panel USB port let you play your MP3 and WMA music as well. Boss serves up Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming. You can control it all from the large button array or use the included wireless remote control.
Bluetooth gets in the game
With the built-in Bluetooth technology, you can answer a phone call with the push of a button, and talk as if your caller is sitting next to you, freeing up your hands and letting you concentrate on the drive. The sensitive microphone's built into the faceplate, saving some installation time. You can stream music wirelessly from compatible devices to the receiver, with basic control functions like "play" or "pause."
Add more to the mix
Once you've got your music going, you can tweak the sound using the four EQ presets for just the right tone. The 660BRGB also includes three sets of preamp outputs to connect amplifiers to add more power to your speakers and subwoofers. Need a different color to match your dash lighting? The variable illumination lets you pick your favorite color for the look you want.
Auxiliary input note: While this receiver has front and rear auxiliary inputs, only one should be used at a time.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- single-line display with variable color illumination
- fits 4" tall dash openings
- wireless remote control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 4 preset EQ curves
- bass boost and loudness controls
- inputs: front and rear auxiliary inputs, front USB port (no iPod control)
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (1-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 660BRGB
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (15A fuse)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- 2 Brackets
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 8 ISO-screws
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
- 3 Year Warranty Extension Card
- "Thank You" card
- "Like us on Facebook"card
More details on the Boss 660BRGB
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||80 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||1 volt|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss 660BRGB CD receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss 660BRGB allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls. The 660BRGB allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the included remote control's keypad (there is no phonebook transfer).
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss 660BRGB also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or portable digital music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) of from the 660BRGB. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the 660BRGB. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss 660BRGB.
Disc Compatibility: The Boss 660BRGB features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/RW audio discs. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW discs.
USB Port: The 660BRGB is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss 660BRGB features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The 660BRGB features 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Dual Aux Inputs: The CD receiver is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of any portable audio player with a 3.5mm headphone output. The head unit is also fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA input for connection of an external audio source.
4Ch Amplifier: The Boss 660BRGB CD receiver employs a 80W (peak) x 4ch amplifier.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The Boss 660BRGB is also fitted with front, rear, & sub 1.0-volt RCA outputs to connect an external amplifier.
Equalizer: You can choose between 4 preset modes - Pop, Rock, Classic, Flat, or Off. In addition to the EQ Presets, the 660BRGB offers independent Bass & Treble control.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer at lower volumes.
Variable Color Button Illumination: You can choose Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Cyan, or White for the CD receiver's front-panel button illumination. You can also choose to have the receiver cycle through all colors. The LCD screen's illumination will remain a bluish white color.
IR Remote: The Boss 660BRGB includes a 21-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the CD receiver. The remote even allows you to answer and end Bluetooth phone calls.
2-DIN Chassis: The Boss CD receiver has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting sleeve to Euro-mount the head unit.
25 questions already asked