About the Polk Audio Atrium5
Take your favorite music outdoors with the Polk Atrium5 speakers. These small speakers offer premium sound, thanks to 3/4" tweeters and 5" woofers. And the rugged, weatherproof design can withstand full exposure to the elements. That means you'll get years of superb performance, wherever you choose to place them.
Polk's new Speed-Lock system makes mounting the Atrium5s quick and easy. Install the bracket and simply click the speaker into place. Then just aim the sound towards your listening area and tighten down the included thumbscrew.
- all-weather enclosure
- 5" woofer, 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter
- frequency response 60-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity 90 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 100 watts
- includes mounting hardware
- 6-7/8"W x 10-5/16"H x 8-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Priced per pair
- MFR # AM5088-A
What's in the box:
- 2 White all-weather speakers
- 2 Mounting brackets (installed) Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
- Polk Audio brochure
More details on the Polk Audio Atrium5
Features & specs
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Power Range (watts)||10-100|
|Frequency Response||60-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Weatherproof Design: Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Certification means Atrium speakers can effortlessly withstand the outdoors, and hold up in extreme temperatures and precipitation.
Polk Patented Technologies: Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Dynamic Balance: A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- Klippel Optimization: By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels.
Woofers: Each speaker features a 5" (12.7cm) long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver for clean midrange and deep, accurate bass. For a smoother response and improved durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
Tweeters: Each speaker features a 3/4" (19mm) anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
Rugged Enclosure Design: The durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for great sound, no matter what the weather. The rugged, mineral-filled polypropylene enclosure features a rustproof aluminum grille, rustproof aluminum bracket, and stainless steel/brass hardware.
Note: The speakers are available in a black or white finish. The enclosure is also paintable.
Broad Coverage Baffle Design: The sculpted front, steeply-angled baffle design and rounded enclosure minimize diffraction (sound reflecting off of hard edges) for more open and lifelike imaging.
5-way Binding Posts: The Atrium 5 has a pair of gold-plated binding posts that will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, single- and dual banana plugs.
Speed-Locking Mounting System: The included rustproof aluminum brackets allow multiple mounting options and are quick-and-easy to install. The Atrium 5 can be mounted either horizontally or vertically and aimed to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations The integrated brackets provide full 180-degree rotation (when mounted vertically or horizontally. The mounting brackets even allow the speaker to be mounted snugly in a corner or under an eve (at a downward 45-degree angle). You can remove the bracket and use the speaker's built-in stability feet, if you simply want to place the speaker on a table or shelf.
The Polk Audio Atrium5 replaces these items
- frequency response 62-22,000 Hz
- 3/4" Kortec soft-dome tweeter, 5-1/4" woofer
- weatherproof design is ideal for indoor, outdoor, and marine use
7 questions already asked