About the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini
Big sound for smaller spaces
Big sound for smaller spaces
The compact MagniFi Mini system brings spacious sound and clear dialogue to smaller rooms, like a bedroom.
There's one TV in my house that I almost never watch. The picture looks fine, but the sound from its tiny built-in speakers is just pathetic. I've been looking to upgrade with a compact sound bar system, and Polk Audio's MagniFi Mini is a strong contender.
When Polk stopped by recently they demoed their new Signature series speakers and the MagniFi Mini system. They played the 5.1 speaker setup first, and I think we were all expecting a big letdown when they switched to the MagniFi sound bar and sub, but that didn't happen. The MagniFi duo sounded ridiculously big and full for a system of this size and price.
The biggest problem with most TV speakers is distorted, hard-to-hear dialogue. The MagniFi Mini sound bar tackles this issue with Polk's patent-pending VoiceAdjust™ technology. VoiceAdjust lifts the sound of speech so that it's easy to make out, regardless of what you're watching — or how loud. Even soft-spoken dialogue comes through crystal-clear whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side. There's even a separate volume control just for voice.
Simple to hook up and use
Hooking up the MagniFi Mini is quick and easy. It connects to your TV with just a single audio cable. Using the included HDMI or optical digital cables lets you take advantage of the bar's built-in Dolby® Digital decoding. You can also choose between three listening modes — Movies, Music, and Sports — to help tailor the sound to what you're watching.
Speaking of connections, the MagniFi Mini also has built-in Bluetooth® and Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in). You can wirelessly play tunes from your smartphone or tablet through the sound bar's powerful drivers.
A compact, convenient wireless subwoofer
Polk included a sub with a 6-1/2" woofer to deliver satisfying bass for high-energy action scenes and music. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly, which makes it super easy to place in your room — you just need to plug it into a wall outlet for power.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The MagniFi Mini is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player you download to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It gives you multi-room audio playback for all your Chromecast-compatible devices and more. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription. Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- 2.1-channel system; compact sound bar has 6 built-in speakers
- four 2-1/4" drivers and two 1/2" tweeters
- separate wireless subwoofer with 6-1/2" driver
- built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in) for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- works with Google Home voice controller
- gives you voice control over music features and volume
- Polk VoiceAdjust™ technology helps keep dialogue intelligible
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- three listening modes: Movie, Music, and Sports
- universal remote control learns commands from IR remotes for TVs, satellite receivers, and cable boxes
- remote has master volume control, plus separate volume buttons for "bass" and "voice"
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input
- connects to your TV's HDMI port (cable included)
- Toslink optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input (cable included)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- USB port for firmware updates
- system frequency response 40-24,000 Hz
- sound bar: 13-7/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 5-1/16"D
- subwoofer: 7-7/16"W x 14-9/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (speakers), 1 year (electronics)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM9114-A
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 59" AC power cord
- 70" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 6' Stereo minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- TV Remote Programming Supplemental Guide
- Important Product Information
- Online Registration Card
More details on the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||SDA Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||40-24k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Voice Control||Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/8H x 13-1/2W x 5-1/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||14-9/16H x 7-1/2W x 14-15/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Ultra-Compact Soundbar: The Polk MagniFi Mini's soundbar features an ultra-compact design that fits tight spaces and still delivers big, room-filling sound. The soundbar speaker is equipped with a six speaker array which consists of two 0.5" tweeters and four 2.25" midrange drivers, all powered by a built-in amplifier.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer reproduces deep bass impact that you can feel from your movie and music soundtracks. It houses a down-firing 6.5" woofer, down-firing bass port, and a built-in amplifier. You can independently adjust the wireless powered sub's bass level from the rest of the system's overall volume level.
Proprietary Polk Technologies: Featuring Polk's patented SDA surround sound and Voice Adjust technologies, the MagniFi Mini soundbar speaker system produces an immersive listening experience.
- SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array): Polk's patented Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) surround technology is based on fundamental research into the way our ears process sound and perceive the direction of sounds. It uses a patented combination of signal processing and acoustical geometry that complements the spacing between our ears to produce a wide sound stage without the need for rear mounted speakers. Thanks to SDA surround technology, the Polk MagniFi Mini requires no special room characteristics and can deliver a room-filling surround experience in nearly any location in almost any type of room.
- Voice Adjust: Voice Adjust technology dramatically increases vocal clarity and volume level for crystal clear dialog no matter what you're watching. You can customize the voice levels in the soundbar however you prefer to reproduce clear, crisp dialog and never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
Dolby Digital: The Polk MagniFi Mini soundbar and sub system will decode Dolby Digital 5.1ch audio through its HDMI and Optical digital. 2ch PCM audio is also supported through HDMI, Optical, and stereo minijack.
Optimized EQ Presets: One button preset EQ settings for Movies, Music, Sports, and Night optimize the soundbar and subwoofer to ensure you get the clearest dialog, big surround sound and deep bass for the best audio and home theater experience regardless of what you are watching or if you are watching late at night.
- Movie: Enhances audio reproduction in TV and movies.
- Music: Enhances audio whenever you're listening to music, watching music videos, or enjoying a concert on TV.
- Sports: Enhances audio whenever you are watching sporting events, news, and talk shows.
- Night: Reduces bass and volume dynamic while improving voice intelligibility for low-volume listening.
HDMI ARC Out: The Polk MagniFi Mini is equipped with one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital 5.1ch & 2ch PCM.
Note: Many televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog.
Digital & Analog Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini soundbar system provides a digital (optical) input and analog minijack (3.5mm) input for connectivity to your TV our other source components. You should make sure to turn your TV speakers off or set to "0".
- Optical Digital Input: The soundbar features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital 5.1 program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
- Stereo Minijack Input: The soundbar is equipped with an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output). If your TV is equipped with stereo RCA outputs, you will need a stereo minijack-to-RCA adapter cable (sold separately).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini soundbar system supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac laptop/computer and more. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the soundbar speaker system. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enable mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini soundbar speaker system.
Network Connection: The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini offers built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) and features a rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for a wireless or wired connection to your home's network router. By connecting to your home's network, the MagniFi Mini will support Google Cast Audio, so you can wirelessly stream many of your favorite music apps from your Android smartphone/tablet, Apple iOS device, Mac computer, or Windows PC to the soundbar speaker system.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 4.0+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the MagniFi Mini soundbar speaker system. Chromecast built-in certified apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, & iHeart Radio (click here for a complete list of compatible apps - subscription fees may apply). Chromecast built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your smartphone or tablet, so you don't lose any sound quality. Additional Chromecast built-in features include -
- Simple-to-Use: Chromecast built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system or draining your battery. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.0.3+), you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase the Google Home Wireless Speaker (sold separately) or other Google Home Assistant compatible speaker (see Accessories tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The MagniFi Mini & the Google Home Assistant device must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the MagniFi Mini soundbar speaker system to respond to your TV's IR remote (basic functions only - Power/Input/Volume/Mute). In addition, there are controls on the top-panel of the soundbar speaker.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can simply be placed on a tabletop, stand, or shelf. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 30' from soundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
Note: The soundbar speaker is not wall-mountable.
Power Requirements: Both the soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will require an AC power outlet.
45 questions already asked