About the Polk Audio Omni S6
Your favorite music in every room
Your favorite music in every room
Wouldn't it be nice if you could play any song in any room, whenever you felt like it — the same song everywhere, or different songs in different rooms? How about the ability to control it all with your smartphone? The Polk Audio Omni system is an easy way to make it happen. Each Omni speaker is easy to set up and control via Wi-Fi® with your smartphone or tablet. Adding speakers is as simple as plugging them in and tapping a few buttons. In just minutes, you can have music playing throughout your house, without running a single wire except plugging them into a power outlet.
Robust, room-filling sound
If you have a family room, open kitchen, or other large indoor space, the Omni S6 is ideal. It features two full-range drivers and two tweeters that work together to produce rich, detailed sound. The built-in four-channel amplifier ensures each speaker performs optimally, so even at maximum room-filling volume levels, you'll still enjoy clean, accurate sound. And you can wirelessly pair two S6 speakers for true stereo sound.
Play loads of music wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet
The Omni S6 gives you a world of music options. The free Polk Omni app for Apple® and Android™ is the key. It lets you access music stored on your smartphone or tablet. You can also stream music from networked computers and music servers. If you're one of the millions of Spotify® Premium subscribers, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. There's built-in support for Pandora® Internet radio and SiriusXM. Plus, you can choose from thousands of free Internet radio streams as well.
Play-Fi® turns every smartphone into its own music system
Omni S6 uses Play-Fi wireless technology. Developed by audio innovator DTS, Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple speakers, play a different song in every room, or let each member of the family control speakers independently with their own device. Play-Fi can transmit lossless audio at CD quality to up to 16 speakers or components on your network. Best of all, the S6 can work with other Play-Fi speakers from other manufacturers. That means you can mix and match different brands of wireless speakers, offering more flexibility than closed systems.
Explore the entire Polk Audio Omni system and build your whole-house music system
Omni S2 - Compact size, great sound. Easy wireless music listening with your smartphone or tablet.
Omni S2 Rechargeable - A rechargeable battery and a weather-resistant design allow outdoor use with this compact speaker.
Omni S6 - Ideal for large, open rooms. Easy wireless music listening with your smartphone or tablet. Two can be paired for robust stereo sound.
Omni P1 - Add the Omni wireless system to your existing stereo.
Omni A1 - Connect a pair of speakers to this amplified wireless player.
Omni SB1 - This sound bar and subwoofer bring wireless music to your home theater.
- two built-in 4" full-range speakers
- two built-in 3/4" tweeters
- built-in four-channel amplifier for detailed sound
- DTS Play-Fi software allows speaker to communicate with other Polk Omni devices, as well as other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- free Polk/Play-Fi app for Apple and Android devices offers easy music selection and playback
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- supports Spotify Connect, Pandora®, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone or tablet
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- USB port for firmware updates
- two S6 speakers can be paired for stereo sound
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player
- front-panel volume buttons
- requires AC power (AC adapter included)
- 12-1/2"W x 8-3/4"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # AM6936-A
What's in the box:
- Active wireless speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- 5' Stereo minijack cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Product Information
- Preferred Service Program
- "Free Technical Support" note
- Polk Omni Collection brochure
- "Spotify Premium" sheet
More details on the Polk Audio Omni S6
Omni S6 Active Wireless Speaker: The Omni S6 is a compact wireless speaker that lets you put Polk's widely respected signature sound in any room of your home or office. The Polk Audio Omni S6 houses two 0.75" tweeters and two 4" midrange drivers powered by a 4-channel amplifier for full-range, room-filling sound. The S6 has a built-in carry handle to make it easier to move the speaker from one room of your home or office to another. The speaker is AC powered and is not battery powered.
Omni Series: The Omni S6 is part of Polk Audio's Omni Collection, a series of wireless products that allow you to control what you want to listen to from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and stream it wirelessly to any room. You can start with one Omni series wireless product and then add more throughout your home or office.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Polk Audio's Omni series collection of wireless speakers employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Definitive Technology, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi speaker to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the Polk Omni App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Polk Omni App: Download the free Polk Omni App onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Omni wireless speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your Omni and DTS Play-Fi speakers. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Omni series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Polk Audio's Omni series wireless speaker collection supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.0+) device to the Polk Audio Omni speaker system through the free Polk Omni app.
- Online Music Services: From the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, and Internet Radio. While the DTS Play-Fi app is free, not all the online music services are (subscription & purchasing fees may apply).
- Computer Audio: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the free Polk Omni app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Supported Music Files: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Stereo Pair: The Polk Omni app lets you link two Polk Omni S6 speakers together to create a stereo image with discrete left and right speakers. This is perfect for larger spaces or for the enthusiast who wants a stereo image. After you setup a stereo pair, the two Polk Omni S6 speakers will show up as one "Speaker" under the speaker tab of the Polk Moni app.
Wireless Surround: You can use a pair of the Polk Omni S6 wireless speakers as rear surround speakers for the Omni SB1 Plus soundbar speaker system. Simply update the speakers' firmware using the Polk Audio Utility app (for iOS & Android), followed by a single update to the DTS Play-Fi software using this same app. Once updated, setup is simple and can be completed in minutes. It is highly recommended that the wireless rear surround speakers be placed on the 5GHz band of a dual band AC router.
Aux Input: A 3.5mm auxiliary input lets you connect and play music from other audio sources, such as a portable CD player or MP3 player with an audio output or headphone output jack. This input can only be played back at the speaker location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Omni S6 operates off of standard household current using its internal power supply and detachable power cord.
1 question already asked