About the Polk Audio Omni SB1
A sound bar that's also a wireless music system
The Omni SB1 offers great sound, dialogue enhancement, and wireless music listening from a system that's easy to fit in your TV room.
A sound bar that's also a wireless music system
Most people think of sound bars as solutions for better TV sound. The Polk Audio Omni SB1 is certainly that, delivering clear dialogue and rich, robust sound. But it's the wireless music capability that has us really excited about this system. It's a gateway into Polk's Omni wireless music system, which allows you to add speakers and components throughout your house, to enjoy wireless music in every room. This bar and subwoofer sound terrific with movies, TV, and music. But when you start adding other Omni speakers, you'll unlock this system's full potential.
Clear sound from a slim bar
The Omni SB1 sound bar features three built-in speakers that produce smooth, detailed sound. The specially designed rectangular drivers were crafted to deliver big sound in a sound bar that's very slim, so it easily fits in front of your TV. The subwoofer offers lots of tight bass, for explosive movie sound effects and plenty of bounce with tunes that demand it. When you're watching movies and TV, you'll appreciate the SB1's VoiceAdjust™ technology, which enhances dialogue clarity and even allows you to tailor the volume of voices. But that's just part of the story of this powerful sound bar...
Polk's VoiceAdjust technology makes dialogue come alive, for clear voices even when listening at low volume.
Play loads of music wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet
The Omni SB1 offers lots of ways to listen to music. The free Polk Omni app for Apple® and Android™ is your hub for accessing music stored on your smartphone or tablet. You can also stream music from networked computers and music servers. If you're one of the millions of Spotify® Premium subscribers, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. There's built-in support for Pandora® Internet radio and SiriusXM (SiriusXM requires Android device; iOS support coming in 2015). Plus, you can choose from over 37,000 free Internet radio streams, for a nearly endless supply of music and other programming.
Play-Fi® turns every smartphone into its own music system
The key to the Omni SB1's wireless music capability is Play-Fi. Developed by audio innovator DTS, Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple speakers, play a different song in every room, or let each member of the family control speakers independently with their own device. Play-Fi can transmit lossless audio at CD quality to up to 16 speakers or components on your network. Best of all, the Polk Omni SB1 can work with other Play-Fi speakers from other manufacturers. That means you can mix and match different brands of wireless speakers, offering more flexibility than closed systems.
Sound you'll enjoy as much as we do
Polk Audio speakers have long been favorites with our customers, as well as our employees. The Omni SB1 lives up to that reputation — we were quite impressed by its performance with music. This is definitely a system for people looking for a sound bar to pull double duty for movies and music.
Explore the entire Polk Audio Omni system and build your whole-house music system
Omni S2 - Compact size, great sound, easy wireless music listening with your smartphone or tablet.
Omni S2 Rechargeable - A rechargeable battery and a weather-resistant design allow outdoor use with this compact speaker.
Omni P1 - Add the Omni wireless system to your existing stereo.
Omni A1 - Connect a pair of speakers to this amplified wireless player.
Omni SB1 - This sound bar and subwoofer bring wireless music to your home theater.
- powered three-channel sound bar with three 3" x 1" full-range drivers
- slim design allows easy placement in front of your TV
- VoiceAdjust technology enhances dialogue for more clarity even at low volumes
- DTS Play-Fi software allows speaker to communicate with other Polk Omni devices, as well as other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- supports Spotify Connect, Pandora®, SiriusXM®, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services; SiriusXM only available with Android devices, with iOS support coming in 2015)
- listening modes optimize sound for movies or music
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- two 3.5mm AUX inputs for connecting an iPod or other portable music player (cable included)
- top-panel control buttons
- AC adapter included
- 43"W x 2-3/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- 8" cone woofer
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement
- 13-3/4"W x 14-5/16"H x 11-5/8"D
- total system power: 350 watts
- free Polk/Play-Fi app for Apple and Android devices offers easy music selection and playback
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- remote control
- warranty: 3 years (speakers), 1 year (electronics)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # AM6914-A
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 6' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Product Information
- Preferred Service Program
Polk Audio Omni SB1 reviews
This is a great sound bar for the price. My only wish is that it had Bluetooth connectivity. The Polk Omni app is nice but it is a bit confusing to navigate.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great sound, however uses a difficult to setup streaming app I could never get to connect through WiFi. No bluetooth on this model. Case is plastic and remote is cheap for a soundbar in this price range.
Cons: No bluetooth, cheap credit card remote.
2 of 2 found this helpful
We had to send it back because of the app associated with it. The app had terrible reviews esp with android devices.
Pros: Hard to say since we couldn't get it to function without the app
Cons: Reliance on the app for hookup and functioning
1 of 3 found this helpful
Great product for the price. I purchased this product when it was on sale as a open box
Pros: Sounds great, good looking product at a good value
Cons: A little difficult switching from network back to optical
0 of 0 found this helpful
I tried wireless systems from Sonos, Definitive Technology and now Polk. To me, they all sound average at best for music. If you only want to enhance your TV experience, go with Polk. They all sound about the same anyway, but fall WAY short of a wired system. Plus Polk is much less expensive. I am sending back the Sr2 speakers that I purchased at the same time since the only way to get them all to play the same thing requires the use of their Polk app. That app is highly restricted to what it works with. Pandora sounds okay, but Bluetooth is not part of this ability. You can plug a wireless Bluetooth adapter into the soundbar, but it won't stream to any other speakers. This system is in it's infancy. Wait a few more years for advances is my best advice.
Pros: Convenient in that it is simple plug and play for TV useage. Less expensive than the competition.
Cons: Sounds about like $100 computer speakers for music. No easy way to stream music via Bluetooth. Only way to utilize PlayFi is through the quirky app with very limited sources.
6 of 7 found this helpful
Great product and very easy to set up! Lots of bass!
1 of 3 found this helpful
we are very pleased with this purchase!!.....we have been a polk fan for 25+ years and wanted to stick with the sound we have come to love. we needed the space, however, and first purchased a smaller unit from the polk soundbar system. it sounded great, but unfortunately the voices got a little lost....so we decided to go with this bar that allows for voice adjustment. we are very pleased with the sound and the fact it came with a sub (necessity) and are looking forward to adding speakers to the rest of the house.....and as always, Crutchfield rocks with their service and delivery!
4 of 4 found this helpful
After talking with a Crutchfield advisor and naming my needs I decided on the Polk Omni SB1. It came quick as usual and I am thoroughly pleased with the sound and Bass response of the system.
Pros: Easy setup, astetically pleasing, great sound and volume. Bass is tight and room filling.
3 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the Polk Audio Omni SB1
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||3" x 1" Full-range (3)|
|Subwoofer Driver||7" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||150 watt|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150 watt|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-3/16H x 43W x 3-5/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-1/4H x 13-3/4W x 13-1/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Polk Audio Omni SB1 soundbar speaker houses three 3" x 1" full-range drivers powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The soundbar's critically tuned ports provide optimum blending of the full-range drivers with the included wireless powered sub. The Omni SB1 soundbar speaker employs two of Polk's proprietary technologies for exceptional performance.
- VoiceAdjust Technology: VoiceAdjust Technology uses an adjustable three element line array with the center driver receiving the greater share of the bandwidth in order to provide clean clear, crisp dialogue, whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side.
- Full Complement Bass Drive: Polk's exclusive Full Complement Bass Drive Technology in the soundbar improves lower midrange, upper bass tonal richness, fast transient response and overall output capability.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer features a down-firing 7" woofer and port in compact Bass Reflex enclosure. The 7" woofer is powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The powered subwoofer receives it audio signal wirelessly (up to 50') from the system's soundbar, so there is no subwoofer cable to connect. If you prefer, a wired connection (3.5mm) can be used. You can adjust the volume of the sub independently from the system's overall volume.
Analog + Digital Connectivity: The Polk Audio Omni SB1 soundbar & sub system provides both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) connectivity for a variety of source components.
- Digital Connection (Dolby Digital/DTS): The soundbar speaker system features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
- Analog Connections: The soundbar is equipped with an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the soundbar speaker system to respond to your TV's remote.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can be placed on a tabletop or wall-mounted. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. If your TV is wall-mounted, the soundbar can be mounted right beneath it using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (x2) on the rear-panel. The keyhole slots are spaced 32" apart. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 50' from soundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
Omni Series: The Omni SB1 soundbar speaker system is part of Polk Audio's Omni Collection, a series of wireless products that allow you to control what you want to listen to from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and stream it wirelessly to any room. You can start with one Omni series wireless product and then add more throughout your home or office.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Polk Audio's Omni series collection of wireless speakers employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Definitive Technology, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi soundbar speaker system to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the Polk Omni App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the soundbar speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Polk Omni App: Download the free Polk Omni App onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Omni soundbar speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your Omni and DTS Play-Fi speakers. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Omni series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Polk Audio's Omni series soundbar speaker system supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the Polk Audio Omni speaker system through the free Polk Omni app.
- Online Music Services: From the free Polk Omni app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio. Note: While the Polk Omni app is free, not all the online music services are.
- Computer Audio: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the free Polk Omni app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked