About the Polk Audio Blackstone™ TL250
Make every movie night way more exciting with Polk's TL250 five-speaker system. These speakers use some advanced technologies to create incredibly lifelike sound that draws you into your on-screen entertainment. The four Blackstone satellite speakers and the Blackstone center channel speaker produce effortless sound with startling dynamics, especially given their small size. Just add the Polk powered subwoofer of your choice to get deep, room-shaking bass. You can even upgrade to a seven-channel home theater when you add an extra pair of satellite speakers to the mix.
Advanced technology produces effortlessly natural sound
Polk's latest breakthrough is "Time Lens" technology, which aligns the drivers in such a way that high- and low-frequency sounds all reach your ears at the same time. It improves the speakers' soundstaging and imaging, so that you'll start to forget you're watching a movie and really feel like you're part of the action. This technology makes this system great for video games, too, because you'll be able to clearly pinpoint where sounds are coming from all around you, like monster roars or enemy gunfire.
Polk's enclosure design puts performance first
The satellite and center channel speakers also use an "acoustic lens" in their grilles to disperse sound waves in a way that makes your music and movie soundtracks sound larger and more open. They feature Polk's acclaimed PowerPort® technology to help reinforce lower bass output. Plus, each sturdy cabinets are reinforced with steel plates to help fight resonances that can muddy the sound.
- includes four compact satellite speakers and a center channel speaker
- Time Lens technology aligns the drivers for better soundstaging and imaging
- frequency response: 125-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- handles up to 125 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB (satellites); 91 dB (center channel)
- impedance: 8 ohms
- satellites each contain a 3/4" silk dome tweeter and a 3-1/4" Dynamic Balance mid/woofer
- center channel contains a 3/4" silk dome tweeter and dual 3-1/4" Dynamic Balance mid/woofers
- PowerPort® technology for better bass response
- steel-plate reinforced cabinets fight internal resonances
- curved enclosures with high-gloss finish
- threaded insert for use with optional speaker stands or brackets
- satellites include keyhole slots for easy wall-mounting
- satellite speakers: 4-1/8"W x 7-1/16"H x 5"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 16-5/8"W x 4-1/4"H x 3-13/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM9925-A
What's in the box:
- 4 Gloss-black satellite two-way loudspeakers
- Gloss-black center-channel loudspeaker
- 5 Detachable black cloth grilles (attached)
- System Diagram/Warranty sheet
- Online Product Registration card
- Polk Audio Product Brochure
More details on the Polk Audio Blackstone™ TL250
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||5|
|Midrange size (inches)||---|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-125|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||7-1/16H x 4-1/8W x 5D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-1/4H x 16-5/8W x 3-13/16D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||7-1/16H x 4-1/8W x 5D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Polk Audio Black Stone TL250 Five Speaker System: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL250 is a 5-speaker surround-sound system. The Polk Audio Black Stone TL250 five-pack includes four matching Black Stone TL2 satellite speakers and a Black Stone TL2 horizontal center-channel speaker. The Polk Audio Black Stone TL series speakers (TL2) feature new innovations specifically designed to enhance compact speaker performance. The Black Stone TL2 series speakers features a two-way loudspeaker design and a bass-reflex enclosure. The TL2 series speakers are equipped with 5-way binding posts and offer various mounting options.
Note: The Black Stone TL250 has an overall system frequency response of 120 to 20,000 Hz and will require a powered subwoofer (107PSW111, sold separately) for full-range sound. You can also connect additional TL2 series speakers (107TL2B or 107TL2W) for 6.1 and 7.1 channel home theater configurations.
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology: Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
Time Lens Technology: The sophisticated laser alignment of the "acoustic center" of the Blackstone TL2 tweeters with their accompanying drivers results in far superior imaging. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-range woofer are aligned, creating a crisp accurate soundstage. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging, while the acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter's frequency response.
3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 series speakers utilize a 3/4" silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging, and smooth response that's never tiring.
3-1/4" Composite Injection Molded Woofer: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 series speakers employ 3-1/4" composite injected molded cone woofers with Dynamic Balance driver technology (Polk's patented transducer design process) that produces a flat frequency response, with sharp detail, transparency, and the ability to play loud without strain. Each satellite speaker features one 3-1/4" woofer. The center-channel speaker features two 3-1/4" woofers.
Frequency Response: The system's overall frequency response is 90-24,000Hz, and the -3dB frequency response is 120-20,000Hz.
Enclosure Type: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 series speakers feature a non-resonant composite enclosure with time-aligned geometry, and PowerPort technology.
Curved Enclosure Design: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 speakers employ non-parallel surfaces that not only lead to a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but they also result in less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
Steel Reinforced: Extra-rigid steel plates reinforce the curved enclosures of the TL2 series speakers, resulting in acoustically inert enclosures free from internal resonances and any audible coloration, for more lifelike audio detail.
Integrated Acoustic Lens: An innovative acoustic lens incorporated into the grille produces a high frequency response so smooth that it delivers a balanced, realistic performance. An acoustic lens is molded into the back of the speaker grille and helps create imaging frequency balance previously impossible in small high-performance satellite speakers.
PowerPort: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 series speakers utilize Polk Audio's patented bass venting technology, for added midbass response and increased efficiency. PowerPort technology decreases port turbulence and virtually eliminates "port noise," for a massive 3dB boost in bass response.
High-Gloss Finish: The Polk Audio TL2 series speakers feature a durable, deep automotive-strength high-gloss black finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL2 series speakers are equipped with one pair of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of speaker cables and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (18-12 AGW).
Rubber Feet: The Polk Audio TL2 speakers feature integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speakers on a stand or shelf securely.
Wall Mountable: The Black Stone TL2 satellite speakers and center-channel speaker are wall mountable.
- Satellite Speakers: The TL2 satellite speakers feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speakers without any additional wall-mount brackets (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker for mounting the speakers to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).
- Center-Channel Speaker: The TL2 center-channel speaker features dual single keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the center-channel speaker for mounting the speaker to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked