About the Infinity Kappa 60csx
The legend continues...
The legend continues...
Infinity's reputation is legendary, but their Kappa Series car speakers don't rest on those laurels. Designed and built for audiophile tastes, this Kappa 60csx 6-/2" component speaker system benefits from a refined design, Infinity's proprietary technology, and premium materials to deliver uncompromised audio quality.
Edge-driven dome tweeters
Infinity employs an edge-driven design in their soft dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume. Prepare for a more clearly defined soundstage and marvel as your music seems to come alive across your dash.
Woofers enhanced with Plus One+ technology
Bring on the bass. Kappa's glass fiber woofer will hold its shape when the power's cranked up, so you still get punchy and defined bass. Glass fiber weighs less than traditional materials, so you don't need a ton of power to drive this woofer either. Infinity's Plus One+ woofer technology extends the cone right up to the edge of the basket, giving you lots of surface area — and a bigger cone means more bass to complement the superior high-frequency response.
Infinity holds their external crossovers to the same standards as the rest of this speaker system. Premium components shape the distinctive Kappa sound and bring out all the details that make your music sound real.
These crossovers will easily accommodate an upgrade to a 3-way system if you'd like to add Infinity's optional Kappa 20mx 2" midrange drivers.
Awesome power handling, no matter the system
These 2.5-ohm speakers boast ultra-high sensitivity so that you can power them with a factory radio or aftermarket stereo, but we recommend feeding them plenty of power from an outboard amp — up to 100 watts RMS. Either way, these speakers' low impedance safely takes advantage of every watt of power available for exceptional performance. Enjoy Kappa sound quality at any volume. Grilles are included.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6-1/2" Plus One+ glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven, soft dome tweeter
- 2.5-ohm impedance
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAPPA-60CSX
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads with male quick-slides)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Woofer adapter brackets
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-1/2" Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- Eight 1-3/8" Screws
- Eight 1/2" Screws
- Six 1/2" Flat head screws
- Two M4x10mm Machine screws
- 2 Washers
- 16 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed Infinity logo badges
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Template on box
- Installation manual
More details on the Infinity Kappa 60csx
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||45 - 35k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.525|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One woofer cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
High-Output Design: The high output 2.5Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4Ω speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 2.5Ω load.
Woofer Mounting Applications: These speakers are marketed as 6-1/2"; the woofers will fit in standard 6-1/2" speaker openings (approximately 5" diameter), but do not use the standard 6-1/2" speaker bolt pattern. In order to install them in standard 6-1/2" speaker openings you must drill new screw holes. If new holes are drilled in the mounting surface of the car, no bracket is needed. If drilling in the car is not an option, the included brackets can be used, which have standard 6-1/2" mounting holes and the Ford non-symmetric four hole pattern. When using the brackets the depth becomes 1.868" and the mounting height becomes 0.755".
Woofer Terminals: The woofers' input terminals are set screws that will accept up to 12 gauge bare wire.
Edge Driven Tweeters: The edge-driven tweeters use textile soft domes. An edge-driven tweeter has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than typical tweeters of the same size, which improves imaging, vocals and musical clarity.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be
surface or flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)|
|Depth||0.372" (screw depth)||0.750"||0.331" (screw depth)||0.601"||1.150"|
Crossovers: Each crossover has a tweeter output level switch; choose between flat and +3dB. They have screw terminal inputs and outputs that will accept gauge bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide.
- Diameter: 4-3/8"
- Height: 1-3/8"
3-Way Upgrade: The system crossovers are gap-selectable, to accommodate a midrange upgrade. The optional 20mx midrange (item number 108K20MX, sold separately) includes band pass crossover to upgrade this two-way system to a three-way system with perfect tonal balance.
The Infinity Kappa 60csx replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked