About the Infinity Primus PR6500cs
Enjoy your music again
Enjoy your music again
Vehicle manufacturers don't put much thought into stock stereo systems, and it shows. Uninspired vocals, muddy cymbals, and flabby bass are dead giveaways that you've got stock speakers. Install a set of Infinity's Primus PR6500cs 6-1/2” component speakers in your car and you'll notice a world of difference. Lifelike vocals, crisp cymbals, and well-defined bass await you, and cruising around town will be more enjoyable as you get pulled into your favorite tunes.
Infinity includes several mounting brackets for the 3/4" textile dome tweeter.
Built with home audio know-how
Infinity used technology from their popular Primus home speakers to design car speakers that offer strong performance without breaking the bank. The separate 3/4" edge-driven, textile dome tweeter broadcasts smooth high frequencies while an oversized, Plus One+ polypropylene woofer creates solid bass. The external crossover makes sure the woofer and tweeter get the right signals for the best possible performance. The speakers' 3-ohm impedance safely draws extra power out of your factory radio, aftermarket stereo, or an external amplifier, so you'll get a little more punch from your system. Grilles are included.
Installation note #1: These Infinity speakers don't use the standard bolt pattern, so you'll have to drill new screw holes to install them in most 6-1/2" speaker openings.
Installation note #2: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" Plus One+ polypropylene woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- 3/4" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (6 dB/octave)
- 3-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- power range: 5-80 watts RMS (320 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PR6500cs
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads with male quick-slides)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-3/8" Self-tapping Allen head screws
- Eight 1" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping flat head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Template on box
- Owner's manual (English/ Portuguese)
More details on the Infinity Primus PR6500cs
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Edge-Driven Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||53 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||320|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.476|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speaker cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
Mounting: Infinity markets these speakers as 6-1/2"; the woofers will fit in standard 6-1/2" speaker openings (approximately 5" diameter), but they do not use the standard 6-1/2" speaker bolt pattern. In order to install them in standard 6-1/2" applications you must drill new screw holes. The woofers are easily installed in many standard 4-hole 6-3/4" applications with no modification.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Mounting System: The
tweeters can be surface or flush mounted:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.5" (screw depth)||0.77"||1.011"||0.5" (screw depth)||0.534"||0.94"|
Crossovers: The 1st order 2-way crossovers' inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.3" wide. There are four mounting holes in each crossover.
- Width: 2.165"
- Height: 0.97"
- Depth: 2.207"
3-ohm Voice Coil: The Primus Series speakers feature 3-ohm voice coils to compensate for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extract every watt from the factory receiver, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4-ohm speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers capable of powering a 2-ohm load.
Power Handling: Although Infinity lists the continuous average RMS power handling as 80 watts, they also list the recommended power range as 5-200 watts RMS. We've opted to list the more conservative 80 watt RMS figure on the specifications page.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
12 questions already asked