About the Infinity Reference REF-9620cx
Invest in component sound
Invest in component sound
With a new component system, you'll hear the details you've been missing in your car's sound system. Infinity's Reference Series REF-9620cx 6"x9" component speaker system offers exceptional clarity, thanks to 3/4" edge-driven textile dome tweeters that bring out all the details in your music without sounding harsh.
Big woofer = big sound
The tough polypropylene woofer with its durable hi-roll rubber surround delivers surprisingly strong performance. Each Plus One+ woofer sports a significantly larger cone than speakers of similar size, adding plenty of punch to the speaker's smooth and accurate highs.
Perfect for any power supply
You can power these speakers with up to 125 watts of RMS power — they'll work well with an external amplifier, but they're also a good match for a factory radio or aftermarket stereo. Plus, these 3-ohm speakers combine with the speaker wire in your vehicle so your car stereo sees actual 4-ohm impedance, so you get a little more volume out of your system.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6"x9" Plus One+ polypropylene woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- 3/4" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 3-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- tweeter adjustment circuits (0, +3 dB)
- handles up to 125 watts RMS (375 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 46-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer mounting depth: 3-1/16
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REF-9620cx
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Woofer bottom mount rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeter flush-mount housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Tweeter surface-mount housings
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-3/8" Screws
- Eight 1-1/8" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Six 5/8" Flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- 2 Infinity logos
- Instruction manual
- Template on box
More details on the Infinity Reference REF-9620cx
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||46 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||125|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||375|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.38|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a larger cone than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a unique basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Material: Each tweeter features a 3/4" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount: The tweeters can be surface-
or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||screw depth||0.820"||0.930"||screw depth||0.471"||0.571"|
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each 2-way crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference; the tweeter level can be set to +3 dB or 0 dB.
Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.31" wide. There are four mounting holes in each crossover.
- Width: 4"
- Height: 1-1/8"
- Depth: 3-1/4" (plus wire)
High-Output Design: The 3Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring, extracting more power from factory (or aftermarket) receivers. This results in clearer, richer sound for the listener.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?