About the Kenwood DDX376BT
Touchscreen media controller
Touchscreen media controller
Looking for a stereo that looks great in the dash and is simple to operate? Kenwood's DDX376BT DVD receiver offers a 6.2" touchscreen display so you can easily see what's playing. For a wide range of vehicles, it'll also show off engine data and other vehicle information when used with iDatalink's Maestro interface (not included). You can pair up a couple of smartphones wirelessly using Bluetooth®, as well as enjoy all kinds of Internet, satellite, and terrestrial radio. Its multipurpose USB port can charge your devices and let you play your digital music library. We have a lot of customers who want a volume knob, so guess what — this stereo has an illuminated one, so crank it up!
Lots of music choices
The DDX376BT lets you enjoy your favorite Pandora®, Spotify®, and iHeartRadio® Internet Radio stations from your iPhone® or from your Android™. Connect an optional tuner and subscribe to satellite radio, and you can enjoy the huge variety of cool programming that SiriusXM has to offer. If you've got your music library on a portable music player, you can connect it to the receiver's rear aux input. The rear-panel USB port can handle MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, or high-res FLAC music files on a thumb drive, too.
Bluetooth for you and your passengers
Bluetooth gives you a wireless connection for hands-free calling and streaming songs stored on your phone. And if you're not the only driver, this Kenwood enables you to pair two phones simultaneously. And when you're streaming audio, the Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their favorite tunes for a mega driving playlist. Many portable high-res audio players also include Bluetooth, too, so you can stream your music collection on your road trip. You can even control playback and set up this receiver's robust tone controls using Kenwood's free Remote app on your phone.
Customize your look and sound
This receiver's variable color illumination lets you match your interior lighting or your mood. It also sports a 13-band equalizer that allows you to set up separate tone curves for different audio sources. Combine that with the built-in digital time alignment processor, and you can put yourself right in the engineer's seat. Don't let road noise get you down — this receiver's Drive EQ mode also boosts certain frequencies that help overcome it. Three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs ensure you'll get an ultra-clear signal for amplifiers you can add to your system.
You can watch video when your parking brake is engaged, as well as send video to additional monitors in your vehicle.
It's got video too
Besides all the great audio options, the DDX376BT also provides handy video options like a backup camera input that includes onscreen parking guide lines. If you've got a restless backseat crew, you can feed them some video by connecting additional monitors to this receiver's video output. You can watch the videos on this Kenwood's display when your vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DDX376BT offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.2" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- electronic angle adjustment for better off-axis viewing (screen does not actually move)
- variable-color button illumination
- illuminated volume knob
- plays USB drives loaded with high-res FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming playback and control from up to five paired smartphones
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote app
- supports Android music playback using the Kenwood Music Play app
- built-in iPhone and Android control using USB port (See Details tab for model compatibility)
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- subwoofer level controls with high- and low-pass filters
- Drive EQ: hear your music over road noise
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- optional wireless remote
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer), composite video output
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX376BT
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ built-in 6.2" monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono-minijack connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
More details on the Kenwood DDX376BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (96kHz)|
- Hand Mode: The Kenwood DDX376BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1-7.1.2) to the DDX376BT's rear-panel USB port and listen to stored music and music apps from your Android device through the Kenwood head unit. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; only "Hand Mode" will show up on the touchscreen display. You'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's screen. You'll also still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- Browse Mode (via Kenwood Music Play App): Downloading the Kenwood Music Play app onto your Android (OS 4.1-7.1.2) smartphone with AOA 2.0 support not only allows you to listen to stored music from your Android device through the Kenwood DVD receiver connected via USB, but it also lets you browse your Android smartphone's music library from the head unit's touchscreen controls. You can browse your store music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, or Genre (the music files in these categories can be searched alphabetically or numerically). You can also control Play/Pause and Previous/Next track from the head unit. In addition, the head unit will display song/artist information. You can exit the Kenwood Music Play app to access other functions and applications of your Android smartphone, while your stored music library is still playing through your head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
iPhone Direct Connect: The Kenwood DDX376BT supports direct connection of your Lightning iPod/iPhone or iPhone 4S with 30-pin connector. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Kenwood's KCA-iP103 cable (sold separately) or other Apple certified Lighting-to-USB cable to connect your Apple Lightning device to the Kenwood DDX376BT for audio playback only. If you own an older iPhone 4S with the 30-pin dock connector, you can simply use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPhone 4S. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device or 30-pin iPhone 4S through the Kenwood DVD receiver. Video playback is not supported.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The DDX376BT will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DDX376BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/12/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Remote App||Spotify||iHeart||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad or Android tablets. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Android & iPhone Note: Using the DDX376BT's touchscreen menu, you will need to indicate what type of device (Android or iPhone) you are connecting to the receiver and how it will be connected (USB or Bluetooth).
Bluetooth 3.0 The Kenwood DDX376BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 3.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.2 (Phone Book Access Profile), GAP (Generic Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DDX376BT. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones
SSP & USB Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DDX376BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Music Mix: The new Music Mix feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the Kenwood receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While "BT Audio" source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood DDX376BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DDX376BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (within 5 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DDX376BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Enter Phone #: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 31 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DDX376BT. You can then use the head unit's touchscreen to dial a contact from the downloaded phone book. You can search the phone book alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 10 total).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply press the voice control button on the head unit's front-panel and speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DDX376BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DDX376BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood DDX376BT for playback.
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the DDX376BT offers support of AAC codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple devices. By supporting AAC, the DDX376BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DDX376BT lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Kenwood DDX376BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE/TEL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DDX376BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood DDX376BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone & Android): You can access Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio online music services on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone through the Kenwood DDX376BT receiver. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Pandora: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the DDX376BT using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. The Kenwood DDX376BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically, or shuffle playback stations in your list. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also select stations from a Genre list. In addition, you can skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- Spotify: The DDX376BT has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen & front-panel controls. You can even create your stations by entering a track, artist, or playlist. You also get song/artist information on the unit's LCD touchscreen. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
- iHeartRadio Auto: The free iHeartRadio Auto app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood DDX376BT using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The DDX376BT will provide control over the iHeartRadio Auto app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DDX376BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- SmartFavorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio station presets can be saved. Presets (P1-P5) of the current band are
recognized as SmartFavorites and offer advanced features like Instant
Replay, TuneStart, & TuneScan.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite preset channel on the current band.
- TuneScan: TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel. You can also rewind and replay up to 30 minutes of any missed content from a SmartFavorite preset on the currently tuned band.
- Content Alert: The unit will inform you when receiving the content you are interested in (such as music, sports, weather, or traffic). You can register your favorite artists, songs, or teams (up to 50 can be registered).
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DDX376BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets (18FM/6AM) you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling. Mono mode reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
- RDS (Radio Data System): RDS (Radio Data System) is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency.
- Emergency Alerts: RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm).
- Traffic Information: There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
Disc Compatibility: The Kenwood DDX376BT has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The DDX376BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, & CD-R/RW discs. The head unit supports a variety of music, video, and photo files via CD and DVD.
- Off Insert: A disc can be inserted even the unit is turned off, as long as your vehicle's key is in the start or accessory position. However, the unit does not automatically power up and start playback when a disc is inserted
- Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
Note: There is no physical front-panel eject button. The eject button is an icon on the touchscreen, which means the unit must be powered on to eject a disc. Pressing the unit's front-panel "Menu" button will bring up the "Eject" icon on the touchscreen to eject a disc.
USB MSC Playback: The DDX376BT features a rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable. The USB port enables connection of USB mass storage class (MSC) devices - like USB thumbdrives and portable digital music players. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback, control, and metadata display of a variety of music, video, and photo files. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: Not compatible with USB hubs or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DDX376BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 8-96kHz
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 1232x672 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC/WAV-tags, & Album Art|
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood DDX376BT will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files recorded on a disc or stored on a USB MSC device.
Playback Screen: During DVD or USB video playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen displays the video control menu, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX376BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with a Signal to Noise ratio up to 99dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX376BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX376BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DDX376BT features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0 volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10 dB).
Vehicle Setup: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can identify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off
- Speaker Size: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Rear Speaker Location: You can indicate the location of your vehicle's Rear speakers. Choose from Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row, or 3rd Row.
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: The receiver offers independent high pass filters for tweeters, front speakers, and rear speakers; as well as a low pass crossover for the unit's sub out.
- Tweeter: set high pass filter (HPF)
for your tweeters
- Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Front & Rear: independently set high pass filter (HPF)
for your front & rear speakers
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: set low pass filter (LPF)
for unit sub out
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: The Kenwood DDX376BT offers 8 EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a 13-band EQ for customized tuning, and a Drive EQ mode to overcome road noise. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency's gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB, while the Q-factor can be adjusted to 1.35, 1.5, or 2.0
- Drive EQ: The Drive EQ mode helps you hear your music over road noise. It boosts certain frequency ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise.
Music Enhancements: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the soundscape.
- Sound Realizer: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Realizer feature boosts low frequencies which can be lost during compression. Set to Level 1, Level 1, Level 3, or Off.
- Supreme: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Space Enhancer & Stage EQ: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level. You can also virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers; the Stage EQ can be set to High, Middle, Low, or Off.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The DVD receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DDX376BT also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
- Bass Boost & DC Extension: The DDX376BT features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies. When "Bass DC Extension is turned on, frequencies lower than 6.25 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 13-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The Kenwood DDX376BT DVD receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel minijack (3.5mm) audio/video input to connect external AV sources, such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (113CMOS230, sold separately). By connecting a rear view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen LCD to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a rear-view camera is connected and you are viewing a rear view image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines and two vertical guidelines.
- Rear-View Auto Switching: The video from the rear-view camera connection can be set to display when the receiver is switched to this input manually or automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, AV-input, or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Maestro RR Compatible: The Kenwood DDX376BT is compatible with iDatalink's Maestro RR (sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood receiver to work in a variety pf vehicles and retain important factory features, while also adding extra features. The iDatalink Maestro RR retains many of today's most popular factory infotainment & telematics systems such as Ford SYNC, U-Connect, and OnStar. When connected to the iDatalink Maestro RR, the DDX376BT provides seamless integration of select factory equipped features such as steering wheel controls, satellite radio, USB media player, and Bluetooth hands-free/music streaming. Vehicle information such as HVAC, check engine codes, battery voltage, TPMS, and other performance gauges can also be displayed on the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. *Retained factory features and available extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need an iDatalink vehicle specific harness (sold separately).
6.2" Clear Resistive Touchscreen: The Kenwood DDX376BT features a 6.2" widescreen (16:9) clear resistive touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The clear resistive touchscreen LCD provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with easy-to-identify icons, making menu navigation easy.
- Screen Adjustment: You can adjust the touchscreen display's brightness and black levels for better visibility. During video playback you can adjust brightness, contrast, black, color, tint, and sharpness levels.
- Background Image: You can choose between nine preset background images or download your own JPEG still image (800 x 480) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Home Customize: In addition to the Main Menu screen, there is a Home screen which allows you to customize and arrange your top six sources for easier access.
- Viewing Angle: You can select your viewing angle (0°, 5°, 10°, 15°, or 20°) in relation to the monitor to make the image on the screen easier to see. The actual screen does not move.
Note: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary knob along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Aqua, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit's display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle's light switch is turned On, if you have the unit's orange/white "Illumination" wire connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Clock Display: The DVD receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the Power/Home button turns the unit off completely.
Remote App (for Apple iOS): The Kenwood Remote App (for Apple iOS 8.0+) operates the Kenwood receiver like a wireless remote control from your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS device. The Kenwood Remote App provides traditional touchscreen control, as well as directional and freeform gesture control from your compatible mobile device.
- Source Selection: The Kenwood Remote App provides list of the receiver's built-in sources and connected sources (CD, Aux, AM/FM, USB, Bluetooth); so you can select which source you want to listen to from the app on your mobile device.
- Playback Control: The application lets you control CD, USB, and Bluetooth audio playback. You have control of Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. From the app you can also select AM/FM bands, select preset stations, and seek AM/FM stations.
- Display Information: The app also displays source information such as station number, track number & playback time, as well as song/artist/album information (when applicable)
- Audio Settings: From the application on your mobile device, you can adjust the receiver's volume up or down. In addition, audio settings such as EQ, Crossover, DTA, and other audio adjustments can be easily set using the Kenwood Remote application.
- When using the Kenwood Remote App with your compatible Apple iOS device, the application and device must be connected to the receiver via Bluetooth (not USB) for playback of Bluetooth audio. For playback of a USB-direct connection from an Apple iOS device, the device and application must be connected to the head unit via USB (not Bluetooth).
- The Remote App is no longer compatible with any model Android OS device (as of 1/1/2019).
Remote Control: The Kenwood DDX376BT offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood DVD head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
The Kenwood DDX376BT replaces these items
- 6.2" Clear Resistive touchscreen with variable colour button illumination
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
22 questions already asked