About the Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR
Combine navigation with a big "floating" display
Combine navigation with a big "floating" display
The Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR navigation receiver brings Garmin's superb reputation for helpful navigation to a magnificent 10.1" touchscreen display. While the display is big, Kenwood housed its "guts" within the size of a double-DIN (4" tall) chassis and included many adjustment options, which means it'll fit in many vehicles. You can easily see all the info from the latest smartphone interfaces such as Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay®, and Android Auto®. You can also customize the display to show what you use the most, such as the weather, tone controls, a compass, camera displays, and of course, a clock. It even has a multi-function volume knob for quick adjustments. Kenwood also backs up this Excelon receiver with a 2-year warranty.
It's easy to see why this Kenwood receiver would be a great copilot.
Garmin guidance with 3 years of updates
The DNR1007XR boasts Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns, lane assistance, and realistic views of complicated intersections. 3D terrain views give you the lay of the land for even more assurance. You also get three years of free map updates from Garmin, so you're sure to stay current as roads and destinations change down the line — these updates are only available via the Garmin Express app suite for PCs. This Kenwood's widgets work with the Garmin navigation system too, so you can still see your music, weather, and caller info while getting directions.
Set the display your way
This receiver's big screen shows off crisp, detailed video for both digital video media and from up to four cameras you can connect — you can also adjust its layout so it looks (and works) the way you like. Movable widgets let you bring the important stuff to the forefront, such as music sources, navigation, and weather. You can even tweak your music quickly within a tone control widget. This Kenwood also includes an INRIX weather widget with a free 5-year subscription — super handy for long trips. Kenwood's free Portal app lets you transfer photos from your smartphone for slide shows and personal backgrounds for your in-dash media hub.
Handy mounting features
This receiver's chassis fits in most double-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can adjust its vertical mounting height, as well as choose from two depth positions, to free up other vehicle controls and vents in your ride. Once the screen is fixed into the chassis, you can also manually tilt the display forward and back to compensate for angled dashes and glare.
Getting your phone involved
Using this Kenwood's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.) In addition, the DNR1007XR offers wireless or wired screen mirroring for select Android phones, which lets you select apps directly from the Kenwood touchscreen.
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
All kinds of media for your drive
The DNR1007XR will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive, including WAV, FLAC, and DSD files. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more internet-based music, talk radio, and podcast apps for you, as well. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away or use cell data, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. You can stay in tune locally as well and enjoy crystal-clear audio from participating stations with this Kenwood's built-in HD Radio® tuner. If you're into simply streaming music from your phone, this receiver also includes LDAC, which means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth with select Android phones.
Built for sound quality and system expansion
For those who like total control over their sound, the big display and widgets help there, too. Kenwood included a 13-band parametric equalizer, digital time alignment, and bass/subwoofer controls that can be part of your home screen for quick adjustments on the fly. If you're planning on adding multiple amplifiers to the system, the DMX1057XR also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal, as well as a 3-way crossover network you can run directly from the massive touchscreen display. And because this receiver is part of Kenwood's Excelon line, it's also constructed with tuned audiophile-grade components to get the best sound possible from your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DNR1007XR offers compatibility in a growing number of newer vehicles, thanks to iDatalink's Maestro modules (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, the Maestro ADS-MRR module let you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. iDatalink also now offers the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module, which adds features like programmable outputs for add-on accessory items, such as lighting and winch accessories, as well as built-in Bluetooth for future wireless software updates for the module. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the compatible iDatalink ADS-MRR modules offered on the way to the Shopping Cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with navigation
- 10.1" HD capacitive touchscreen display
- AAS display technology for wider viewing angle
- bonded optical display for less glare
- before final installation, depth and height of the display can be adjusted to provide dash vent and control access
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and widget controls
- ambient lighting and multi-function volume knob controls
- plays high-res FLAC, WAV, and DSD files on USB drives
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- included INRIX weather app with free 5-year subscription
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth built-in for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
- 3 years of free map updates
- 3D terrain view and Photo-Real junction view
- compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- wireless (Miracast) and wired (HDMI) mirroring for Android
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band parametric equalizer with digital time alignment
- Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- subwoofer level, phase, and 3-way crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- direct connection and control with Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam
- inputs: rear USB input, HDMI input, rear A/V input (mini), SD card input (for Garmin software), four camera inputs (including 2 high-def inputs and DRV-N520 input)
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDataLink Maestro modules
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- K40/Escort radar detector-ready
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DNR1007XR
What's in the box:
- 10.1" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 39" USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Large plastic bracket
- 2 Small plastic brackets
- 2 Metal brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 6 Hex-head screws
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "CAUTION" note
- Warranty Card
More details on the Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Composite+Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||7.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV,DSD|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||Y|
Floating Display Design
Touchscreen & Remote Control
Android & iPhone Integration
Audio & DSP Section
Floating Display Design
Two-Piece Configuration The Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR navigation receiver features a two-piece floating display configuration with an external 10.1" capacitive touchscreen monitor and a separate Double-DIN (4") source unit. Separating the large touchscreen monitor from the chassis allows the DNR1007XR to be installed in a standard Double-DIN (4") dash opening. The Double-DIN (4") source units mounts in the dash and the 10.1" touchscreen monitor attaches to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated connector (dash kit, wiring harness, interface module, adapters are required and sold separately).
Note: The Kenwood DNR1007XR will not fit in some vehicles with a Double-DIN opening due to its large 10.1" touchscreen monitor interferring with your vehicle's factory equipment on the dash.
Floating Touchscreen Monitor: Depending on your vehicle's factory radio location and the location of other factory equipment, you may need to adjust the mounting position of the touchscreen monitor in order to prevent impairment of vehicle driving operations. The floating touchscreen monitor offers depth, height, and tilt adjustments to ensure the best fit and usability in your vehicle's dash. The touchscreen monitor measures 10.3125" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 3.125" (d) - including integrated connector and mounting bracket.
- Depth Adjustment: The depth adjustment lets you move the floating monitor forward or backward 0.8125", allowing more or less space between the monitor and your vehicle's dash kit and dash for a better fit.
- Height Adjustment: The floating monitor can be adjusted up or down 1.5625" to prevent interference with climate controls, vents, and other factory equipment on your vehicle's dash for better fit and operation..
- Tilt Adjustment: You can adjust the angle of floating monitor for better usability and visibility. In addition to its vertical 90 degree angle (default), the monitor can be tilted -10 degrees backward or +45 degrees forward.
- The depth, height, and tilt adjustments are all done manually (not electronically).
- The depth and height adjustments must be made prior to final installation and cannot be done during operation.
- See the included Installation Manual for specific dimensions at each depth, height, and tilt setting.
Double-DIN Source Unit: The included source unit fits in a standard 4" Double-DIN opening (applicable kit, harness, etc. will be required and sold separately for your vehicle). Once the source unit is mounted in the dash, the 10.1" touchscreen monitor attaches and connects to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated proprietary connector. All of the Kenwood DNR1007XR''s inputs and outputs are found on the rear-panel of the source unit (except for the SD-card slot which is located on the front-panel of the source unit).
including wiring harness, GPS antenna, Bluetooth mic, and USB extension cable connections
- Width: 7.005"
- Height: 3.945"
- Depth: 6.735" (w/o preout connections), 6.785" (w/ preout connections)
- Nose: including integrated connector and mounting bracket
- Width: 6.675"
- Height: 3.805"
- Depth: 1.125"
Note: The Kenwood DNR1007XR mounts in a Double-DIN (4") opening using the your vehicle's factory brackets or the brackets included with your dash kit (sold separately). The DNR1007XR does not mount in a dash using a sleeve or cage.
10.1" Touchscreen Monitor: The Kenwood DNR1007XR features an all-new electrostatic capacitive touch panel and high-definition LCD panel with high luminance white LED backlighting that delivers vivid color, high-contrast, and crisp detail, as well as highly responsive touch operation. This 10.1" widescreen (16:9) electrostatic capacitive touchscreen LCD panel has a high resolution of 1280 (H) x 720 (V) x RGB with 2,764,800 total pixels, a 170° high viewing angle, 600cd/m high brightness, and 900:1 high contrast ratio. The 10.1" touchscreen monitor provides room for more information that is large and easy to see with just a glance.
- Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA): Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA) is added between the touch screen and the LCD to eliminate the air layer and suppress light reflection and glare; this design enhances the contrast and brightness and maintains the visibility of the display in various environments
- Azimuthal Anchoring Switch (AAS): The AAS (Azimuthal Anchoring Switch) display technology of the LCD panel assures you a wider viewing angle of 170° for both horizontal and vertical directions. Together with the protective film which minimizes reflection and glare from sunlight, you can enjoy clear images even from the passenger or back seats.
- Capacitive Touchscreen Controls: The capacitive touchscreen is highly responsive. Touchscreen operations include tap, touch & hold, flick left or right, and swipe up or down - very simliliar to your smartphone or tablet device.
- To prevent the display of video from USB, SD card, Mirroring, and the AV-input while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
- While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as the built-in Navigation, CarPlay, and Android Auto.
Display Features: The Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR offers several unique display features, settings, enhancements, and adjustments.
- Widget Screens: The unit's home screen is composed of a Driving Widget as well as a Source Control Widget overlaid on the background. You can move the Driving Widget from side to side or enlarge the Source Control Widget to optimize the screen for your intuitive operation. The Driving Widget allows selection of a clock, compass, or equalizer setting, etc., while the background allows selection of album art, audio visualizer, or photo.
- Custom Home Screen & Shortcuts: You can customize the head unit's Home Screen by rearranging the icons and moving the icons of the twelve sources you use most to the first page of the Home Screen. Four programmable shortcut source keys offer a quick jump to your favorite sources from almost any screen.
- Background Color & Wallpapers: You can choose between nine preset background colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White. You can also choose to link the displays color with the unit's front-panel variable color illumination that you set. In addition, there are seven preset background images (wallpapers) or you can download your own still image using the Kenwood Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) and use it as your wallpaper bakcground.
Dual Core Processor: The Kenwood navigation receiver utilizes a Linux based system and dual core processor for faster operating speeds and enhanced stability. The unit has start-up time of approximately 20.7 seconds from OFF to the last source selected or navigation map screen.
Split Screen AV Control: The Split Screen AV Control mode divides the head unit's touchscreen monitor into two screens, with navigation on the left and a source or widget window on the right. With this Picture-in-Picture type function, the head unit can now display the navigation map screen, as well as song/artist information (including album art) and basic playback controls simultaneously - including CarPlay & Android Auto. You can also view the backup camera display along with the map screen. You can even display the navigation map screen and AV-IN video simultaneously with the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a 3-way rotary control knob along the bottom edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination, as well as display background color from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit's display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle's light switch is turned On, if you have the unit's orange/white "Illumination" wire connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Clock & Date: The navigation receiver offers a 12-hour clock & day/month/year display. The clock is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or run position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the Power/Home button turns the unit off completely.
Remote Control: The Kenwood DNR1007XR offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience. Kenwood also offers a remote application which allows you to control the receiver from your smartphone device, and another application that allows you transfer phootos from your compatible smartphone device the Kenwood receiver..
- Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional IR Remote: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood receiver. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
- Remote S App: The Kenwood Remote S (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is an application that will connect and control the in-dash receiver from your compatible Apple or Android device via Bluetooth, like a wireless remote control. You can select source input, as well as command basic playback controls such as Play/Pause or Previous/Next Track from the touchscreen of your compatible smartphone. This application can also display the receiver's source and song/artist information on the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Kenwood Portal App: The Kenwood Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) lets you transfer postos from your compatible smarthphone device to the Kenwood receiver via Bluetooth or USB. You'll also be able to create a slideshow and a customized wallpaper for the receiver.
Garmin Navigation: With built-in Garmin & HERE navigation software and map data, the Kenwood DNR1007XR features on-screen maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico. The built-in maps include over 6-million Points of Interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, attractions, parking, airports, ATMs, and more. The built-in navigation software provides you with calculated on-screen routes and audible directions to follow in order to reach your destination safely.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2019), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates with 3 Year Map Care: The Kenwood navigation receiver comes with a 3 Year Map Care plan which provides free Garmin map updates for the first 3 years (fees will apply after those 3 years). Garmin map updates are done via the Garmin Express Portal on your Windows or Mac computer and installed on the Kenwood receiver via SD card (4-32GB).
- Windows Requirements:
- Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 (included)
- 1024 x 768 display, USB port and 1 GB RAM
- High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
- May require up to 20 GB free disk space
- Mac Requirements:
- OS X 10.11 or newer
- 1440 x 900 display, USB port and 1 GB RAM
- High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
- May require up to 20 GB free disk space
Note: The SD card must remain installed in the navigation receiver in order for the new map data to be accessible; it is not copied over to the receiver's internal memory. This means that if you want to update the maps, you effectively lose the use of the SD card slot as a media playback option.
GPS/GLONASS Receiver & Antenna: The Kenwood DNR1007XR employs GPS (Global Positioning System) and GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) that work alongside one another to provide fast and accurate position information. With an additional 24 satellites to utilize, GLONASS can acquire satellites up to 20% faster than GPS alone. The high-sensitivity GPS receiver that is forgiving of less than optimal antenna placement, giving you additional placement options. The included GPS antenna features a self-adhesive base and an attached 11.5' cable which plugs into the back of the head unit. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle on the dash. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.4375" (d). The self-adhesive pad measures 2.625" square.
- Acquisition Time: 26 seconds (cold)
- Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
- Accuracy: <2.0 meters continuous (Position), 0.05 meter/sec (Velocity)
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 7.1 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Los Angeles, California. It only took 5.3 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside Crutchfield Headquaters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
INRIX Traffic:You can receive INRIX traffic information and weather forecast through the Kenwood DNR1007XR by connecting your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone with "Kenwood's Traffic Powered By INRIX" application (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) installed. While the DNR1007XR is in navigation mode, it pulls real-time data from the INRIX Traffic app on your smartphone which provides you with up-to-the-minute traffic, weather, parking, traffic cameras, and travel advisory information on-screen. You get 5 years free access to INRIX traffic information (fees will apply after that). Your iPhone must be connected via USB, while your Android smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Kenwood navigation receiver.
- Traffic: By automatically learning a user's driving habits, INRIX Traffic personalizes routes to avoid the worst traffic, recommends trips and departure times, and provides automatic, intelligent alerts to keep users aware of changing road conditions. INRIX even provides real-time images from traffic cameras along major roadways to supplement the traffic information.
- Weather: INRIX provides local area current temperatures, forecasted weather conditions, and severe weather alerts. It also gives you advance warning of dangerous weather-related road conditions ahead, keeping you safer along your route.
- Parking: INRIX helps you to find detailed parking information, including parking availability in nearby garages and pricing information.
- Fuel: INRIX also helps you find nearby fuel stations and compare fuel prices.
On-Screen Map: The Kenwood DNR1007XR displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns. Your route is marked with a magenta line. A checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the DNR1007XR guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The upper-left corner of the screen indicates the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, your current speed is shown in the lower right corner. The posted speed limit for most major roads is displayed near the lower right corner as well. The unit allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touchscreen during navigation.
- 3D Terrain View: With the Garmin 3D Terrain View, life-like map contours will be displayed at low zoom levels, giving you a realistic perspective of the terrain in available areas. Previously, users were limited to simply displaying the elevation and grade levels as text on a flat map. Now, true perspectives can be achieved in a 3D format. The mapping view will reflect the curves in real time.
- Other Map Settings: You can adjust the amount of detail shown on the map screen. More detail may cause the map to be slower. You can also change the Vehicle icon (arrow, station wagon, sports car, compact car, SUV, jeep, RV, or sled) used to display your position on the map. In addition, you can select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two) for the on-screen map.
Note: In Split-Screen mode, you can view song/artist information (including album art) of your audio source (including CarPlay & Android Auto) while you also viewing the navigation map. You can also display the navigation map and one of the Widget screens at the same time. In addition, the backup camera can be displayed in Split-Screen mode along with the map screen. You can even watch video in Split-Screen mode along with the map when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Text-To-Speech Voice Prompts: The unit's text-to-speech voices "read and speak" the same words that are displayed on the unit's screens. The voices have an extensive vocabulary and they pronounce the street names as you approach turns. Voice prompts can heard from both of your front speakers, only the left front speaker, or only the right front speaker. You can independently adjust the volume (0-40) of the voice prompts without affecting the main volume. The unit offers English, French, and Spanish voice prompts.
Note: You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The DNR1007XR will mute the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Driver Assistance: The DNR1007XR features Lane Assist, Photo-Real Junction View, Exit Services, and Speed Limit Icons to assist you along the calculated route to your destination.
- Lane Assist: Lane Assist guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. The Lane Assist feature can be found in the top left hand corner of the map screen.
- Photo-Real Junction View: This feature of the navigation system realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape.
- Exit Services: The Exit Services function lets you search roadway exits for food, lodging, and rest areas so you are never left guessing what is around the bend. You must be on a major highway or road to use this feature.
- Speed Limit Icon: A speed limit icon may appear as you travel on major roadways. This icon displays the current speed limit of the roadway. The unit's speed limit icon feature is for information only and does not replace the driver's responsibility to abide by all posted speed limit signs and to use safe driving judgment at all times.
Destination & Location Screens: The DNR1007XR offers a variety of destination/location screens & functions to help you along your route.
- Where Am I?: The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also menus to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
- Where To? Screen: The "Where To?" screen provides
several different ways to enter your destination. The navigation system
automatically searches for places near your current location. You can also
choose to have the DNR1007XR search for places in a different city, a recent
destination, a favorite destination, projected destination, or along your
- Browse Map & Go Home: The receiver allows you to search for a destination by touching and dragging the map. You can also store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from any current location.
- Address/Cities/Intersections: Input your destination address by house number, street, city, and zip-code. You can also search for a city by name or search two intersecting streets.
- POI Category + Quick Search: The detailed maps loaded in this navigation system contain locations, such as restaurants, hotels, parking, auto services, and other POIs (points-of-interest). You can use these categories to browse for nearby businesses and attractions. After you have performed a search for a point-of-interest, certain categories may display a Quick Search list that displays the last four destinations you selected.
- Favorites & Recents: You can save all of your favorite places in the navigation system, so you can quickly navigate to them later. You can also choose from one of your most recent destinations (up to 50) or waypoints.
- Search Bar & Shortcuts: You can use the Search Bar to search for locations by entering a category, brand name, address, or city name. In addition, you can add up to 36 shortcuts to the Where to? menu. A shortcut can point to a location, a category, or a search tool.
- Where I've Been/Trip Log: The "Where I've Been" application allows you to view your previous routes and places you have stopped on the map. In addition, the device keeps a Trip Log, which is a record of the path you have traveled. The Travel History setting must be enabled in order for the Where I've Been and Trip Log features to function.
Trends: The DNR1007XR has the ability to recall frequent destinations and historic traffic information to help calculate your route faster.
- myTrends: The myTrends feature senses when you are driving to a common destination and displays the destination and estimated time of travel in the navigation bar on the map. myTrends does not work when you first begin using your navigation system. To effectively use the myTrends feature, your frequent destinations must be marked as favorites, and a regular pattern of driving habits must be established with three days of regular driving usage.
- trafficTrends: When the trafficTrends feature is enabled, the navigation system uses historic traffic information to calculate more efficient routes. Different routes may be calculated based on traffic trends for the day of the week or based on the time of day.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, the fuel price of navigating to your destination, and offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. The first time you access the ecoRoute features, you will be asked to enter fuel and mileage information (Fuel Type, City Fuel MPG, HWY Fuel MPG, Fuel Price) about your vehicle.
- Fuel Economy: If you have entered your vehicle profiles and the current fuel price, the DNR1007XR calculates fuel used, the average fuel economy for your vehicle, your carbon footprint, and the cost of the fuel consumed.
- At The Pump: At your next fill-up, you can enter in fuel price, amount of fuel used, and the distance you traveled to calculate your vehicle's miles-per-gallon (MPG).
- ecoChallenge Tool: The ecoChallenge tool helps you
maximize your fuel economy by scoring your driving habits. The higher your
overall score for a driving challenge, the more fuel you could save. You
overall score is the average of these 3 scores -
- Speed: gain points for driving at the best speed for conserving fuel, which is 45-60mph for most vehicles.
- Acceleration: gain points for gradual acceleration; lose points for rapid acceleration
- Braking: gain points for gradual braking; lose points for hard braking
- Mileage Report: Mileage reports provide the distance, the time, the average fuel economy, and the fuel cost of navigation to a destination. A mileage report (up to 20) is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your navigation system, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled.
Note: The data provide by the ecoRoute feature is only an estimate. The data is not actually read from your vehicle.
Route Preferences/Avoidances: When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences; faster time, shorter distance, less fuel, or off road. You can also program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route; such as U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Auto Reroute/Detour: If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. You can also select a specific area to detour around. The navigation system will attempt to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible, after calculating a detour. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the DNR1007XR might not calculate a detour.
Trip Planner (Multiple Destination Routing): You can create and save a trip with multiple destinations (up to 500 via points) using the Trip Planner. Once you have entered your destinations, you can manually set them in the order of your preference, or allow the device to calculate the most efficient route. Trip itineraries can be saved in memory for future use. You can even add scheduling information to each location in your trip, including the desired arrival time and layover duration at each location.
Trip Computer: The trip information page displays your current speed and direction, and provides helpful statistics about your trip. Dual trip odometers keep up with your total mileage. The page also indicates the distance and driving time to your next maneuver, as well as the distance and driving time to your destination. Your maximum speed and moving average speed are also displayed. The information can be reset in advance of your next trip.
Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving when the vehicle's parking brake is disengaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to enter addresses or other advance navigation functions when you have the unit set to Safe Mode.
GPS Simulator: You can turn the unit's GPS receiver off and simulate travel along a projected route.
Built-In WiFi: The Kenwood DNR1007XR receiver's built-in Dual-Band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is utilized for Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto Wireless, and Wireless Mirroring via Miracast for select Android devices. The built-in WiFi is not designed to be used with WiFi hotspots.
- GPS Antenna: In addition to supporting the built-in navigation, the included GPS antenna must also be installed for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps. The GPS antenna comes with a self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
- Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Android Auto Wireless: The Kenwood DNR1007XR supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Kenwood receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the Kenwood receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Only one Android device with Android Auto can be connected at a time. An Android Auto device and Apple CarPlay device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied. If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone with Lightning Connecter, and is specially designed for driving scenarios. Your iPhone can be connected to the Kenwood DNR1007XR wirelessly or via USB. A wireless connection to your compatible iPhone (iOS 9.0+) can be made using the Kenwood receiver's built-in WiFi (5GHz) and Bluetooth (2.4GHz) - requires both wireless connections. Or, you can choose to connect your compatible iPhone (iOS 7.1+) to the Kenwood receiver via USB. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Compatible iPhone models include 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S, and SE. Only one Apple iPhone with CarPlay can be connected at a time. An Apple CarPlay and Android Auto device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay works best with a vehicle speed pulse connection. You will need either a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse connection or Kenwood's OBD-II Spped Pulse Generation (KNA-SPM100) - both sold separately. Alternatively, you can also hardwire the Kenwood receiver's speed pulse wire to your vehicle's speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
- Wireless Apple CarPlay can be used without connecting the vehicle speed pulse wire by downloading the latest firmware update from Kenwood's website onto a USB thumbdrive and installing it in the Kenwood receiver. Although this software update makes installation easier, location and position accuracy for navigation maps will suffer without the VSS wire hooked up.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Miracast for Android (Wireless Mirroring): Wi-Fi Certified Miracast lets you wirelessly send the display of your compatible Android OS 4.2-up device that also supports Miracast to the receiver's touchscreen monitor. Smartphone manufacturers will refer to the Miracast Wireless Mirroring function differently and use terms such as Wireless Display, Screen Mirroring, AllShare Cast, etc. Miracast Wireless Mirroring allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Android device on the receiver's touchscreen (vehicle's parking brake must be engaged). You'll also be able to use the receiver's touchscreen to control your compatible Android smartphone (some Mircast compatible phones may not support this feature).
- Not all Android OS 4.2-up devices will support Miracast. Future Android OS updates may cause the Miracast feature to not function properly. Click here to check for Miracast compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
- Miracast (wireless mirroring) will require that the vehicle's parking brake be engaged to mirror your smartphone or view any content from your smartphone on the receiver's touchscreen monitor. Only audio content will be heard without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
- If your Android smartphone is locked, wireless mirroring may not function properly.
- The Apple iPhone does not support Miracast or wireless mirroring.
iPod/iPhone Music Playback Only: If you don't desire Apple CarPlay, you can also connect your Lightning-connector Apple iPod/iPhone to the DNR1007XR for music playback & control only using the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lighnting-to-USB cable (sold separately). Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's rear-panel USB port. The Kenwood receiver supports playback of stored music and music apps, along music browsing and playback control, plus song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to
navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library from its front-panel &
touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like
Category Search & Link Search, plus offers basic playback functions like
Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of
your connected iPod/iPhone. You'll also still be able to control your
connected iPod touch or iPhone from its own touchscreen so you can access
other music applications.
- Category Search: Category Search allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, Audiobook, or Radio. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order).
- Link Search: The head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The DNR1007XR will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. The unit will also display song/artist info and album art from select music apps.
Note: Only one Apple Lightning-connector device can be connected at a time.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DNR1007XR is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/1/2020) -
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video (HDMI)||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Remote S||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Smartphone Charging: The Kenwood DNR1007XR will also charge your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. The powerful USB provides max 1.5A of charge for iPhone and Android devices.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Kenwood DNR1007XR is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DNR1007XR. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SSP & Auto Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DNR1007XR without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) or by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. You can pair up to ten Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Music Mix: The new Music Mix feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the Kenwood receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While "BT Audio" source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood DNR1007XR provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DNR1007XR can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (1-30 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DNR1007XR, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the DNR1007XR. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your smartphone supports voice recognition (including Siri and Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DNR1007XR supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood DNR1007XR for playback.
- LDAC: LDAC sends approximately three times more data (at the maximum 990 kbps transfer rate) than conventional Bluetooth audio for superior wireless listening. Unlike other Bluetooth compatible coding technologies, it operates without any down-conversion of the Hi-Res Audio content (excluding DSD and MQA), and allows approximately 3x more data than those other technologies to be transmitted over a Bluetooth wireless network with superior sound quality, by means of efficient coding and optimized packetization. Your Bluetooth device must also support LDAC to enjoy this high-resolution Bluetooth codec. The DNR1007XR also supports SBC for the majority of Bluetooth source devices and AAC for Apple iOS Bluetooth devices.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DNR1007XR lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DNR1007XR includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
HD Radio: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (80dB SNR @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (80 dB SNR @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes + Direct Access Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DNR1007XR to search only HD Radio stations. In addition, you can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Presets: You can store 15 FM presets and 5 AM presets (total of 20). Not only does the navigation receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info/Album Art AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles; as well as Album Art.
- Multicasting & Emergency Alerts: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8). HD Radio also delivers critical and life-saving messages to the public during emergency situations.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DNR1007XR is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Smart Favorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets on the current band are recognized as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel.
- TuneScan: TuneScan plays the first 6 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from your Smart Favorite preset music channels from the current SiriusXM preset band, allowing you to build a custom channel from as few as two to as many as six music channels.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- Alerts: Receive alerts of your favorite song or artist, favorite sports teams, plus traffic and weather.
- Content Alerts: When a broadcast program related to the your favorite artist or song starts, a message appears to allow you to switch to that station.
- Sports Flash: Sports Flash will notify you when a big play happens during a game with one your favorite sports teams. You can choose to tune to that station or continue to listening to the previous channel.
- Traffic & Weather Now: Traffic & Weather Now allows you to access the latest report whenever you want to hear it by city.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone (iOS 8.0+) through the Kenwood DNR1007XR. With a WiFi or cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the Kenwood receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information, along with Album art.
Note: Access to Apple Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
SD Card Slot: The Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR navigation receiver is outfitted with a SD card slot located on the front-panel of the source unit behind the attached floating monitor. You'll need to manually tilt the floating montior down to access the SD card slot. The SD card slot supports both SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. The unit supports playback of a variety of compressed and high-resolution music files, as well as standard and high-definition video files, plus JPEG still image stored on a compatible SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (see chart below).
Note: The SD card slot can also be used for map updates. Because a SD card with map update must remain installed in the receiver, you will lose the media playback option for SD.
USB MSC Playback: The Kenwood DNR1007XR features a rear-panel USB (Type-A) port that is attached to the chassis by a 7" pigtail and comes with a 39" USB extension cable. The USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass storage class (MSC) devices, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DNR1007XR supports the following types of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files loaded onto a SD card or USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC) / SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|File System||FAT 16/32, exFAT, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling
frequency of 16-48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352 x 288;
max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps |
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Photo||JPEG: 5000 x 5000 |
PNG/BMP: 1000 x 1000
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||Unlimited folders/9,999 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
Control Functions: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate the music library on your SD card or USB device from its touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Folder/Track List, Category Search, and Link Search; plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
- Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on SD card or USB device.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. The content within each category will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, an artist list of the currently playing genre, or an album list of currently playing composer.
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood DNR1007XR will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
HDMI Input: The DNR1007XR's HDMI input allows you to display your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone's screen on the receiver's 10.1" monitor. You'll need a compatible Apple or Android HDMI adapter cable (sold separately). You can also connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player or TV tuner with an automotive-grade HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI input supports up to 720p video and 24-bit/192kHz 2ch PCM audio. The HDMI's cable connector must be no larger than 0.8125" (w) x 0.375" (h) to fit into the recessed opening.
- Supported Video Resolution: VGA (640x480p @ 60Hz), 480p (720x480p @ 60Hz), and 720p (1280x720p @ 60Hz).
- Supported Audio Formats: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.2, and 192 kHz; 16/20/24-bit Linear 2ch PCM
- The HDMI input does not support 1080p or 4K video.
- The HDMI input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel surround formats.
- The HDMI input does not offer playback control.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Excelon Reference (XR) Series: The DNR1007XR navigation receiver is part of Kenwood's Excelon Reference (XR) series line-up. It incorporates the latest technologies and delivers the highest sonic performance. To ensure the best possible sound quality, the receiver uses custom-made and carefully selected parts; such as audio quality power supply capacitors, high quality coupling capacitors, gold-plated 5V pre-outs, and cross-shaped panel structures. These parts are further optimized through meticulous tuning of the component values and circuit paths. Kenwood's Excelon Reference (XR) series represents exceptional audio quality with long-lasting dependability, and is backed by a 2 Year warranty.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Kenwood DNR1007XR utilizes a 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog converter (DAC) for superior sound quality with a signal to noise ratio up to 98.5dB and support for Hi-Res music files such as FLAC (up to 129kHz;24-bit), WAV (up to 192kHz;24-bit), and DSD (up to 11.2MHz;1-bit).
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DNR1007XR is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DNR1007XR are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
Gold-Plated 6ch/5V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DNR1007XR features front, rear and subwoofer 5.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10 dB). The pre-outs are gold-plated for superior signal transfer.
Vehicle Setup: Indicate your vehicle type, speakers sizes installed in your vehicle, your rear speaker location, plus your main listening postion and the distance of each speaker to the your main listening position to optimize the sound inside your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: You can select your vehicle type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off.
- Speaker Size: Select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, None); Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10", None); Subwoofer: 6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15"+, None).
- Speaker Locations: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers - Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- Listening Position: You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can even use the Front Focus feature to focus the sound image on the front of the selected seat.
- Digital Time Alignment: You can select to manually fine tune your vehicle's sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you're able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
Crossover Network: The Kenwood DNR1007XR lets you choose between a 2-way or 3-way crossover network for your car audio application.
- 2-Way Crossover: Allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a standard Tweeter, Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Front & Rear: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: low pass filter (LPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- 3-Way Crossover: Allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- HPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Midrange: high pass filter (HPF) & low pass filter (LPF)
- HPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- LPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Woofer: low pass filter (LPF)
- LPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
Equalizer: The Kenwood DNR1007XR offers EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a Graphic EQ for manual tuning, and a Parametric EQ for fine-tune adjustment. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Pops, Easy, Top40, Jazz, Powerful, Rock, or User 1-4) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- Graphic EQ: The User modes (1-4) allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency's gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB.
- Parametric EQ: The unit's Paramatric EQ allows for more precise adjustment and fine-tuning.You can freely control the filter, frequency, Q factor (acuteness), and slop gain at 14 points consisting of 9 points common for front/rear/sub, 2 points for front only, 2 points for rear only, and 1 point for subwoofer only. You can store 3 Parametric EQ customized presets.
Music Enhancements: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the audio.
- Sound Restoration: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Realizer feature boosts low frequencies which can be lost during compression. Set to Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Off. When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Sound Effects: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level. You can also virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers; the Stage EQ can be set to High, Middle, Low, or Off. The Drive EQ mode helps you hear your music over road noise. It boosts certain frequency ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The navigation receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DNR1007XR also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
- Bass Boost & DC Extension: The DNR1007XR features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies. When "Bass DC Extension is turned on, frequencies lower than 62.5 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 13-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The Kenwood DNR1007XR navigation receiver is fitted with a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video jack and a 3.5mm audio jack. The AV input can be used to connect external audio/video sources such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The unit's AV input can also be configured to act as a camera input for adding a rear, front, or side camera.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output AV signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's AV output can be set to AV-In, iPod, USB, SD, or Off. Volume of the second zone can be controlled by the navigation receiver or your rear entertainment system.
- You cannot select AV-In as the video output source if it is being used for a camera input. You cannot slect iPod as the AV output source if it is connected via Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay is connected.
- If you select iPod as the main source, you cannot select USB or SD as the AV output source. If you select USB as the main source, you cannot select iPod or SD as the AV output source. If you select SD as the main source, you cannot select iPod or USB as the AV output source.
- If you select Bluetooth, HD Radio, Miracast, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto as the main source then you cannot select USB, SD, or iPod as the AV output source.
Note: Built-in Navigation, CarPlay, Android Auto, Miracast, and HDMI cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
4 Camera Inputs: To enable a smarter driving experience, the Kenwood receiver features 4 camera inputs that allow for the utmost in convenience, flexibility, and safety. With 4 camera inputs, you can connect a backup camera (including an HD backup camera), a front camera (including Kenwood's DRV-N520 Dash-Cam), and side (blind spot) cameras. Alternatively, the 4 camera inputs can support several other configurations. Camera switching is available using the receiver' touchscreen controls, or automatically for side cameras when an optional iDatalink Maestro is connected (supported vehicles only).
- HD Rear Camera Input with Guidelines: The receiver is equipped with a HD rear camera input that consists of a composite video jack and reverse trigger wire. The HD rear camera input supports up to a 720p image when used with an HD compatible camera (such as Kenwood's CMOS-740HD; sold separately). The video from the rear camaera input can be set to display automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear (the purple/white wire of the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. While in reverse, parking guidelines will also appear on-screen making backing up and parking safer and easier.
- Front Camera Input + Dash-Cam Control: There is also a composite video input for connecting a front camera (sold separately), so you can display what's ahead of you on the head unit's touchscreen LCD monitor. In addition to the the front camera input, the head unit is equipped with a proprietary "Dash Cam" control input for connecting Kenwood's DRV-N520 dash-cam (sold separately). The DRV-N520 offers high resolution 1080p recording, plus motion detection technology. The dashboard camera's live and recorded video are displayed on the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. You'll also control the DRV-N520's settings and parameters from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Additional Camera Inputs: In addition, there is a third composite video camera input for adding a side camera or trailer-towing camera(sold separately). You can also configure the unit's compostie video AV input to act as a camera input for a side camera (sold separately) or other camera application.
- The optional PAC VS41 4 Camera Switcher (sold separately) can be added, allowing each camera to be triggered automatically based on the vehicle's status.
- The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras while driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when making in vehicle maneuvers.
iDatalink Maestro Compatible: When an Automotive Data Solutions iDatalink Maestro (sold separately) is connected to the Kenwood receiver, it provides a seamless interface with factory infotainment features such as Satellite Radio, USB Media Player, Bluetooth hands-free and music streaming. Factory driver assistance systems and cameras are also retained and work as they did originally. Parking sensor display and dynamic parking guide lines are also added in supported vehicles on the rear camera screen. Vehicle information such as HVAC, performance information, and TPMS can also be displayed. Radar detector information can also be displayed on the screen when used with a compatible K40 or ESCORT radar detector system (sold separately). Retained factory functions and add-on features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
25 questions already asked