About the Kenwood DNX577S
This outstanding Kenwood navigation stereo elevates your dash
This outstanding Kenwood navigation stereo elevates your dash
Getting behind the wheel used to involve paper maps, tapes or CDs, and maybe some games in the back to keep the kids occupied. Today we're talking about GPS satellite guidance, phone integration, high-definition music files, and rear-seat entertainment systems. Kenwood's DNX577S navigation receiver caters to many of your media needs, including support for both Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. You can command the whole shebang through the stereo's 6.75" display, which offers a great view of your music info, maps, and more.
Keep your inner Apple® or Android™ fan happy
Kenwood designed the DNX577S to work effortlessly with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. No matter what phone you (or your passengers) prefer, you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your vehicle. The DNX577S gives you fingertip or voice control of your apps, and its gorgeous 6.75" resistive touchscreen display offers plenty of real estate to check out your sources and other important info — you can even customize the source button locations for easier access.
Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay. And even if you're not into using Android Auto to access streaming services, you can still get control of select music apps (like Pandora and Spotify) through the receiver via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
Mirror your phone's screen on your stereo
If you're not a fan of CarPlay or Android Auto, the DNX577S offers convenient screen mirroring for both iPhone and Android devices via wired USB connection. You'll need to have the "Mirroring for Kenwood" app on your smartphone to take advantage of this feature. Once you're up and running, you can see all the action from your phone right on the stereo's display. With Android devices, you'll also be able to control the phone via the stereo and vice-versa.
Works with two phones at once
If you're driving with a passenger, the DNX577S can pair with up to two phones at once. You'll be able to designate one phone as the priority but be able to switch between the two with ease, as well as have access to both phonebooks.
Garmin guidance takes you from door to door and all around
Leave worries about getting lost behind, as the DNX577S supplies Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns and lane assistance. You also get three years of free map updates from Garmin, so you're sure to stay current as roads and destinations change down the line — these updates only available via the Garmin Express app suite for PCs. Kenwood's interface also provides more opportunities for split-screen control, so you can still follow the maps as the stereo shows you what's playing or who's calling.
5 years of free INRIX traffic reports
You'll get a free 5-year subscription to INRIX traffic service, which provides quick updates on congestion along your route. You'll need to have your smartphone with the app on it connected to the receiver to take advantage of these traffic updates. INRIX updates require an in-app purchase after the 5-year subscription ends.
Keep your favorite sources at hand
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while an A/V input offers connection for more audio/video sources. A rear USB port let you add audio from an iPod or flash drive, including high-resolution FLAC and WAV files. You also get a microSD card slot for playing digital music files and making map updates.
Hit the road with versatile satellite radio
Don't you hate finding a great radio station, only to have it fade away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there. The DNX577S works with TuneMix, SportsFlash, and other new SiriusXM features, which give you even more customizable options for listening the way you want.
Got a camera or three? Hook 'em up!
The DNX577S is capable of connecting up to three different cameras, so you can see more when you're getting in and out of tight spots. If you've got a pair of rear-view cameras, you can reverse the image of the one up front to get a more precise picture. With select Kenwood cameras, you can have the display automatically switch to a momentary view from the front camera when you shift out of reverse. The receiver also features a dedicated input for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam so you can capture your travels in high definition.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras — and add some upgrades
The DNX577S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen. It'll even integrate your stealth K40 RL200di radar detector into the stereo's display, so you can see and hear about incoming threats. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our articles about Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD/CD navigation receiver
- 6.75" clear resistive touchscreen
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays high-res FLAC and WAV audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from flash media
- AM/FM tuner
- compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (wired connection)
- wired screen mirroring for iPhone and Android with "Mirroring for Kenwood" app
- music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connections
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- compatible with Kenwood Remote S smartphone app for wireless source selection through your phone
- Garmin maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- 3 years of Garmin map updates included with purchase (Garmin Express software suite for PC required)
- optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app 5-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and microSD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to overcome road noise
- 13-band EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- dual-zone A/V output
- supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input; microSD card slot; rear A/V input (mini); two camera inputs; input for Kenwood DRV-N520 Drive Recorder
- outputs: video output (RCA) with audio output (mini-jack); 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- microSD card input for map updates
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DNX577S
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 39" USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Correction Note
More details on the Kenwood DNX577S
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|Touch||6Gen and newer|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||Y|
Android & iPhone Integration
Audio & DSP Section
Touchscreen & Remote Control
Garmin Navigation: With built-in Garmin & HERE navigation software and map data, the Kenwood DNX577S features on-screen maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico. The built-in maps include over 6-million Points of Interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, attractions, parking, airports, ATMs, and more. The built-in navigation software provides you with calculated on-screen routes and audible directions to follow in order to reach your destination safely.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2019), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates with 3 Year Map Care: The Kenwood navigation receiver comes with a 3 Year Map Care plan which provides free Garmin map updates for the first 3 years (fees will apply after those 3 years). Garmin map updates are done via the Garmin Express Portal on your Windows or Mac computer and installed on the Kenwood receiver via microSD card (4-32GB).
- Windows Requirements:
- Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 (included)
- 1024 x 768 display, USB port and 1 GB RAM
- High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
- May require up to 20 GB free disk space
- Mac Requirements:
- OS X 10.11 or newer
- 1440 x 900 display, USB port and 1 GB RAM
- High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
- May require up to 20 GB free disk space
Note: The microSD card must remain installed in the navigation receiver in order for the new map data to be accessible; it is not copied over to the receiver's internal memory. This means that if you want to update the maps, you effectively lose the use of the microSD card slot as a media playback option.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Kenwood DNX577S employs a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that is forgiving of less than optimal antenna placement, giving you additional placement options. The included GPS antenna features a self-adhesive base and an attached 11.5' cable which plugs into the back of the head unit. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle on the dash. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.4375" (d). The self-adhesive pad measures 2.625" square.
- Acquisition Time: 29 seconds (cold)
- Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
- Accuracy: <2.5 meters continuous (Position), 0.1 meter/sec (Velocity)
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 9.7 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Los Angeles, California. It only took 7.1 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside Crutchfield Headquaters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
INRIX Traffic: You can receive INRIX traffic information and weather forecast through the Kenwood DNX577S by connecting your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone with "Kenwood's Traffic Powered By INRIX" application (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) installed. While the DNX577S is in navigation mode, it pulls real-time data from the INRIX Traffic app on your smartphone which provides you with up-to-the-minute traffic, weather, parking, traffic cameras, and travel advisory information on-screen. You get 5 years free access to INRIX traffic information (fees will apply after that). Your iPhone must be connected via USB, while your Android smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Kenwood navigation receiver.
- Traffic: By automatically learning a user's driving habits, INRIX Traffic personalizes routes to avoid the worst traffic, recommends trips and departure times, and provides automatic, intelligent alerts to keep users aware of changing road conditions. INRIX even provides real-time images from traffic cameras along major roadways to supplement the traffic information.
- Weather: INRIX provides local area current temperatures, forecasted weather conditions, and severe weather alerts. It also gives you advance warning of dangerous weather-related road conditions ahead, keeping you safer along your route.
- Parking: INRIX helps you to find detailed parking information, including parking availability in nearby garages and pricing information.
- Fuel: INRIX also helps you find nearby fuel stations and compare fuel prices.
On-Screen Map: The Kenwood DNX577S displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns. Your route is marked with a magenta line. A checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the DNX577S guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The upper-left corner of the screen indicates the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, your current speed is shown in the lower right corner. The posted speed limit for most major roads is displayed near the lower right corner as well. The unit allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touchscreen during navigation.
- Map Detail: You can adjust the amount of detail shown on the map screen. More detail may cause the map to be slower.
- 2D/3D Map View: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Track-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Track-Up (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen).
- Vehicle Type: You can change the icon (arrow, station wagon, sports car, compact car, SUV, jeep, RV, or sled) used to display your position on the map.
- Color Mode: Select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two) for the on-screen map.
Note: In Split-Screen mode, you can view song/artist information (including album art) of your audio source (including CarPlay & Android Auto) while you also viewing the navigation map. In addition, the backup camera can be displayed in Split-Screen mode along with the map screen. You can even watch video in Split-Screen mode along with the map when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Text-To-Speech Voice Prompts: The unit's text-to-speech voices "read and speak" the same words that are displayed on the unit's screens. The voices have an extensive vocabulary and they pronounce the street names as you approach turns. Voice prompts can heard from both of your front speakers, only the left front speaker, or only the right front speaker. You can independently adjust the volume (0-40) of the voice prompts without affecting the main volume. The unit offers English, French, and Spanish voice prompts.
Note: You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The DNX577S will mute the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Driver Assistance: The DNX577S features Turn & Lane Assistance, Exit Services, and Speed Limit Icons to assist you along the calculated route to your destination.
- Turn & Lane Assistance: While navigating a route, a preview of the next turn, lane change, or other maneuver appears in the upper-left corner of the map. Lane Assist guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate.
- Exit Services: The Exit Services function lets you search roadway exits for food, lodging, and rest areas so you are never left guessing what is around the bend. You must be on a major highway or road to use this feature.
- Speed Limit Icon: A speed limit icon may appear as you travel on major roadways. This icon displays the current speed limit of the roadway. The unit's speed limit icon feature is for information only and does not replace the driver's responsibility to abide by all posted speed limit signs and to use safe driving judgment at all times.
Destination & Location Screens: The DNX577S offers a variety of destination/location screens & functions to help you along your route.
- Where Am I?: The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also menus to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
- Where To? Screen: The "Where To?" screen provides
several different ways to enter your destination. The navigation system
automatically searches for places near your current location. You can also
choose to have the DNX577S search for places in a different city, a recent
destination, a favorite destination, projected destination, or along your
- Browse Map & Go Home: The receiver allows you to search for a destination by touching and dragging the map. You can also store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from any current location.
- Address/Cities/Intersections: Input your destination address by house number, street, city, and zip-code. You can also search for a city by name or search two intersecting streets.
- POI Category + Quick Search: The detailed maps loaded in this navigation system contain locations, such as restaurants, hotels, parking, auto services, and other POIs (points-of-interest). You can use these categories to browse for nearby businesses and attractions. After you have performed a search for a point-of-interest, certain categories may display a Quick Search list that displays the last four destinations you selected.
- Favorites & Recents: You can save all of your favorite places in the navigation system, so you can quickly navigate to them later. You can also choose from one of your most recent destinations (up to 50) or waypoints.
- Search Bar & Shortcuts: You can use the Search Bar to search for locations by entering a category, brand name, address, or city name. In addition, you can add up to 36 shortcuts to the Where to? menu. A shortcut can point to a location, a category, or a search tool.
- Where I've Been/Trip Log: The "Where I've Been" application allows you to view your previous routes and places you have stopped on the map. In addition, the device keeps a Trip Log, which is a record of the path you have traveled. The Travel History setting must be enabled in order for the Where I've Been and Trip Log features to function.
Trends: The DNX577S has the ability to recall frequent destinations and historic traffic information to help calculate your route faster.
- myTrends: The myTrends feature senses when you are driving to a common destination and displays the destination and estimated time of travel in the navigation bar on the map. myTrends does not work when you first begin using your navigation system. To effectively use the myTrends feature, your frequent destinations must be marked as favorites, and a regular pattern of driving habits must be established with three days of regular driving usage.
- trafficTrends: When the trafficTrends feature is enabled, the navigation system uses historic traffic information to calculate more efficient routes. Different routes may be calculated based on traffic trends for the day of the week or based on the time of day.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, the fuel price of navigating to your destination, and offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. The first time you access the ecoRoute features, you will be asked to enter fuel and mileage information (Fuel Type, City Fuel MPG, HWY Fuel MPG, Fuel Price) about your vehicle.
- Fuel Economy: If you have entered your vehicle profiles and the current fuel price, the DNX577S calculates fuel used, the average fuel economy for your vehicle, your carbon footprint, and the cost of the fuel consumed.
- At The Pump: At your next fill-up, you can enter in fuel price, amount of fuel used, and the distance you traveled to calculate your vehicle's miles-per-gallon (MPG).
- ecoChallenge Tool: The ecoChallenge tool helps you
maximize your fuel economy by scoring your driving habits. The higher your
overall score for a driving challenge, the more fuel you could save. You
overall score is the average of these 3 scores -
- Speed: gain points for driving at the best speed for conserving fuel, which is 45-60mph for most vehicles
- Acceleration: gain points for gradual acceleration; lose points for rapid acceleration
- Braking: gain points for gradual braking; lose points for hard braking
- Mileage Report: Mileage reports provide the distance, the time, the average fuel economy, and the fuel cost of navigation to a destination. A mileage report (up to 20) is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your navigation system, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled.
Note: The data provided by the ecoRoute feature is only an estimate. The data is not actually read from your vehicle.
Route Preferences/Avoidances: When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences; faster time, shorter distance, less fuel, or off road. You can also program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route; such as U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Auto Reroute/Detour: If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. You can also select a specific area to detour around. The navigation system will attempt to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible, after calculating a detour. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the DNX577S might not calculate a detour.
Trip Planner (Multiple Destination Routing): You can create and save a trip with multiple destinations (up to 500 via points) using the Trip Planner. Once you have entered your destinations, you can manually set them in the order of your preference, or allow the device to calculate the most efficient route. Trip itineraries can be saved in memory for future use. You can even add scheduling information to each location in your trip, including the desired arrival time and layover duration at each location.
Trip Computer: The trip information page displays your current speed and direction, and provides helpful statistics about your trip. Dual trip odometers keep up with your total mileage. The page also indicates the distance and driving time to your next maneuver, as well as the distance and driving time to your destination. Your maximum speed and moving average speed are also displayed. The information can be reset in advance of your next trip.
Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving when the vehicle's parking brake is disengaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to enter addresses or other advance navigation functions when you have the unit set to Safe Mode.
GPS Simulator: You can turn the unit's GPS receiver off and simulate travel along a projected route.
Android Auto: The Kenwood DNX577S navigation receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port using the included USB extension cable and the USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied. If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Apple CarPlay Compatible: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port using the included USB extension cable and the the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). Apple CarPlay is specially designed for driving scenarios. You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Compatible iPhone models include 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S, and SE. Only one Apple iPhone with CarPlay can be connected at a time.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Mirroring for Kenwood App: By installing the Mirroring for Kenwood app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), your compatible smartphone device is seamlessly displayed on the receiver's screen via USB, while audio from your smartphone is transmitted to the receiver via Bluetooth. You can enjoy a variety of apps such as YouTube, Netflix, and More. Depending on the app, the Kenwood receiver's monitor may not display in full screen. Touch control is possible from both the Kenwood head unit's touchscreen and your Android smartphone's touchscreen (iPhone has to be controlled from the phone's touchscreen only). Click here for instructions on how to setup the Mirroring for Kenwood App.
- The Mirroring for Kenwood app requires a USB and Bluetooth connection between your Apple iOS or Android device and the Kenwood head unit.
- USB Mirroring will require that the vehicle's parking brake be engaged to mirror your smartphone or view any content from your smartphone on the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen monitor. Only audio content will be heard without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
- During USB mirroring on an Apple iOS device, when a call is received, USB mirroring disconnects and needs to be manually reconnected. USB Mirroring is disconnected when the iPhone goes to the sleep mode.
iPod/iPhone Music Playback Only: If you don't desire Apple CarPlay or USB Mirroring, you can simply connect your Lightning-connector Apple iPod/iPhone to the DNX577S's USB port for music playback & control only using the included USB cable and the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver supports playback of stored music and music apps, along with music browsing and playback control, plus song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigation your iPod/iPhone's music library from its front-panel & touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Category Search & Link Search, plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. You'll also still be able to control your connected iPod touch or iPhone from its own touchscreen so you can access other music applications.
- Category Search: Category Search allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, Audiobook, or Radio. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order).
- Link Search: The head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, an artist list of the currently playing genre, or an album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The DNX577S will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. The unit will also display song/artist info and album art from select music apps.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DNX577S is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 5/12/2020) -
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Mirror||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and USB Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
GPS Antenna: In addition to supporting the built-in navigation, the included GPS antenna also enhances the performance of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps. The GPS antenna comes with a self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
Smartphone Charging: The Kenwood DNX577S will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Kenwood DNX577S is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DNX577S. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SSP & Auto Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DNX577S without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. You can pair up to ten Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Music Mix: The new Music Mix feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the Kenwood receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While "BT Audio" source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood DNX577S provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DNX577S can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (1-30 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DNX577S, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the DNX577S. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your smartphone supports voice recognition (including Siri and Google), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DNX577S supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display and support for AAC lossless music streaming. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood DNX577S for playback.
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the DNX576S offers support of AAC codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple devices. By supporting AAC, the DNX576S offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Playback: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DNX576S lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (no album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DNX577S includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DNX577S is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Smart Favorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets on the
current band are recognized as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as
TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel.
- TuneScan: TuneScan plays the first 6 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from your Smart Favorite preset music channels from the current SiriusXM preset band, allowing you to build a custom channel from as few as two to as many as six music channels.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- Alerts: Receive alerts of your favorite song or artist,
favorite sports teams, plus traffic and weather.
- Content Alerts: When a broadcast program related to the your favorite artist or song starts, a message appears to allow you to switch to that station.
- Sports Flash: Sports Flash will notify you when a big play happens during a game with one your favorite sports teams. You can choose to tune to that station or continue to listening to the previous channel.
- Traffic & Weather Now: Traffic & Weather Now allows you to access the latest report whenever you want to hear it by city.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DNX577S features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets (18FM/6AM) you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling. Mono mode reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
- RDS (Radio Data System): RDS (Radio Data System) is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency.
- Emergency Alerts: RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm).
- Traffic Information: There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast on FM only, even when you're not listening to the radio.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS 8.0+ device through the Kenwood DNX577S. With a WiFi or cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the Kenwood receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information, along with Album art.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Kenwood DNX577S supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports a variety of audio & video files recorded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc (see chart below).
- Disc Auto Reload: The unit will automatically reinsert a disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
- Parental Control (DVD only): Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Note: There is no physical eject button on the receiver. In order to eject a disc, you must press the "Menu/ATT" button on the front-panel to access the "eject" icon on the touchscreen. You cannot insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off.
microSD Card Slot: The navigation receiver is fitted with a microSD card slot on the front-panel. The microSD card slot supports both microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards. The unit supports playback of a variety of compressed and high-resolution music files, as well as standard and high-definition video files, plus JPEG still image stored on a compatible microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (see chart below).
Note: The microSD card slot can also be used for map updates. Because a microSD card with map update must remain installed in the receiver, you will lose the media playback option for microSD.
USB MSC Playback: The Kenwood DNX577S features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port and comes with a 39" USB extension cable. This USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DNX577S supports the following types of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files recorded onto a disc, microSD, or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC) / microSD/SDHC/SDXC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32, exFAT, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3/WMA/AAC:
bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling
frequency of 16-48kHz |
WAV/FLAC: bit depth of 16/24-bit; sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
Vorbis: variable bit-rate; sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling
frequency of 16-48kHz |
WAV/FLAC (High-Res): bit depth of 16/24-bit; sampling frequency of 16-192kHz
Vorbis: variable bit-rate; sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352 x 288;
max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps |
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Photo||N/A||JPEG: 5000 x 5000 |
PNG/BMP: 1000 x 1000
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||5,000 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)||Unlimited folders/9,999 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
High Resolution Audio Playback: The Kenwood navigation receiver supports playback of high-resolution FLAC & WAV music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) via USB or microSD. High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music.
Control Functions: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate the music library on your microSD card or USB device from its touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Folder/Track List, Category Search, and Link Search; plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
- Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc, microSD, or USB device.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. The content within each category will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, an artist list of the currently playing genre, or an album list of currently playing composer.
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood DNX577S will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Kenwood DNX577S utilizes a 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog converter (DAC) for superior sound quality with a signal to noise ratio up to 90.5dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DNX577S is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DNX577S are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DNX577S features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10 dB).
Vehicle Setup: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can indentify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off
- Speaker Size: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Speaker Location: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers - Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- Listening Position: You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can even use the Front Focus feature to focus the sound image on the front of the selected seat.
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): You can select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you're able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: The receiver offers independent high pass filters for front speakers and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the unit's sub out.
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF) for your front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for unit sub output.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
Equalizer: The Kenwood DNX577S offers 8 EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a 13-band EQ for customized tuning, and Drive EQ+ to overcome road noise. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Pops, Easy, Top40, Jazz, Powerful, Rock, or User 1-4) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User modes (1-4) allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency's gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB.
- Drive EQ+: Drive EQ+ boosts specific frequencies in the audio signal to compensate the negative impact of road noise. The bass is enhanced according to the vehicle speed to compensate for the loss due to noise from the road. Vehicle speed can be obtained from the unit's GPS antenna or VSS wire.
Music Enhancements: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the soundscape.
- Realizer: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Realizer feature boosts low frequencies which can be lost during compression. Set to Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Off.
- Supreme: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Space Enhancer & Stage EQ: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level. You can also virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers; the Stage EQ can be set to High, Middle, Low, or Off.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The navigation receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DNX577S also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
- Bass Boost & DC Extension: The DNX577S features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies. When "Bass DC Extension is turned on, frequencies lower than 62.5 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 13-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer at lower volumes.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The Kenwood DNX577S navigation receiver is fitted with a rear-panel minijack (3.5mm) audio/video input to connect external AV sources, such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The unit's 3.5mm AV input (with the help of an optional minijack-to-composite video adapter cable - sold separately) can be configured to act as a camera input for adding a rear, front, or side camera.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output AV signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's AV output can be set to Disc, AV-In, USB, microSD, or Off. Volume of the second zone can be controlled by the navigation receiver or your rear entertainment system.
- If you select USB, microSD, iPod, Disc, or Bluetooth as the main source; you cannot select USB as the AV output source.
- If you select CarPlay, Android Auto, or USB Mirroring as the main source; you cannot select Disc, microSD, or USB as the AV output.
Note: Built-in Navigation, CarPlay, Android Auto, and USB Mirroring cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
4 Camera Inputs: To enable a smarter driving experience, the Kenwood receiver features 4 camera inputs that allow for the utmost in convenience, flexibility, and safety. With 4 camera inputs, you can connect a backup camera, a front camera (including Kenwood's DRV-N520 Dash-Cam), and side (blind spot) cameras. Alternatively, the 4 camera inputs can support several other configurations, Camera switching is available using the receiver's touchscreen controls, or automatically for side cameras when an optional iDatalink Maestro RR is connected (supported vehicles only).
- Rear Camera Input with Guidelines: The receiver is equipped with a rear camera input that consists of a composite video jack and reverse trigger wire for connection of a backup camera (such as Kenwood's CMOS-230, sold separately). The video from the rear camaera input can be set to display automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear (the purple/white wire of the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. While in reverse, parking guidelines will also appear on-screen making backing up and parking safer and easier.
- Front Camera Input + Dash-Cam Control: There is also a composite video input for connecting a front camera (sold separately), so you can display what's ahead of you on the head unit's touchscreen LCD monitor. In addition to the the front camera input, the head unit is equipped with a proprietary "Dash Cam" control input for connecting Kenwood's DRV-N520 dash-cam (sold separately). The DRV-N520 offers high resolution 1080p recording, plus motion detection technology. The dashboard camera's live and recorded video are displayed on the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. You'll also control the DRV-N520's settings and parameters from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Additional Camera Inputs: In addition, there is a third composite video camera input for adding a side camera or trailer-towing camera(sold separately). You can also configure the unit's 3.5mm AV input with the help of the include minijack-to-composite video adapter cable to act as a camera input for a side camera (sold separately) or other camera application.
- The optional PAC VS41 4 Camera Switcher (sold separately) can be added, allowing each camera to be triggered automatically based on the vehicle's status.
- The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras while driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when making in vehicle maneuvers.
iDatalink Maestro RR Compatible: When an Automotive Data Solutions iDatalink Maestro RR (sold separately) is connected to the Kenwood receiver, it provides a seamless interface with factory infotainment features such as Satellite Radio, USB Media Player, Bluetooth hands-free and music streaming. Factory driver assistance systems and cameras are also retained and work as they did originally. Parking sensor display and dynamic parking guide lines are also added in supported vehicles on the rear camera screen. Vehicle information such as HVAC, performance information, and TPMS can also be displayed. Radar detector information can also be displayed on the screen when used with a compatible K40 or ESCORT radar detector system (sold separately). Retained factory functions and add-on features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
6.75" Clear Resistive Touchscreen: The Kenwood DNX577S features a 6.75" widescreen (16:9) clear resistive touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The clear resistive touchscreen LCD provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. Touchscreen operations include tap, touch & hold, flick left or right, and swipe up or down. Electronic angle settings adjust the display for best off axis viewing (actual screen does not move).
- Custom Home Screen & Shortcuts: You can customize the head unit's Home Screen by rearranging the icons and moving the icons of the twelve most sources you use most to the first page of the Home Screen. Four programmable shortcut source keys offer a quick jump to your favorite sources from almost any screen.
- Background Color & Wallpapers: You can choose between nine preset background colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White. You can also choose to link the displays color with the unit's front-panel variable color illumination that you set. In addition, there are four preset background images (wallpapers) or you can download your own still image (800x600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Customizable Widgets: You can customize the head unit's home screen by selecting multiple widgets. Widget options include album art of current song, clock, compass, photo frame, visualizer, turn-by-turn Garmin navigation and more. The photo frame widget lets you display a slideshow of images files (up to 500) stored on an inserted USB thumbdrive. Images must be JPEG (5000x5000), PNG (1000x1000), or BMP (1000x1000). Images remain on your USB device and are not downloaded to the head unit; the USB thumbdrive must be inserted for this feature to work.
- Picture Adjustments: You you can adjust the display screen's backlight, contrast, brightness, color, tint, & aspect ratio (Full/Normal/Auto).
Dual Core Processor: The Kenwood navigation receiver utilizes a Linux based system and dual core processor for faster operating speeds and enhanced stability. The unit has start-up time of approximately 25.1 seconds from OFF to the last source selected or navigation map screen.
Split Screen AV Control: The Split Screen AV Control mode divides the head unit's touchscreen monitor into two screens, with navigation on the left and a source window on the right. With this Picture-in-Picture type function, the head unit can now display the navigation map screen, as well as song/artist information (including album art) and basic playback controls simultaneously - including CarPlay & Android Auto. You can also view the backup camera display along with the map screen. You can even display the navigation map screen and DVD or AV-IN video simultaneously with the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination, as well as display background color from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit's display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle's light switch is turned On, if you have the unit's orange/white "Illumination" wire connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Clock & Date: The navigation receiver offers a 12-hour clock & day/month/year display. The clock is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or run position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the Power/Home button turns the unit off completely.
Remote Control: The Kenwood DNX577S offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience. Kenwood also offers a remote application which allows you to control the receiver from your smartphone device.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood receiver. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
- Remote S App: The Kenwood Remote S (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is an application that will connect and control the in-dash receiver from your compatible Apple or Android device via Bluetooth, like a wireless remote control. You can select source input, as well as command basic playback controls such as Play/Pause or Previous/Next Track from the touchscreen of your compatible smartphone. This application can also display the receiver's source and song/artist information on the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Parking Brake Interlock: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as the built-in Navigation, CarPlay, and Android Auto.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
The Kenwood DNX577S replaces these items
- Garmin maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
5 questions already asked