About the Kenwood DRV-320
No nonsense cam
No nonsense cam
Kenwood's DRV-320 dash cam delivers a solid dash-cam experince, giving you smooth HD video of your daily drive and a handy theft deterrent when you're parked. The fully automated camera will start recording once the engine is turned on and stop when the engine is turned off. Just mount it to your windshield with the included adhesive-backed mount and power it with the included vehicle adapter.
In case of an accident
If you're involved in an accident, this device's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then save the last, current and next recordings, preserving a complete record of the event. You can play the footage back on the Kenwood's display, or save the video file to the included SD™ card for viewing on another device.
Security when parked
When the ignition is off, the DRV-320 is still working for you. The built-in G-Sensor will wake your dash cam if your car is bumped and begin recording to catch any action in front of your windshield. The cam's running security light can also work as a theft deterrent, making your car a not-so-easy target.
- Full HD portable digital video recorder
- includes vehicle power cable, adhesive-backed mount, and 16GB SD card
- motion detection
- security light theft deterrent
- G-sensor incident detection
- display for viewing and playback
- resolution: 1920 x 1080
- frame rate: 27.5 frames per second
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-320
What's in the box:
- Dashboard camera
- 12-Volt/Cigarette lighter adapter (attached 11.5' DC cord)
- Self-adhesive mounting bracket
- 16GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
More details on the Kenwood DRV-320
Dashboard Camera: The Kenwood DRV-320 is a GPS Integrated Dashboard Camera that offers HD video recording in a compact design to document any occurrence or disturbance you may come across while driving your vehicle. With WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology, it can record video in bright and dark environments. A gyro sensor will automatically detect when there is an event and separate a portion of memory within the 16GB SD card for viewing.
CMOS Image Sensor with Wide Aperture Lens: The Kenwood DRV-320 dash camera utilizes a 1/2.7" CMOS image sensor with 2.08 million pixels for recording Full HD (1920x1080) video and features a wide aperture lens to provide high quality recordings of video and still photos in daylight and low light. Recording angles include 100° horizontal, 52° vertical, and 111° diagonal. You can set the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and EV (Exposure Value).
- WDR: WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) automatically adjusts the image in situations where there is a large difference between light and dark. This feature can be turned On or Off.
- EV: EV (Exposure Value) sets the exposure level for adjusting image brightness. The EV level can be set to -1, 0 or +1.
Video & Photo Recording: The Kenwood DRV-320 dash camera is able to record video and capture still images.
- Videos: The dashboard camera records 1080p HD video at 27.5 fps (frames per second) in MP4 (H.264) format. The 27.5 fps frame rate was specifically chosen to accurately capture LED traffic lights, which often operate at 60Hz- especially helpful in the case of a traffic signal related video. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the DRV-320 has the capability to capture JPEG still images (1920x1080) so that in the event of an accident, the driver can detach the camera and take detailed photos from outside the vehicle.
Recording Modes: The DRV-320 offers four recording modes - Continuous (Auto), Event (G-Sensor), Parked, and Photo.
- Continuous (Auto): The DRV-320 automatically begins recording when powered on, seamlessly capturing video clip files in a continuous loop on a microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- Event (G-Sensor): If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-320 detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that video file is locked and stored in an "Event" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parked: In Parked mode, recording begins if the camera detects impacts or movements for approximately 25 minutes after your vehicle is parked and the vehicle's accessory power (AAC) has been turned off. In Parked mode, the camera monitors for impacts with your vehicle and movements within the range of the lens. If it detects movements or impacts with your vehicle while monitoring, it will begin recording.
microSD Card Slot: The Kenwood DRV-320 is fitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD or microSDHC memory card (up to 32GB; Class 6 or higher). Video and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC memory card. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into four areas according to the type of recording - Continuous, Event, Parked , and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card with an SD-card adapter is included. See Instruction Manual for recording times.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-320 can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
2" LCD + Push Button Control: The Kenwood DRV-320 dash camera features a 2" LCD screen for live video playback and playback of your recorded video and photos. Push-button controls provide Power, Menu, and Record operations.
Built-in Mic & Speaker: The Kenwood DRV-320 is equipped with an integrated microphone for recording audio inside the car and built-in speaker for playback of recorded audio.
Video Playback: Videos clips can be viewed directly on the camera's 2" LCD screen for when the driver is safely parked. You can also use the Kenwood Route Watcher II software application to playback recorded video from the DRV-320's microSD memory card on a Windows PC or Mac computer. The Kenwood Route Watcher II software application is compatible with Windows and Mac (see below for system requirements).
- Windows: 10 (not compatible with Windows 10 Mobile), 8.1, and 7 (Windows 7 Service Pack 1 must be installed)
- Mac: OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
Mounting Options: The DRV-320 can be mounted to your windshield using the supplied self-adhesive mounting bracket. Mounting the DRV-320 dashboard camera to the center of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror will facilitate optimal video recording. The bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the camera once its mounted.
Note: Do not install this product in your vehicle if its location or use would obstruct the driver's clear view of the road or the operation of any vehicle airbag. It is also the driver's responsibility to know and comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the driving location, including, for example, passenger privacy rights, and not to use the device in any location where its installation or use is prohibited.
Power Requirements: The DRV-320 dash camera is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery which is charged by the included cigarette lighter power adapter. It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the camera's battery. The cigarette lighter power adapter plugs into your vehicle's cigarette lighter or 12V power port and features an attached 11.5' cable which plugs into the camera's microUSB port.
5 questions already asked