About the Kenwood KAC-M1814
Power your speakers on land or sea
Power your speakers on land or sea
Kenwood's super-compact KAC-M1814 will add new clarity and impact to the basic sound system of almost any kind of vehicle on land or water, and it'll fit in a lot of places when space is tight. This marine-rated 4-channel amp will pump up your audio system with 45 watts RMS per channel — that's more than twice the power of most car stereos or marine receivers. The amp uses plastic covers to protect its connections and features a conformal-coated circuit board that keeps out moisture and salt, so the party won't stop just because of a little wetness.
Works in almost any system
The KAC-M1814 will accept a signal from just about any source, whether you're using RCA cables from an aftermarket receiver or speaker wires from a factory radio. When you use the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier will sense the signal and turn itself on, so you won't need to run a separate remote turn-on lead to the receiver or fuse box. Kenwood goes to great lengths to ensure good sound quality, putting the preamp and output power amp stages on separate circuit boards for better, cleaner performance.
- compact 4-channel amplifier for car, motorcycle, and boat
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for marine applications
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input
- signal-sensing turn-on on speaker-level inputs eliminate need for a separate remote lead
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 15A x 1
- dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 1-13/16"H x 3-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-M1814
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- One 15-amp ATM mini-fuse (installed)
- Two 38" RCA stereo patch cables
- 5' Power and speaker output harness with plug cover
- Four 5/8" Screws (4x16mm)
- Two 14" Zip Ties
- Two 4" Zip Ties
- 2 Sets of clear self-adhesive control covers
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
More details on the Kenwood KAC-M1814
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
45 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||82 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Kenwood KAC-M1814 4-channel amplifier is effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis, labeled A (front) and B (rear). Each section of the amp is bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel. The amp features a conformal coating on the circuit board to protect it from moisture. This allows you to use the amp for marine applications or on All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 45 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 45 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD, measured at 1 kHz)
- Bridged: 90 watts RMS x 2 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD, measured at 1 kHz into 4Ω)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 98 dB (at rated power output)
Crossover: The front and rear sections of the amplifier have independent crossover controls. Each can be set to high-pass, low-pass, or off (full range). The crossover points are continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz; the slope is 12dB/octave.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, DC output, and short circuits. The amp stops operating when it goes into protection mode. (There are no LED indicators.)
Signal Sensing Turn-on: When the amplifier is connected using speaker level inputs, from a factory or aftermarket head unit, the amplifier's signal sensing turn-on feature will turn the amp on when a signal is detected on the input. This eliminates the need to connect a turn-on lead to the amp's Power Control wire.
Wiring: The amp is equipped with a 22-pin DC connector. The included 5' DC harness, which plugs into the connector, has wires for +12V battery power, ground, power control (turn-on lead), and four speakers.
Power/Ground: The power and ground are 16-gauge wires. The power wire can be connected to the car's fuse box or directly to the battery. The amp is protected by a 15-amp ATM mini blade fuse. If wiring directly to the battery, install an in-line fuse (15-amp minimum) no more than 18" from the battery terminal. The ground wire should be attached to a chassis ground close to the amplifier.
Power Control: The blue/white Power Control wire should be connected to the head unit's remote turn-on lead when an aftermarket unit is used. This wire does not need to be connected if you're using speaker level inputs. The signal sensing turn-on feature will turn on the amplifier when a speaker level input signal is detected.
Line Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with two pair of RCA inputs. Two 38" stereo RCA patch cables are included. If using a factory head unit, or a unit without preamp outputs, the RCA inputs will also accept a speaker level signal. Adding a speaker level to RCA adapter is recommended (sold separately) when using speaker level inputs.
- Note: If bridging the amp, 2 RCA Y-adapters will be required (sold separately).
Speaker Outputs: The included DC harness has eight wires for connecting four speakers to the amp.
The Kenwood KAC-M1814 replaces these items
- non-bridgeable, 4-ohm stable per channel
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- conformal-coated circuit boards — suitable for sport and marine applications
14 questions already asked