About the Kenwood KVT-7012BT
A flip-out media center
A flip-out media center
Kenwood's KVT-7012BT DVD receiver delivers a big 6.95" touchscreen experience in the body of a receiver that fits into a 2" tall dash opening. Its big touchscreen lets you control music and calls using Bluetooth. You can connect an optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner or plug in a compatible iPhone® or Android™ for big-screen viewing and control of various apps. This Kenwood offers DVD/CD playback, a rear USB port, and two audio/video inputs which provide lots of ways to connect your music and video to keep your passengers happy.
The KVT-7012BT's True Mirror technology enables you to view your smartphone's display on the larger receiver display. You can also operate your smartphone's apps using the receiver's touchscreen controls. Here's what you need depending on your phone:
Using your smartphone with this Kenwood, you can tune into and control Pandora, iHeartRadio, or AUPEO! Internet radio stations. Check out song info and control your playlists for all three services from the big screen.
You can slide in a DVD or CD for old school music or video, plug a thumb drive into the rear USB port for MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, or FLAC music heaven, or use the sensitive AM/FM tuner to enjoy local radio. Add an optional SiriusXM tuner to tap into the huge variety of music, news, talk, and entertainment programming offered by satellite radio — with SiriusXM, your favorite stations won't fade away on long journeys.
Easy Bluetooth pairing and Siri compatibility
The KVT-7012BT's Apple Auto Pairing automatically recognizes your iPhone when you plug into the USB port and sends a pairing request. Just press a button on the receiver's touchscreen and your iPhone is paired — simple as that! If you've got an iPhone with Siri, you'll be able to access Siri through the receiver — no need to take your eyes off the road to pick up the phone. Android users can pair their phones via Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and crystal-clear hands-free calling.
You can use the 5-band parametric equalizer to adjust the tone for your separate audio sources. The KVT-7012BT also provides five RCA preamp outputs, which will send a hot 4-volt signal to your outboard amps for better performance. You can go even deeper using Kenwood's crossover adjustments to refine your sound by tweaking crossover points for both speaker-level and preamp-level outputs. If you have a bigger vehicle, you'll appreciate the video output to feed additional screens for rear-seat passengers and an input for a backup camera.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM RDS tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- motorized, retractable 6.95" touchscreen with 5-position angle adjustment
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- True Mirror enables smartphone screen viewing and receiver control using optional cables with the HDMI/MHL input
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Siri voice control with select iPhones
- playback and control through USB of music files on compatible Android devices
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and AUPEO! control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 5-band parametric EQ with DSP and Drive EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level controls
- digital time alignment
- works with SiriusXM tuner (not included)
- inputs: rear USB input, rear HDMI/MHL input, dual rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear video (RCA) output, 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KVT-7012BT
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ retractable 6.95" monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone with bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- HDMI bracket
- 4 ISO-screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Rubber boot
- Radio removal tool
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
More details on the Kenwood KVT-7012BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
6.95" Motorized-Retractable Touchscreen: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT features a motorized-retractable 6.95" touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to extract or retract the monitor every time you want to load a disc.
- Angle Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's angle (-1 to 5) for better visibility. The selected angle setting is memorized and the monitor panel will keep the same angle the next time it is opened.
- Auto Open/Close: When this feature is active, the display automatically opens when the unit is turned on and closes when the unit is turned off. It takes approximately 4.7 seconds for the monitor to open and close.
Note: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Display Adjustments: You can adjust a variety of display settings on the touchscreen monitor.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal) .
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can select from two background presets or download a still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Customized Top Menu: You can select and arrange which sources and icons display on the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access. Select the "ALL SRC" icon to see all sources at one time.
Front-Panel Controls: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the front lower panel of the unit. The front-panel controls have a fixed Blue backlit illumination, while the Kenwood logo is Red backlit.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination. You can adjust the dimmer level from -15 to +5.
Remote Control: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
- Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of your compatible Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood KVT-7012BT. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood KVT-7012BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit with a maximum of two Bluetooth phones and one Bluetooth audio player connected at one time (but only one can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The The touchscreen controls of the KVT-7012BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (0-99 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the KVT-7012BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 30 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 3 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KVT-7012BT. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ AAC): The Kenwood KVT-7012BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display and support for AAC music streaming.
- Stored Music & Music Apps: You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood KVT-7012BT for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the KVT-7012BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the KVT-7012BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Basic Playback Control: You can use the touchscreen controls of the KVT-7012BT to operate basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music & music apps; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat (not compatible with all apps). Advanced music control of your stored music and music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood KVT-7012BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE/TEL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KVT-7012BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
iPod Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT supports direct connection of your Lightning or 30-pin iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm input or HDMI input. The KVT-7012BT offers audio/video playback of connected Apple iPod/iPhone models (video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park).
- Lightning Connector: IIf you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Kenwood's Lightning connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP103, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood KVT-7012BT for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the Kenwood DVD receiver. To watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) in addition to music from your Lightning-connector Apple device on the Kenwood KVT-7012BT, you'll need Apple's Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable, and a mobile-grade HDMI cable; such as the Kenwood KCA-HD100 (all sold separately) - this type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you own an older iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin dock connector, you can enjoy audio and video files on your Apple device through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT. Using Kenwood's KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (113KCIP202, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps (like Netflix) on your iPod/iPhone through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KVT-7012BT.
Note: You will need to select which type of connection method you are using in the head unit's setup menu.
iPod/iPhone Control: In addition to audio/video playback, the Kenwood KVT-7012BT supports control, song/artist information display, and battery charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer. The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored music and movies from the Apple device's touchscreen, as well access music and video apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The KVT-7012BT will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. Pandora and iHeart Radio will also display metadata information. Other music apps will only display song/artist information in Apps mode.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apps Mode for iPhone & Android (via HDMI): Apps mode allows the Kenwood head unit to mirror the display of your HDMI-connected & Bluetooth-paired iPhone (iOS 7+) or Android (OS 4.1+) device. You'll be able to listen to audio from stored music and music apps, watch video from stored movies and movie apps, and view navigation apps on your iPhone or Android smartphone through the Kenwood receiver. Mirroring of your mobile device does not require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged, but control over your device may require that the parking brake is set (this will depend on your type of device and selected app). Mirroring of your device will not always appear in full-screen on the Kenwood unit's touchscreen display.
- Smartphone Connectivity: Connection method is based on
your type of smartphone (iPhone or Android).
- iPhone: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter and Lightning-to-USB cable; if you have an older 30-pin iPhone 4/4S, you'll need a 30-pin digital AV adapter and Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (all sold separately). In addition, for both types of iPhones, you will need a a mobile-grade HDMI cable; such as the Kenwood KCA-HD100 (sold separately). This type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing. The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device. The Bluetooth connection allows you to control basic playback functions from the head unit.
- Android Smartphone: The head unit's HDMI port is MHL compatible; this means you can simply connect select MHL-compatible Android smartphones to the receiver via a MHL-to-HDMI cable; such as Kenwood's KCA-MH100 cable (sold separately). This type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing and installation of the Kenwood Smartphone Control App from Google Play onto your smartphone. The HDMI connector provides audio/video playback and charging of your Android smartphone's battery, while the Bluetooth connection is also needed for touchscreen control. Compatible Android smartphones include Samsung Galaxy *S3/S4/S5/Note II/III, Sony Xperia Z/Z1/ZR/ZL, LG Optimusand HTC One Max (all with OS 4.1+). *The Samsung Galaxy S3/4/5 and Note II/III require an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). Check here for a list of all compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
- Operation & Controls: The extent of operation and control will
depend on what type of smartphone you are using and if you have your
vehicle's parking brake on or off.
- iPhone Control: Your iPhone lets you access its stored music and video library from the head unit's touchscreen with advance search and playback control when connected via HDMI. Apps Mode also provides basic playback control (Pay/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Previous/Next Track) of select music and video apps from the head unit's touchscreen. These operations can all be done with or without your vehicle's parking brake engaged.
- Android Control: You can control your Android device from the head unit's touchscreen similar to how you would from the smartphone, as long as your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. Specific apps on your Android phone like Waze Navigation, TuneIn Radio, & Kenwood Music Control can be controlled from the Kenwood receiver without the parking brake engaged. These specific apps will show up on the head unit's touchscreen as large icons for easy selection.
Note: Access to your iPhone and Android smartphone 's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not all Android and Apple iOS apps are guaranteed to be compatible.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/2/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Apps Mode||Pandora||iHeart||Aupeo||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT allows you to access Pandora, iHeartRadio, Aupeo! online music services through your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected iPhone (5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Blueooth-connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone can be connected to the KVT-7012BT via the Kenwood KCA-iP102/103 cable (sold separately), the cable supplied with your iPhone, Bluetooth, or HDMI+Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support be paired via Bluetooth or connected via HDMI+Bluetooth to the Kenwood KVT-7012BT. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The free Pandora App (from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT using your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone. The Kenwood KVT-7012BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station or genre list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Auto: The free iHeartRadio Auto app for Kenwood (from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT using your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KVT-7012BT will provide control over the iHeartRadio Auto app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
- Aupeo! Internet Radio: You can listen to music from the Aupeo! online radio service through the Kenwood KVT-7012BT by downloading the Aupeo! app (form Apple's App Store or Google Play) onto your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+) or your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone (4.0+). From the Kenwood receiver, you can search for stations by Category, "Love" or "Ban" songs, Play/Pause music, or Skip to the next song. Song/artist information and Album Art will be displayed on the head unit's touchscreen LCD.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Presets + Smart Favorites: Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets can be identified as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart & TuneScan.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel. TuneScan plays the first 10 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
- Seek Modes: You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
- Presets: Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The Kenwood KVT-7012BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
- Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
- Disc Auto Reload: The unit will automatically reinsert a disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 60 seconds or more.
- Parental Control (DVD only): Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
USB Port: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only) or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The KVT-7012BT also supports video playback of MPEG1/2/4, H.264, MKV, and WMV video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This head unit's USB port does not support newer MTP and AOA enabled Android smartphones including HoneyComb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, and newer.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||Flash (USB MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 32-48kHz
|MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling frequencies of 44.1kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48 kHz
to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
H.264: 352 x 240, 352 x 288, 720 x 480, 720 x 576 (8.0Mbps)
WMV: 640 x 480 (2. Mbps)
|Photo||N/A||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||254 folders/65,770 files (254 files per folder)||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc or USB device.
Highlight Control (DVD Playback):During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
USB Search Functions: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT offers unique search functions for USB playback.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. Once a category is selected, you can search the contents alphabetically.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with a Signal to Noise ratio up to 90dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KVT-7012BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
5ch/4V Pre-Outs: The KVT-7012BT features front, rear and mono-subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The mono-subwoofer pre-out is non-fading.
DSP: In order to optimize the sound quality, you can use the unit's DSP to set the type of vehicle, speaker sizes & locations, listening distances, and x-over points.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the Delay Time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off
- Listening Position + Digital Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Speaker Location: You can set the location of your vehicle's Front and Rear speakers. The Front speakers can be set to Door, On Dash, or Under Dash. The Rear speakers can be set to Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row, or 3rd Row.
- Speaker Size: You can select the speaker size for your Front and Rear speakers, as well as your subwoofer. The Front and Rear speakers can be set to OEM, 3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", or 7x10". The Subwoofer can be set to 6.5", 8", 10", 12", or 15"+. Select None if you have no Rear speaker or sub.
- X'Over: The head unit features independent Front & Rear high-pass crossovers, as well as a subwoofer low-pass crossover. The Front & Rear high-pass crossovers and Subwoofer low-pass crossover can be set to 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz; slope of -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB per octave (or select Full-Range).
- Sub Control: You can adjust the subwoofer output's Phase (0°/180°) and Level (-50to +10dB).
Note: You can also choose to bypass the head unit's DSP feature.
Equalizer: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (62.5, 250, 1k, 4k, 16k Hz) from -9 to +9.
Note: You can store EQ settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, AV, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood DVD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (1-3 or off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Kenwood KVT-7012BT has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. The rear-panel 3.5mm minijack input also serves as the AV input for your USB-connected iPod/iPhone (using the proprietary Kenwood cable).
HDMI/MHL Input: The In addition to connectivity for iPhone and Android, the head unit's HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device.
A/V Output (w/ Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and stereo RCA audio jacks to output AV signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's A/V output can be set to Disc, AV-IN 1, AV-IN 2, or Off. The volume of the AV output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system. HDMI, iPod/iPhone, and Android sources cannot be output to the second zone.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (sold separately). By connecting a rear view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen LCD to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Auto Switching: The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.4 seconds.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a rear-view camera is connected and you are viewing a rear view image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
23 questions already asked