About the Kenwood Excelon XR1001-1
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Want to join the kilowatt club? Kenwood's Excelon Reference Series XR1001-1 mono amplifier can power your subwoofer with up to 1,000 watts RMS. (That's a real world rating, not that inflated number you find printed on some amps.) An advanced circuit design and upgraded components virtually eliminate noise and maximize sound quality. Even better, the XR1001-1 can fit into many different places in your car because of its incredibly low profile — it's only 2" tall.
Designed for optimum efficiency
Kenwood packed this amp with space-saving features. Class D technology reduces the size of the power supply, while the internal heatsink is tilted to reduce height without compromising the amp's cooling system. Recessed power and speaker wire terminals help to further reduce the amp's footprint, protect the connections, and give your installation a neat, professional look.
Controls for the best bass
This no-nonsense amplifier features low-pass and subsonic filters that select the correct frequencies for your sub so it'll play efficiently and sound its best. The amp also includes an adjustable bass boost that'll add some low-end punch when you want it. A wired remote lets you control the volume of your bass from the front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amp design — frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic (infrasonic) filter (15-40 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- adjustable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- wired remote volume control included
- cooling fan
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (require speaker wire to RCA adapters) feature signal-sensing turn-on
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- 12-9/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XR1001-1
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Three 40-amp mini blade fuses (installed)
- Remote Commander
- Flat washer
- Hex nut
- 20' Remote cable (RJ-14 modular plugs on each end)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (Eng/ Fren/ Span)
- Warranty card
More details on the Kenwood Excelon XR1001-1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||2000 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CTA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood Excelon XR1001-1 is rated at 500 Watts RMS x 1 channel with an 85 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CTA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power: 1000 watts x 1-channel (into 2Ω at 100 Hz, with no more than 1% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power, 4Ω, 14.4V)
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood Excelon XR1001-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Wired Remote Control: The XR1001-1 includes a wired remote control with a 20-foot cable that allows you to adjust the volume of the subwoofer from the cabin of the vehicle.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is much higher efficiency (less heat generated) than Class AB.
Low-Pass Filter: The Excelon XR1001-1 has a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The slope is selectable at -12dB/octave or -24dB/octave. The crossover is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Infrasonic Filter: The amp has an infrasonic filter with a variable frequency of 15Hz to 40Hz, and a slope of -24dB/octave. The infrasonic filter can be turned on or off, as desired.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is centered at 40 Hz; boost is variable from 0 to +18 dB.
Aluminum Heat Sink: The aluminum heat sink increases the amplifier's heat dissipation efficiency, increasing the life of the amplifier.
Signal-sensing Turn-on: The RCA inputs feature a signal-sensing turn-on feature that powers up the amplifier when an input signal is detected. This allows you to connect a factory stereo without line outputs to the amplifier. You will need to splice male RCA connectors onto the left and right speaker wires coming from the stereo, or use a speaker wire-to-RCA adapter.
- Input Sensitivity: Line level: 0.2V-5V; Speaker level: 4.0V-12.0V
- Low-Pass Filter Frequency: 50-200 Hz; continuously variable
- Low-Pass Filter Slope: -12dB/octave or -24dB/octave
- Infrasonic Filter: On/Off
- Infrasonic Filter Frequency: 15-40 Hz; continuously variable
- Bass Boost (40Hz): 0-18 dB; continuously variable
Inputs and Outputs:
- Signal Input: one pair of RCA preamp inputs, accepts line-level or speaker-level input signal
- Preamp Output: one pair of pass-through RCA preamp outputs; used to easily connect a second amplifier to the same signal feeding the amp's input
- Power: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Ground: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 10-gauge
- Speaker Output: two pairs of set screw terminals; accommodates bare wire up to 10-gauge; the two outputs are internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect two subwoofers
- Fuses: three 40 amp ATO blade-type fuses
- Remote Control: RJ-14 modular jack for connecting the
supplied wired remote control
Note: The Power, Ground, Remote Turn-on, and Speaker Output terminals are hidden under a removable panel. The supplied 2.5mm and 4mm Allen wrenches are needed to remove the panel and tighten/loosen the set screws.
The Kenwood Excelon XR1001-1 replaces these items
1 question already asked