About the Kenwood Excelon XR601-1
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Want big bass? Kenwood's Excelon Reference Series XR601-1 mono amplifier can power your subwoofer with up to 600 watts RMS. (That's a real world rating, not that inflated number you find printed on some amps.) An advanced circuit design and upgraded components virtually eliminate noise and maximize sound quality. Even better, the XR601-1 can fit into many different places in your car because of its incredibly low profile — it's less than 2" tall.
Designed for optimum efficiency
Kenwood packed this amp with space-saving features. Class D technology reduces the size of the power supply, while the internal heatsink is tilted to reduce height without compromising the amp's cooling system. Recessed power and speaker wire terminals help to further reduce the amp's footprint, protect the connections, and give your installation a neat, professional look.
Controls for the best bass
This no-nonsense amplifier features a low-pass filter that selects the correct frequencies for your sub so it'll play efficiently and sound its best. The amp also includes an adjustable bass boost that'll add some low-end punch when you want it. A wired remote lets you control the volume of your bass from the front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amp design — frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- adjustable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- wired remote volume control included
- preamp inputs only
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 7"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XR601-1
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Three 30A ATM mini-blade fuses (installed)
- Remote Commander
- Flat washer
- Hex nut
- 20' Remote cable (RJ-14 modular plugs on each end)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (Eng / Fren / Span)
- Warranty card
More details on the Kenwood Excelon XR601-1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CTA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 is rated at 400 Watts RMS x 1 channel with a 78 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CTA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power: 600 watts x 1-channel (into 2Ω at 100 Hz, with no more than 1% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power, 4Ω, 14.4V)
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Wired Remote Control: The XR601-1 includes a wired remote control with a 20-foot cable that allows you to adjust the volume of the subwoofer from the cabin of the vehicle.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is much higher efficiency (less heat generated) than Class AB.
Low-Pass Filter: The Excelon XR601-1 has a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The slope is -24dB/octave. The crossover is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is centered at 40 Hz; boost is variable from 0 to +18 dB.
Aluminum Heat Sink: The aluminum heat sink increases the amplifier's heat dissipation efficiency, increasing the life of the amplifier.
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V-5V (Line level)
- Low-Pass Filter Frequency: 50-200 Hz; continuously variable
- Low-Pass Filter Slope: -24dB/octave
- Bass Boost (40Hz): 0-18 dB; continuously variable
Inputs and Outputs:
- Signal Input: one pair of RCA preamp inputs, accepts line-level input signal
- Power: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Ground: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 10-gauge
- Speaker Output: two pairs of set screw terminals; accommodates bare wire up to 10-gauge; the two outputs are internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect two subwoofers
- Fuses: three 30 amp ATM mini blade-type fuses
- Remote Control: RJ-14 modular jack for connecting the
supplied wired remote control
Note: Access to the Power, Ground, Remote Turn-on, and Speaker Output terminals is hidden under a removable panel. The supplied 2.5mm and 4mm Allen wrenches are needed to remove the panel and tighten/loosen the set screws.
The Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 replaces these items
2 questions already asked