About the Axxess XSVI-6522-NAV Wiring Interface
There was a glitch in one of the shipments of this interface that we received, which we've returned to Metra to be updated. If you notice a weak battery in your car after you install this interface, you'll need to make the update using a USB Micro-B cable and a PC running the updater software from Axxess.
Axxess' XSVI-6522-NAV interface ensures that you can keep the non-amplified factory speaker system in your 2007-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Mitsubishi vehicle when you replace the factory radio. Connect the wires from this interface to the wires on the new stereo's wiring harness, and your power, ground, and factory speaker connections are covered. If your vehicle has steering wheel audio controls and your new car stereo works with a steering wheel adapter, you can plug the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface (sold separately) into this interface's pre-wired harness. That way, you can keep those handy factory controls working with your new radio.
The XSVI-6522-NAV wiring interface retains your Audible Blind Spot Detection system. It also offers the parking brake, reverse, mute, and Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.) outputs that you'll need if you're installing a navigation receiver. If you like your radio to keep playing after your vehicle is turned off, this interface also supports Retained Accessory Power (RAP) which keeps the music going until the door is opened.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
- connect a new stereo to your factory wiring plug and retain Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
- provides connections for parking brake, Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.), reverse gear, and mute for installing navigation receivers
- compatible with non-amplified factory systems or when replacing amplified factory system
- provides 12-volt accessory power connection for new car stereo
- pre-wired harness for Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface (sold separately)
- retains audible blind spot detection if equipped
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XSVI-6522-NAV
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Vehicle/radio harness
- Application/Wiring sheet
More details on the Axxess XSVI-6522-NAV Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The XSVI-6522-NAV radio replacement interface module allows you to replace the factory radio in select 2001-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen vehicles (non-amplified factory system or when replacing amplified system) with an aftermarket head unit.
|Town & Country||2008-up|
Note: The XSVI-6522-NAV interface is designed to be used in these select vehicles without a factory amplified sound system or when replacing the entire factory amplifier system. The XSVI-6522-NAV does not retain your vehicle's factory amplifiers.
Product Features: The XSVI-6522-NAV retains your vehicle's factory R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) and provides accessory/illumination outputs, plus navigation outputs (parking brake/reverse/VSS) for aftermarket navigation head unit installation. In addition, the radio replacement interface supports your factory steering wheel controls via an optional interface module (sold separately). It even retains your vehicle's factory audible blind spot detection system.
- Accessory + Illumination Outputs: There is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The XSVI-6522-NAV is designed to provide a 12-volt, 10-amp switched accessory output (red wire), along with a illumination output (orange/white wire) to make installation simpler.
- Navigation Outputs: The XSVI-6522-NAV provides essential wires required for aftermarket radios that have navigation. VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense), Reverse, and Parking Brake wires are provided. This helps to cut down the installation time, since the installer does not have to look for these wires in the vehicle.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.) function supplies power to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the front doors are opened. This function is retained by the XSVI-6522-NAV interface.
- OEM Steering Wheel Control Compatible (optional): The XSVI-6522-NAV interface features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
- Blind Spot Detection: The XSVI-6522-NAV will retain your vehicle's factory audible blind spot detection system (if vehicle equipped).
Color Codes: Wiring up the XSVI-6522-NAV is like wiring up any other wire harness that would attach to an aftermarket radio's harness. The Metra/EIA wire code can be found on the back of the interface's package that will aid you in the wiring of your aftermarket radio The XSVI-6522-NAV interface contains the following wire leads.
|Gray||Right Front +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front -|
|White||Left Front +|
|White/Black||Left Front -|
|Violet||Right Rear +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear -|
|Green||Left Rear +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear -|
|Navigation||Blue/Pink||VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense)|
|Bright Green||Parking Brake|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked