About the Metra 99-3010 Dash and Wiring Kit
You bought a 2010-up Camaro — great car, but its console makes it impossible to upgrade the factory radio. The Metra 99-3010 dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- or double-DIN receiver in the Camaro's dash panel, while maintaining all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning controls. You'll also retain use of the Onstar® system.
The kit features blue LED-illuminated, soft-touch buttons that let you access all climate controls found in the Camaro, and it's a perfect match for the color, texture, and contours of your dash. The Camaro's heated seats, hazard lights, lock and unlock controls are also retained. Warranty: 1 year.
Installation Note: If you plan on keeping the GM satellite radio tuner and your Camaro does not have a Driver Information Center screen, you'll need to buy a separate dash-mount screen to display satellite radio and iPod info.
What's in the box:
- Radio housing (w/ integrated LCD screen and climate controls)
- Interface module
- 22-pin to 44-pin Camaro harness
- 16-pin Harness w/ stripped leads
- 18-pin to 10-pin HVAC harness
- 4-pin to 4-pin Harness
- SWC harness
- Single-DIN trim ring
- Double-DIN trim ring
- 2 Single-DIN brackets
- 2 Double-DIN brackets
- 2 Plastic clips
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Metra 99-3010 Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra Turbo Kit 2 (99-3010S) is designed specifically for the 2010-up Chevy Camaro (both amplified and non-amplified factory systems). The 99-3010S allows you to replace your GM factory stereo with an aftermarket stereo and retain important factory functions, which otherwise would be lost.
Automotive Install Kit w/ Integrated LCD & Climate Control: The installation kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units (a pocket is included for Single-DIN installations. The kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The blue LED illuminated climate control display and soft-touch buttons let you retain full functionality of your vehicle's climate control system. The kits button layout also retains heated seats, hazards lights, and lock and unlock controls.
Radio Replacement Module: The included radio replacement interface module allows the replacement of the factory radio in your 2010-up Chevy Camaro with an aftermarket head unit. This interface module allows you to retain factory features such as OnStar, Bluetooth, steering wheel control (optional interface required), Aux input, and warning chimes. The interface module also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The 99-3010S is designed to retain this feature.
- OnStar Compatible: The Metra Turbo Kit 2 (99-3010S) is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit.
- Warning Chimes: The 99-3010S OEM integration kit retains your vehicle's factory warning chimes.
- Aux Input: To retain the vehicle's factory Aux input, your aftermarket head unit must have a rear-panel Aux input (male mini to female stereo RCA adapter may be required, sold separately).
- Bluetooth: The Metra Turbo Kit 2 (99-3010S) retains your factory Bluetooth functionality.
- Navigation Outputs: The 99-3010S provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, Mute, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The included wiring harness features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your GM vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (item number 120ASWC1, sold separately).
Optional Vehicle Customization LCD: The Metra Turbo Kit 2 (99-3010S) allows you to change certain factory vehicle customization items when the Axxess XIA-LCD is used (120XIALCD, separately).
Aftermarket Radio Connection: The Metra Turbo Kit 2 (99-3010S) features the following hardwire connections to your aftermarket head unit and factory system.
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Orange/white||Illumination Output (+)|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Green/purple||Reverse Output (+)|
|Blue/pink||VSS (vehicle speed sense)|
4 questions already asked