About the Metra 99-5848CH Dash Kit
Your Ford Edge is a great car, but you want a different radio. This kit will allow you to change your radio while keeping your steering wheel audio controls. The dash kit's built-in 4.2" touchscreen allows you to keep most of your Ford's climate and vehicle customization functions. The interface also keeps your retained accessory power (RAP), SYNC, factory backup camera, and balance and fade controls, while providing the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a NAV receiver.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this kit is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
- charcoal gray dash kit
- includes 4.2" display screen, wiring harness, and antenna adapter
- controls most climate and vehicle customization functions
- retains SYNC, steering wheel controls, factory backup camera, balance and fade controls, and retained accessory power (RAP)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5848CH
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen display (w/ integrated radio replacement module)
- LD-BX-FD3 wiring harness
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FDCAM-12 harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- LD-5847-HAZ harness
- AD-EU1 antenna adapter
- 2 Brackets
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- 2 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5848CH Dash Kit reviews
Installed nicely on my wife's 2011 Edge. Was able to install a Kenwood unit with built-in GPS.
Pros: Allows you to install a double din unit while retaining climate controls.
Cons: Very fragile hazard light switch module. The connector has a very small solder and not supported and could easily snap. Thanks to Crutchfield's awesome customer service, they sent a replacement Dash Kit so I could swap that part that broke.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Looks fantastic in my 2012 edge. Matches dash perfectly. Works very well.
Pros: Looks great Steering wheel controls Retained dual zone climate
Cons: Instructions not very clear if you're new to car audio.
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Metra 99-5848CH Dash Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5848CH includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio (w/ 4.2" screen) in your 2011-2014 Ford Edge with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket. The Metra 99-5848CH allows for installation of your new aftermarket head unit in the upper or lower area of the dash kit.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5848CH includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained. The kit also includes an integrated hazard button and passenger airbag light.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5848CH 's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Ford SYNC: The 99-5848CH will retain the Ford SYNC system (including USB & Aux) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input (a minijack-to-RCA may be required - sold separately). Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions.
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5848CH will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5848CH lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5845B. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5848CH 's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5848CH will retain this factory function.
Note: There is a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video" which will not be used. There is also a multi-pin DIN connector which will not be used.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2011-2014 Ford Edge , there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5848CH is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5848CH provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?