About the Axxess GMOS-045 Wiring Interface
The GMOS-045 interface by Axxess allows you to install a new car stereo, while retaining your vehicle's factory color screen. You'll also keep OnStar (and its Bluetooth features) and the factory backup camera, plus your car's aux input, warning chimes, and Retained Accessory Power (RAP) feature. This interface works in GM vehicles with or without a factory amplifier.
The interface provides accessory power for the aftermarket radio and all the connections you need for a DVD or navigation receiver. The interface also includes a prewired harness for the ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter (sold separately), making it much easier to keep your steering wheel controls. The GMOS-045 is micro USB updatable.
- retains OnStar, Bluetooth, backup camera, aux input, warning chimes, and Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
- plug-in harness for ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter
- retains factory color screen
- supplies accessory power (12V, 10A)
- used in amplified or non-amplified systems
- provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, mute, and speed sense)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GMOS-045
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Vehicle harness
- Radio harness
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Axxess GMOS-045 Wiring Interface
Vehicle compatibility: The Axxess Integrate GMOS-045 allows you to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket stereo while retaining key factory features in select 2010-up GM vehicles.
Amplified & Non-Amplified Systems: The GMOS-045 can be used in the above listed vehicles that have amplified or non-amplified audio systems. The Axxess Integrate radio replacement interface will retain both balance and fade, plus provides gain level adjustment.
Retained Factory Features: The Axxess Integrate GMOS-045 radio replacement interface retains the following factory features.
- OnStar: The GMOS-045 is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit. The OnStar volume level is adjustable through this interface.
- Bluetooth: The GMOS-045 radio replacement interface module will retain your vehicle's factory Bluetooth hands-free phone functionality.
- Factory Color Screen: The Axxess Integrate GMOS-045 will retain your vehicle's factory color screen.
- Backup Camera: The factory backup camera image continues to display on the factory screen. (The composite video jack on this adapter is an input, used to display an aftermarket camera image on the factory screen.)
- Aux Input: The radio replacement interface provides retention of your vehicle's factory aux input. To retain the vehicle's factory Aux input, your aftermarket head unit must have a rear-panel Aux input (male mini-to-female stereo RCA adapter may be required, sold separately).
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The GMOS-045 is designed to retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The GMOS-045 retains your vehicle's factory warning chimes. The volume level of the warning chimes is adjustable through this interface.
Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: The GMOS-045 features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately), when installing an aftermarket head unit with a steering wheel control input.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The GMOS-045 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire).
Navigation Outputs: In addition, the GMOS-045 provides navigation outputs (VSS, Parking Brake, and Reverse) to help ease the installation process of an aftermarket navigation radio.
Wire Code Chart:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Violet||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?