About the Metra ISOPK Screw Pack
Meet Dave Delamere
Wordsmith for mobile electronics, Demo Days dude, and a generally swell guy.
During my 16 years as a Crutchfield Advisor, I helped thousands of customers pick out the right gear for their applications. I quickly learned what kinds of problems they want to solve and what they need to know to get there.
In 2013, I joined the Creative team as a writer for our mobile audio categories. I still pull on those countless hours of conversations with our customers when I'm researching new products.
A few years ago, I began our in-house "Demo Days" project where I regularly set up product demos. These demos give our Advisors even more opportunities to see, hear, and touch many of the home and car audio products we sell. In fact, I often call upon Advisors to help assemble these demos, to add to their real-world installation experience with the gear.
I've always enjoyed playing with electronics and stereo gear — from setting up a stereo system for the after-prom party, to solving some of the A/V issues in our family's home. It never occurred to me that I'd be lucky enough to keep on doing it for a living.
More about Dave
- Started at Crutchfield in 1997
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of car audio and pro audio product presentations
- Is one of our installation experts with hundreds of hours of experience installing car audio systems and setting up home audio/video gear
More from Dave Delamere
Some car stereo installations require you to screw brackets into the sides of the radio, so you can secure the radio inside of your vehicle's dash. This is called an ISO-DIN installation. Some stereos don't include the necessary screws for this type of installation. That's where Metra's ISOPK screw pack comes in handy.
You get eight screws that enable you to secure the bracket to the steel chassis of the car stereo without damaging the electronics inside your radio. The pack includes four 10-24 x 3/8" and four 10 x 3/8" flat head screws. Warranty: 60 days.
- screw package for ISO-DIN installation
- includes four 10-24 x 3/8" and four 10 x 3/8" flat head screws
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISOPK
What's in the box:
- Four 10-24 x 3/8" ISO-mount machine screws
- Four #10 x 3/8" ISO-mount machine screws
It's a screw... It screws things together well
Matthew from HARRISON, TN
What is the reason for the screws? Couldn't you just use the screws that are stock with the car?
I did, in fact, use the screws that came out of the old unit. I put it in a Toyota 4Runner and used the mounting brackets from the old unit, as well.
More details on the Metra ISOPK Screw Pack
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked