About the Axxess LC-CHRC-01 Wiring Interface
You want to replace your factory radio, but you'll lose the warning chimes that help you park. There's a remedy for this: the Axxess LC-CHRC-01 wiring interface retains your Ram truck's parking assist warning chimes, provides 12-volt accessory power, and keeps your aux in jack, factory backup camera, and the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) feature.
Wire up the LC-CHRC-01 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep your factory features intact.
The LC-CHRC-01 includes a prewired harness for Axxess' ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface (sold separately), which allows you to keep your steering wheel controls with most receivers. The interface also provides the outputs you'll need to connect a NAV receiver, including parking brake and reverse. The interface works with non-amplified systems or when bypassing an amplified system. Warranty: 1 year.
More details on the Axxess LC-CHRC-01 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface Module: The Axxess LC-CHRC-01 interface is designed to allow you to replace the factory radio of select Ram trucks with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining many factory features that are normally lost when the factory radio is removed.
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess LC-CHRC-01 is compatible with the following 2013-up Ram trucks (as of 6/20/2017).
|Ram||1500/2500/3500 (small screen option)||2013-up|
|Chassis Cab 3500/4500/5500 (small screen only)||2013-up|
Amplified & Non-Amplified Systems: The Axxess LC-CHRC-01 can be used in vehicles with no factory amplifier, or in vehicles when bypassing the factory amplifier.
Retained Factory Features: The Axxess LC-CHRC-01 retains the following factory features.
- +12V/10A Accessory Output: In these vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-CHRC-01 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of these vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-CHRC-01 is designed to retain this feature.
- Park Assist Chimes: The LC-CHRC-01 retains your vehicle's factory park assist chimes (if equipped) through an onboard speaker in the interface module.
- Aux Input: The LC-CHRC-01 retains your vehicle's factory aux input through its stereo RCA jacks and your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input. You aftermarket radio may require a stereo minijack to RCA adapter (sold separately).
- Backup Camera: The LC-CHRC-01 retains your vehicle's factory backup camera through its composite video jack and your aftermarket radio's camera input.
Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: The LC-CHRC-01 features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately), when installing an aftermarket head unit with a steering wheel control input.
Navigation Outputs: In addition, the LC-CHRC-01 provides navigation outputs (VSS, Parking Brake, and Reverse) to help ease the installation process of an aftermarket navigation radio.
Wire Code Chart:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Blue/White||Amp Turn-On (Fiat 500L only)|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Violet||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked