About the Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03 Wiring Interface
Problem: Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with other audible safety warnings. You want to retain the chime and warnings, but you don't want to keep the factory amp or OnStar®.
Solution: Metra's LC-GMRC-LAN-03 GM Data Bus Interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep all audible safety warnings, without having to spend the extra cash for an adapter that retains features that you aren't going to use.
Wire up the LC-GMRC-LAN-03 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module in a location where the chime can be heard, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This LC-GMRC-LAN-03 interface allows you to keep your factory door chime (needed to keep audible safety warnings functioning) while providing a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. If you do not use a compatible adapter when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use this interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
More details on the Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03 Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess Integrate LC-GMRC-LAN-03 is designed for use in select 2006-2012 GM vehicles with non-amplified factory systems (or when replacing the factory amplified system) and without OnStar.
*The 5th digit of the 2009 G6's VIN must be a J, K, or L.
Retained Features: The LC-GMRC-LAN-03 provides +12V/3A accessory output, retains warning chimes, and retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power).
- +12V Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-GMRC-LAN-01 is designed to provide a 12V/3A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Warning Chimes: The LC-GMRC-LAN-01 retains factory warning chimes through the use of an on-board speaker.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-GMRC-LAN-01 is designed to retain this feature.
Wiring Harnesses: The main interface wiring harness has a white 4-pin female connector on one end and a black 14-pin male connector (9-pins present) on the other end. The 4-pin connector plugs into the LC-GMRC-LAN-03 and the 14-pin connector interfaces with the existing factory plug. The harness also includes 9 bare wires that will need to be hardwired to your new aftermarket radio's harness. There is an second wiring harness (rear speaker harness) with a 16-pin male connector (6-pins present) on one end and six bare wires on other end. The 16-pin connector plugs into your vehicle's factory radio plug, while the bare wires hard wire to your new radio.
|Harness Type||Wire Color||Function|
|Main Interface Harness||Red||+12V Accessory|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Blue/pink||Vehicle Speed Sense|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Rear Speaker Harness||Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
The Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03 Wiring Interface replaces these items
- retains all factory warning chimes, RAP, and audible turn signal indicators in select GM vehicles
- compatible with select vehicles without OnStar
8 questions already asked