About the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX
Want a touchscreen upgrade? You've got options.
Want a touchscreen upgrade? You've got options.
I remember when car stereos had a knob for volume and a knob for tuning. Now I wouldn't dream of having a car without a touchscreen audio system. But not every car has a large enough dash opening for an aftermarket touchscreen receiver. Pioneer's AVH-3400NEX DVD receiver offers a solution. It gives you a motorized and retractable 7" screen in a package that fits in most smaller dash openings, while still offering touchscreen connectivity to your podcasts, streaming music, phone calls, messaging, and more.
The retractable screen angles back slightly, so check your dash to make sure it won't hit anything or block any important vents when it opens.
Seamless smartphone capabilities.
I work with a lot of different car stereos, and Pioneer car stereos have always impressed me with how consistently they deliver a seamless smartphone experience. And depending on your platform, you can plug your phone into this receiver and take charge of a variety of apps for navigation, music, and more from three very cool interfaces.
Apple CarPlay — CarPlay is an iOS user's dream. Plug in your iPhone and you'll access a super user-friendly iOS styled interface that lets you quickly jump into your music, podcasts, messages, streaming music and more. CarPlay's a no-brainer for me — it is absolutely the safest and easiest way to use your iPhone in the car.
Android Auto™ — Your media, nav, phone, apps, and more are organized in a simple, clean interface that gives Android users an easy way to hit the road.
AppRadio Mode+ — Pioneer's AppRadio Mode+ provides additional flexibility when your iPhone is attached, letting you tap into apps like Waze for navigation, and providing easy access to some video content through AppRadioLIVE.
Intuitive, customizable interface
The AVH-3400NEX boasts a bright and crystal-clear VGA display with plenty of customization options. You can set your home screen to display your favorite sources, and then switch between them with just a single touch, letting you pay more attention to the road, and less to operating your stereo.
Spotify and Pandora® control
If you're like me and use streaming services a lot, you'll appreciate how you can control your Pandora and Spotify accounts from the receiver. Just connect your iPhone via USB or Bluetooth, or pair up your Android™ with Bluetooth and you're all set. You can even create new Pandora stations on the fly just by pressing a button.
Bluetooth® wireless command
The AVH-3400NEX is ready to roll with hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from up to five different phones. Plus, with your compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality, using your voice to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages.
If you're on the road all the time, you should consider tapping into the variety of satellite radio with an optional SiriusXM tuner. No matter what kind of music you like, you'll find channels on SiriusXM that will play all your favorites, plus new and old artists that are right up your alley.
The receiver's LCD screen plays DVDs and other video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. You can keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — that sure helps to eliminate strife in the back seat. You'll be able to view video content from your iPod or IPhone with the addition of optional cables. And you can play it safe when you throw it into reverse by plugging in a rear-view camera.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver
- 7" motorized fold-out VGA touchscreen
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- customizable touchscreen interface
- multi-color illumination
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- Waze navigation app compatibility with Android Auto
- AppRadio Mode+ for smartphone integration with Pioneer app
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Siri Hands Free compatible with compatible iPhones
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from flash media
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- works with AVIC-U280 navigation module
- inputs: rear USB port, two rear audio/video inputs (rear RCA, rear minijack), rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- internal amp (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVH-3400NEX
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ motorized-retractable 6.94" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim-ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58" USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angled 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- Four M5 x 6mm pan-head screws
- Four M4 x 3mm pan-head screws
- Two M5 x 3mm counter-sunk screws
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Sheet
Pioneer AVH-3400NEX reviews
If been into car audio since the 70s this head unit blows me away I'm was never satisfied with my car stereos always changing speakers woofers amps I have three amps and two equalizers one for subs and the other for front and rear speakers and this stereo finally hits this right notes the way it separation is the bass the highs.. I have been experimenting my whole life and this one is it.....
1 of 1 found this helpful
The sound quality is really nice. I hear detail I didn't hear before. Just read the specs.
Pros: The screen can be hidden and its touchscreen, Android auto, 4volt outputs and sound adjustments.
Cons: learning curve. ie: navigating thru the menu.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Bought to replace a heavily integrated stock Wiesbaden AM/FM Cassette unit in a 1990 Audi 80. Crutchfield provided great support- furnishing a very much appreciated plug harness, as well as a switching relay for the stock Audi antenna and rear speaker amps. Unit fits perfectly, although there's a lot of wiring which needs to be carefully positioned when installing in dash. I took the car on a 900 mile road trip shortly after the install, and in the process became very familiar with the featureset. Excellent screen for navigation. Integrates well with SIRI. Volume control being a rotary knob is also a plus. Overall, a great sounding, full featured, very adaptable setup. Only feature lacking is HD radio, and it appears Pioneer remedies that in the current line 3500 NEX series... ??
Pros: Excellent sound Controls easy to use while driving Illumination color options to match existing dash lighting Plays FLAC, CDs, DVDs as well as stored music on phone
Cons: Lack of HD radio
0 of 0 found this helpful
I wanted a double-DIN DVD head unit for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-door, but the "modified fit" (i.e. having to make cuts inside the dash to make one fit) concerned me. I'd purchased the previous generation of this Pioneer head unit for another vehicle, so I was pretty familiar with its features and knew it would work well in the Wrangler. The only "issue" I've noticed so far is that the Jeep's harsh ride makes the screen wiggle a little more than I'd like. So I've gotten into the habit of leaving the screen closed - and relying on the remote - unless I need to make adjustments the remote can't perform. I'm using the built-in amp to drive 4 JL Audio C1-525x 5.25" coaxials. They sound better than they did with the factory head unit, but I think I may add an external amp to really get the most out of them. I just have to remember it's hard to get great sound in an open-top vehicle with the speakers pointed in all the wrong directions. Oh well ... it's a Jeep! As always, Crutchfield was a pleasure to work with, and my order arrived very quickly and with everything I needed to do the install in just a couple hours (I had them do the "pre-wiring" with the radio's wiring harness). I also purchased the "black box" that allowed me to retain my steering wheel controls (highly recommended!), although it doesn't allow retention of the factory mic in the roof.
Pros: Lots of features, decent sound, touch screen response is good, good head unit, Crutchfield is awesome!
Cons: Slight wiggle in screen from Jeep's harsh ride - I just keep the screen closed unless I need it to change settings the remote can't do. "Black box" that allows retention of steering wheel controls DOES NOT retain the Jeep's factory mic, so you have to use the one that comes with the head unit.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great product for the price works perfect in my family jeep. Also the one problem I had with unit was answered quickly and efficiently by customer support it was wonderful
1 of 1 found this helpful
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great head unit. Replaced the factory head unit in my 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible. Functionality is excellent and I'm enjoying the CarPlay, Pandora and Spotify features. The cell-phone mike is clear and cuts out noise. Paired with two sets of JL Audio speakers (purchased at Crutchfield) with an existing Kenwood 4-channel amp and Rockford tube sub - the system cranks!
2 of 2 found this helpful
Nice system!! It does everything I wanted. Really like the small detachable face.
Pros: Easy to operate
Cons: Emergency brake wire.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Real plug and play Best customer service ever ??
1 of 1 found this helpful
Overall a great radio. Doesnt allow you to select how to sort music on a thumbdrive. Also, when I first start the car up the display opens then closes then opens again. Wish long names and title's would scroll instead of cutting off.
Pros: Multiple music platforms and apps
Cons: Cant select method to sort music on thumbdrive. If you view by music tags it sorts albums alphabetically instead by track number. Displaying by filename it also messes up album order
1 of 1 found this helpful
Perfect for older vehicles. Single din with a surprise.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Works perfectly. Fits within the factory bracket and screws in using the factory as well
Pros: fits with factory environment, the screen displays high enough and sturdy enough
Cons: sits low and the pop-out can become annoying and slow
1 of 1 found this helpful
I am ??% happy with this stereo system. It cane pre assembled and my husband was able to complete the installation before the day was over. I was please with the sound it produced as I had mediocre sounds before this. I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a in dash stereo . I'm also happy that the front panel can detach to prevent theft. Love it and I couldn't be happier!!!!
Pros: Superb sound In dash Anti theft Great display
3 of 3 found this helpful
When I brought the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX to a local guy for installation, he told me I probably didn't have all the parts I'd need. I was pretty confident I had everything, since I used the chat feature on the website, and spoke to Cosmos. I had everything I needed, and there were no issues with installation! I inherited a 1999 Mercedes Benz S420, which not only had no bluetooth, but it didn't appear there was room for one. This item fit PERFECTLY (just as Cosmos said it would:) and has turned driving that car into a whole new experience! I would highly recommend Crutchfield to anyone looking for stereos for their car. Fantastic customer service; quality products!
1 of 1 found this helpful
Love this product! Looks great, Sounds amazing out of the box and the user interface is super easy to navigate. Very pleased with the Apple Car-Play interface and plenty of hookups for rear video screen, back-up camera and subs. DVD video is crystal clear and streaming is perfect. Great product! Most importantly the blue-tooth audio for phone calls is CRYSTAL clear on my Iphone 8+!!!
Pros: Big Screen, great user interface, easy learning curve, connects to everything! Sounds great out of the box! Easy to install and Bluetooth is crystal clear!!
Cons: None that I have witnessed so far.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Love it easy to use and love that it links to my Spotify . Looks good and sounds amazing
Pros: Easy to use
Cons: Didn't like having to hook up the brake wire to access certain menus
2 of 2 found this helpful
Absolutely perfect, and amazing delivery time on everything I needed
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great product, easy install. Very user friendly
1 of 1 found this helpful
Let it be known that Pioneer is at the top of their product, this stero is the best for my car, and lifestyle.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Worked great in my 1997 F350
2 of 3 found this helpful
Love all the features Crutchfield where very helpful and speed delivery.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Great stereo. Easy to use, even for my 80 yr old dad.
Pros: Great hands free calling. Intuitive user interface.
Cons: Sometimes takes a minute to get synced up, but that might be because of my large music library (15,000+songs).
4 of 4 found this helpful
This could work for my truck, due to its ages. Plus it having only the single din capability. One other thing is, With the kind of speaker system that it will be running. The RCA's would work perfect for the amp. There are to problems that I see here. One the lack of options and two is. I just spent over $350 on the current Stereo that is in my 1998 Chevy S10 Blazer 4 DR. $600 is now out of my price range. I have over $1700 in speakers and Amp at this point.
Pros: It has what I need.
Cons: I just can not handle the cost of the unit.
3 of 136 found this helpful
Amazing stereo. Includes a lot of options to connect accessories, monitors, and multiple input sources. The interface is fast and reliable, and it quickly switches between inputs. Android Auto integration is spot on and works seamlessly. Sound is incredible too - I upgraded from a cheap Soundstream stereo and the difference is incredible, even with the same speaker/amp setup.
18 of 19 found this helpful
4 of 11 found this helpful
I started doing business with Crutchfield back in the early 1980s...yes I am an old fart. I still have an 8-Track mentality. I went back to Crutchfield as I needed the technical support to find the right radio/DVD/Bluetooth/Pandora Stereo for my 20 year old Mercedes Benz. I did need to call for technical support and I was not let down. I found the install to be easier than I thought although the single Din space did scrape my old arthritic hands a bit. The system has worked perfectly since I turned the key on. Why would anyone in their right mind not go to Crutchfield first...does not compute. Thanks, Scott C.
15 of 17 found this helpful
I Like It. Thanks.
0 of 12 found this helpful
Overall a great piece. I really like it. Any of the Cons should not be a deal breaker. Would just be so much better if it also had them. Maybe some of these feature are available, I just haven't figured them out yet.
Pros: -Nice display, great picture -Plenty of features and mostly easy to use -All in one unit. Major Plus. No more Hideaway units -Nice design, looks sharp when installed. -Be able to change background lighting is nice -Being able to have my own picture as screensaver/desktop -Adjustable depth control of the screen, not just tilt. Price
Cons: -USB Portion Unable to delete items from USB from the unit. When switching content from Music, Video, or Pictures it stop what you are already using. Should continue with current operation until selection is made in new media choice. Does not support MKV video. Have to convert to play. Not a big deal -Radio Screen displays old time radio dial. Should have other options or at least be able to remove it. Should be able to mix presets with AM and FM. Not have to change the band. -Bluetooth Should display or read out loud text messages. Not have to be plugged in with Android auto for this feature. -Mic option on screen to do voice to text, not have to activate from phone. -Sound Control EQ, crossover, etc should save settings based on what function you are on. Thins sound differen
15 of 22 found this helpful
After I modified the mount and inner dash, the system looks and sounds great. Only issue is when I open the passenger side door it turns on. Car is a 2013 dodge dart.
2 of 14 found this helpful
1 of 8 found this helpful
I wanted an Android Auto receiver for my Lincoln MKX and it had to be a single din unit. I didn't have many choices and went with the 3400NEX. I encountered some issues with the install but Tech Support helped me clear them up quickly. 1- The Metra kit caused the screen to bind up when opening. I had to remove the Metra side panels and use the Pioneer sleeve and bracket with the Metra Frame. Now, it opens and closes as smooth as silk. 2- I'd plug in my phone for Android Auto and Maps or Waze would not load and the unit would freeze up. The Pioneer worked fine with my wife's Samsung as did my son's Pixel but not my One+. Turned out that the power saving functions on the phone had to be turned off. Waze and Maps now run just fine. So far after a couple of hundred miles, I love the unit. The Nav functions (WAZE & Maps) work great, they're easy to view and voice entry works nicely. Just plug the phone in and the Pioneer takes over seamlessly. Back up camera works great, I'm using the markings provided by the Pioneer (they are very easy to adjust), not the camera's. Again the transition is seamless when you switch to reverse. You can also pop the camera on while travelling. I'm not using either the DVD or Sirius (needs receiver), as the radio streaming works just fine. I'm enjoying the unit and it is working nicely. I did have to make calls to Pioneer, Crutchfield and the result One+ tech support (they were all great), but this appears to be technology not r
22 of 22 found this helpful
More details on the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192kHz)|
Android Auto: The Pioneer NEX receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the NEX receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and your phone's USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple on-screen "card-style" pop-ups that appear just when they're needed. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include:
- Google Assistant: The Pioneer receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Pioneer NEX receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Pioneer receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo.
- Make sure the "USB MTP" setting in the receiver's menu is turned off before using Android Auto.
- Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Click here for more details.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.
Apple CarPlay: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX features Apple CarPlay, the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in the car. The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX supports Apple CarPlay through your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning connector. Your iPhone can be connected to the NEX-series head unit's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and a Lightning-to-USB cable. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music, and access messages through Siri voice control and the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls.
- Maps: Apple CarPlay brings the power and simplicity of Apple Maps to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can even listen to music from your Apple CarPlay device or other connected source device while using Apple Maps. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: Via Apple CarPlay, you'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer head receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Through Apple CarPlay, you can access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Apple continues to add more apps to CarPlay. Current supported apps include (fees may apply) -
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
AppRadio Mode+ (for iPhone & Android): The Pioneer DVD receiver features AppRadio Mode+ for Apple iPhones (iOS 7.0-10.3.3) with Lightning connector and select Android (OS 4.4+) smartphones. AppRadio Mode+ gives you the ability to view and control compatible iPhone and Android smartphone apps from the receiver's touchscreen using a one-cable USB connection. You'll need to download Pioneer's AppRadio app (for Apple iOS 7.0-up / Android OS 4.4+) and the AppRadioLive app (Apple iOS 9.0-up / Android OS 4.4+) onto your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. Once you have downloaded the apps, your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone simply connects to the Pioneer DVD receiver's USB input using the cable that came with your mobile device. Now that the AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps are downloaded, and your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone is connected the DVD receiver, you have access to maps, media, news information, and your events calendar through the receiver's intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Maps: AppRadio Mode+, along with AppRadioLive use the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. Once you select your destination, you'll be guided along your route via an on-screen map and audible voice prompts. Selected destinations can also be sent to popular compatible apps like Navmii or Genius Maps. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews.
- Media: AppRadio Mode+ and AppRadioLive let you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone through the Pioneer DVD receiver. And, you can access over 60,00 internet radio stations from Radionomy. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: In addition, AppRadio One and AppRadioLive keep you up-to-date on the latest news stories, RSS feeds and weather information with Feedly and Open Weather Map. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet.
- Calendar: The AppRadio One and AppRadio Live applications also keep your life organized and makes it easier to stay in touch and have fun. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location.
Android MTP Playback: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA/AAC music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's rear-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist/album information on the receiver's LCD touchscreen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
iPod Direct Connect: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX's rear-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning Apple device or 30-pin iPhone 4S to the head unit. You'll need a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector, or a 30-pin to USB cable to connect your iPhone 4S. The USB connection allows for audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible iPhone or iPod.
- Audio Control: From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. You'll still be able to control your iPod or iPhone from the device's touchscreen too.
- Song/Artist/Album Info: In addition, the head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art.
Note: If there are 10,000 songs or more on your iPod/iPhone, it will require almost one hour to fully populate the song list.
Smartphone Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 5V/1.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone or Android device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 5/24/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Compatible Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||CarPlay||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||AppRadio||Spotify||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Data Plan Required: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi for CarPlay, Android Auto, & AppRadio to function. Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, & AppRadio's online app services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. App services may not be available in all regions.
Bluetooth 4.1: The AVH-3400NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (4.1), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing) w/ Dual Phone Connection: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-3400NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit. An already paired Bluetooth device will automatically re-connect with the head unit when it is in close proximity inside the vehicle. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled smartphones connected at the same time, so you can switch between phones from the head unit's touchscreen, without having to connect or re-connect devices.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The PioneerAVH-3400NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the AVH-3400NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The AVH-3400NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The AVH-3400NEX offers a variety of ways
to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: You can store up to six phone numbers as presets for quicker dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing via Siri: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- Advanced Music Navigation: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the AVH-3400NEX lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). Album Art not supported.
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected to an iPhone (iOS 6.1+) with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for Siri Eyes-Free functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's touchscreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Spotify Online Music Service: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the AVH-3400NEX via a Lightning-to-USB cable or paired via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
- Playback & Search Control: You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: You also get song/artist information and album art on the unit's LCD touchscreen.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List + Presets: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically. You can also store six Pandora Radio preset stations for even easier recall.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Shuffle: You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
SiriusXM 3.0 Ready: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel/Category Lists + Song/Artist/Album Info: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen. You also get station logo identification and album art on the display.
- Category Scan + Instant Replay: During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time. The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Featured Favorites: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix (see below). Featured Favorites are groups of channels that are created by the SiriusXM Programming department allowing to discover new channels. Featured Favorite channels are dynamic and can change often, allowing you to discover new channels.
- TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your SmartFavorite music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of SmartFavorite presets. TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from music channels stored in the current SmartFavorite preset band.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports: You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Compatible Discs: The AVH-3400NEX supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs with a variety of music and video files.
- Direct DVD Search: During DVD playback, you can go directly to a specific Title or Chapter by entering the number using the unit's touchscreen numeric keypad.
- Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-3400NEX.
- Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
USB MSC Playback: In addition to iPod/iPhone & Android MTP playback, the head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC), such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player. The USB port enables playback & control of music (including high resolution Flac files), video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (1.5A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- Music Browsing: Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order.
- Link Play: Link Play allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
- Song/Artist/Album Info: The head unit will display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
8-320kbps; 8-48kHz |
WMA: 8-320kbps; 32-48kHz
AAC: 16-320kbps; 8-48kHz
WAV: 8 or 16-bit; 16-48kHz
FLAC (High Resolution): 16 or 24-bit; 8-192kHz
1920 x 1080/30 fps |
MPEG4: 1920 x 1080/30 fps
MKV: 1920 x 1080/30 fps
MOV: 1920 x 1080/30 fps
FLV: 1920 x 1080/30 fps
WMV: 1920 x 1080/30 fps
DivX: 720 x 576/30 fps
32 x 320 - 8192 x 7680 |
PNG: 32 x 320 - 720 x 576
BMP: 32 x 32 - 1920 x 936
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA-tags, AAC-tags, Flac-tags & Album Art|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192Hz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from disc, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the AVH-3400NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The AVH-3400NEX employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup using either
speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub using
low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level Control (ALC): This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 6 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work with CarPlay, Android Auto, AppRadioLive, Pandora, or Spotify.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, & AppRadioLive are not supported by the video output.
Rear-View Camera Input: The AVH-3400NEX is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. Additional rear-view camera features include:
- Parking Assist Guidelines: The unit also provides four on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle.
- Trailer Towing: You can even select for the rear-view camera to stay on at all times, so you can keep an eye on the trailer you are towing.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U280 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC280, sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
Motorized Clear Resistive LCD Touchscreen: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX features a 6.94" clear resistive LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 (RGB) x 480, for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The clear resistive panel is designed to enhance the visibility of on-screen graphics and images, making them appear clear and crisp. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The angle of the touchscreen display can be adjusted up or down 100° (15 different positions) to meet your viewing needs in the car. It can also be extended out an extra 0.25" to prevent interference with dash controls behind it.
- Favorite Menu: You can register the desired menu items on the AVH-3400NEX's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- Background (Wallpaper): You can select between a variety of preset background (wallpaper) images for the Menu screen and AV operation screen.
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video sources and rearview camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjust color tone), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is), and Trimming (image is displayed across the entire screen with horizontal-to-vertical ratio left as is).
Variable Illumination: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX offers custom illumination for the OSD (on-screen display) and front-panel controls so you can match your vehicle's interior, plus MIXTRAX Illumination for DJ-style illumination in your vehicle.
- On-Screen Display & Front-Panel Custom Illumination: You can adjust the color of the on-screen display; choose between red, amber, green, blue or white. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color for the unit's button illumination to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
- MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Partial Detachable Front-Panel: You can detach the center button section of the front-panel (just below the disc slot) to help deter theft. No case is included.
Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually, automatically or via a timer. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is hardwired to the vehicle's headlight circuit). You can also set a specific time and duration for unit's LCD & button illumination to dim.
Remote Functions: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX DVD receiver includes a wireless remote control and offers steering wheel control capability (adapter required).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-3400NEX includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the DVD receiver and your connected devices. The included remote does offer Bluetooth phone functions.
- Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
18 questions already asked