About the Pioneer GM-DX874
Pioneer's handsome GM-DX874 four-channel amplifier will deliver 100 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, for powerful music that'll make every ride a pleasure. Highly efficient Class D technology keeps this powerful amp running as cool as it looks, and allows for a compact chassis that fits in a lot of out-of-the-way spaces. The frequency response of this amplifier stretches up to 50,000 Hz, so it'll support crystal-clear, Hi-Res playback. Pioneer uses high-grade electronic parts and gold-plated RCA connections to ensure maximum performance.
If you're building a big system in stages, you can use this versatile amp at first to drive a pair of speakers with the front two channels while bridging the rear channels together to power a subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS. Later on, you can get a separate amplifier for your sub, and switch this amp over to run all four of your full-range speakers.
Connections and tuning for all occasions
Speaker-level inputs allow you to install this amp in a factory system with no RCA connections — the amplifier switches its input mode automatically when it detects the high-level signal, eliminating the need to run a turn-on lead to your receiver or fuse box. Built-in high- and low-pass filters let you adjust the sound for your vehicle's interior, whether you're driving speakers or subs.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 125 watts RMS x 4 at 1 ohm
- 300 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- full-range Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz (Hi-Res capable)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (40-500 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- wired remote controls variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 50 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- gold-plated RCA connections
- speaker-level inputs via supplied RCA-type adapters
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- dimensions: 10-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GM-DX874
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Two 8" Speaker wire to RCA input adapters
- Wired Bass Boost Remote
- 16' Bass Boost Remote cable (RJ-14 plug on both ends)
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Two 3/8" Screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual (English/ French)
- Owner's manual (Spanish)
- Warranty information
More details on the Pioneer GM-DX874
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||300 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||2|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 100 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
Other Specifications: (not using the CEA 2006 criteria)
- Power Output:
- 150 watts RMS x 4 into 2Ω (at 14.4 volts, 1 kHz, <1% THD)
- 125 watts RMS x 4 into 1Ω (at 14.4 volts, 1 kHz, <1% THD)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 (bridged) into 4Ω (at 14.4 volts, 1 kHz, <1% THD)
- 250 watts RMS x 2 (bridged) into 2Ω (at 14.4 volts, 1 kHz, <1% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power output)
- Distortion: 0.05% (measured at 10 watts, 1 kHz)
Class-FD Amp: A Class-D amplifier offers higher power in a smaller chassis than conventional Class-AB amp designs. Pioneer's exclusive Class-FD design not only delivers full-range Class-D amplification, but is more efficient than other designs. The result is clear full-range sound in a small amplifier. The compact design provides many installation options.
Channel Layout: The GM-DX874 is a 4-channel amplifier; both halves are bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel. Rather than front and rear, the two sections of the amp are labeled A and B (on both the inputs and outputs).
Auto Turn-on: When using a high voltage speaker level input, a signal sensing circuit will automatically turn the amp on and off along with the source unit. This prevents the need for running a system remote control wire (turn-on lead).
Input Select: The amplifier has an input select switch, allowing you to choose the preferred input mode:
- 4 Channel: A channel and B channel inputs connected
- 2 Channel: only the A channel inputs are connected
Gain Control: There are independent gain controls for the A and B amplifier sections, each is continuously variable from 200 mV to 6.5 V. When you use a speaker level input, the gain control range is from 800 mV to 16 V.
Crossovers: The A and B amplifier sections also have independent crossover controls. Each can be set to Low Pass, High Pass, or Off (Full Range). The rotary frequency controls let you set the crossover point between 40Hz and 500Hz. The crossover slope is 12dB/octave.
Remote Bass Boost Control: The included Remote Bass Boost control module lets you adjust the amount of bass boost (output by the B channels) from the front of the vehicle. The Bass Boost circuit is centered at 50Hz, with a variable boost level of 0 to 18dB. Module dimensions:
- Width: 1¾" (2⅝ including the mounting tabs)
- Height: ⅝"
- Depth: 1⅝" (2⅛" including knob and wiring)
Power: The power and ground connections are set screw terminals that will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the terminals. Pioneer recommends different power and ground wire gauges based on the length of the wire:
- 8-Gauge: up to 14' 9"
- 6-Gauge: up to 23' 7"
- 4-Gauge: up to 37' 5"
Note: The amplifier has two 30-amp fuses installed and Pioneer recommends an 80-amp fuse in-line within 12" of the battery.
Remote Turn-on: The remote connection is a set screw terminal that will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. The included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the terminals.
Speaker Connections: The speaker output screw terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 3mm Allen wrench.
Signal Input: The amplifier has two pair of stereo RCA inputs, labeled Channel A and Channel B. If no line level signal is available use the included speaker level to RCA adapters.
RCA Output: One pair of preamp output jacks provides a convenient way to daisy-chain an additional amplifier without running another set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The output is identical to the A channel input and is not affected by the internal crossover.
1 question already asked