About the JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3
Engineered for performance
Engineered for performance
JL Audio's CP108LG-W3v3 MicroSub enclosed subwoofer system delivers impressive bass without needing a lot of power or taking up much space. This MicroSub handles up to 250 watts RMS, housing one 8" W3v3 subwoofer that offers impressive low end. The enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its driver, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
JL Audio uses state-of-the-art automated woodworking equipment to fabricate the high-quality MDF enclosure with rugged automotive carpeting, a steel-mesh grille, 5-way binding posts, and solid internal wiring. The enclosure is finished and inspected by hand at the manufacturing facility in Florida to ensure that you get the bass that you expect from JL Audio.
Small enclosure, big sound
The specially designed, slot-ported enclosure measures just over 6-1/2 inches thick, so it'll fit just about anywhere. Its flared slot-port design cuts down on air turbulence and keeps your bass rich and clear. You'll enjoy thick low-frequency response from all of your music with this capable enclosure in your vehicle.
- ported enclosure with one 8" W3v3 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- steel-mesh grille
- 4-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-250 watts RMS
- frequency response: 28-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 83 dB
- 18-5/8"W x 11-3/16"H x 6-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93133
What's in the box:
- CP108LG-W3v3 Slot-ported subwoofer enclosure (loaded with one 8W3v3-4 woofer)
- Black metal grille (installed)
More details on the JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way posts|
|Frequency Response||28-250 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||250|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The CP108LG-W3v3 MicroSub subwoofer system is a compact bass solution for the vehicle with limited space. This ported enclosure is loaded with a single, 4-ohm 8W3v3 woofer.
Enclosure Design: The enclosure features top-quality MDF (medium-density fiberboard), constructed using state-of-the-art CNC woodworking equipment, and covered with high-grade automotive carpeting. The driver is protected by a black steel-mesh grille. Internally, the enclosure is equipped with JL Audio's ECL wiring from the woofer to the 5-way binding post connectors. The port and binding posts are on the left side of the enclosure.
- Width: 18-5/8"
- Height: 11-1/8"
- 5-1/8" (enclosure)
- 6-5/8" (including grille)
Flared Port: The enclosure has a side-firing flared slot-port. The flared slot-port design minimizes turbulence and improves fidelity. The port is 1-1/2" high and 4" wide at the opening.
Driver: The 8" W3v3 driver has the following features:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Customizable Trim Ring: The woofer comes with a removable ring made of black ABS plastic which can be painted to match the installation theme and create a personalized look. You can purchase optional grille mesh inserts which are specifically designed to fit into the inner diameter of the trim ring.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked