About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in 2006-up Dodge Ram Mega Cab pickups. It fits behind the driver side rear seat. This Stealthbox® includes a pair of W6v3 10" dual voice coil 4-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 4-ohm mono impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W6v3 10" 4-ohm DVC subwoofers, wired for 4-ohm mono
- fits behind driver side rear seat
- power handling: 300-1,200 watts RMS (600 watts per speaker); 2,400 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94260
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box loaded with two 10" woofers
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: Two 10" JL Audio 10W6v3 subwoofers are loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 4Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 10W6v3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Pole-Vent Airflow Control (PVAC): The bullet-shaped structure inside the pole-vent directs airflow and increases air velocity to effectively reduce voice coil temperature, leading to improved fidelity and reliability.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the 10W6v3-D4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Engineered Lead Wire System: JL Audio's engineered flying lead-wires have carefully engineered entry and exit support structures molded into the terminals and the voice coil collar and are jacketed to further reduce the likelihood of shorting and fatigue. The result is predictable high-excursion lead-wire behavior with long term reliability, and none of the compromises inherent to a woven-in lead wire system (when attached or woven into the spider material, lead-wires can alter the spider's motion, leading to asymmetrical spider behavior).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked