About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2005-up Toyota Tacoma Double Cab pickups. It installs behind the passenger side rear seat. This Stealthbox® includes two W1v3 10" 4-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono. A pair of steel-mesh grilles are included to protect the subs. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W1v3 10" 4-ohm subwoofers (wired for 2-ohm mono)
- installs behind passenger side rear seat
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (300 watts per speaker); 1,200 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94312
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box
- Socket cup set-screw
- Split-lock washer
- Flat washer
- Hex nut
- Fender washer
- 3" x 3" Wax sheet
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofers: Two 10" JL Audio W1v3-4 subwoofers are loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal. The JL Audio W1v3 subwoofers feature an injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear over a long excursion range, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings, thus reducing thermal compression effects and enhancing reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly, assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles, and coil/spider alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
5 questions already asked