About the JL Audio JD1000/1
Power up the bass
Power up the bass
JL Audio's JX Series amplifiers were very popular with our customers, garnishing rave reviews citing their tremendous performance and value. We think their latest JD Series amps will follow in their footsteps, offering superior power and serious features for your dollar. The JD1000/1 mono subwoofer amplifier will send up to 1,000 watts RMS to a sub, so you'll hear and feel the bass roaring like thunder. A variable low-pass filter and bass boost help you tune your sub to fit your system and sound its best. An optional wired remote control lets you turn the sub up or down from the front seat.
The amp includes speaker-level inputs with signal-sensing amp turn-on, along with preamp inputs and outputs, so it's ready to work in virtually any system. Differential-balanced inputs plus JL Audio's NexD™ amp technology keep the signal sounding pure and noise-free at all times.
JD1000/1 connection and control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp design with NexD™ switching technology
- frequency response: 7-500 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional RBC-1 wired remote level control
- preamp inputs and outputs
- differential-balanced inputs prevent noise
- speaker-level input via speaker wire-to-RCA adapters
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 11-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98363
What's in the box:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 2.5mm Hex key
- 3mm Hex key
- Owner's manual
More details on the JL Audio JD1000/1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||7-500 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Amplifier Power Ratings:
- At 14.4 volts: >80 dB S/N, 1%
- 4Ω: 600 watts RMS
- 3Ω: 800 watts RMS
- 2Ω: 1,000 watts RMS
- At 12.5 volts: >80 dB S/N, 1%
- 4Ω: 500 watts RMS
- 3Ω: 650 watts RMS
- 2Ω: 800 watts RMS
Clipping LED: Using a 50 Hz sine-wave test tone recorded at 0 dB reference level (not included), the clipping LED helps you set the gain control to the maximum unclipped level.
Low Pass Crossover: The 12dB/octave low-pass filter is always engaged; it cannot be bypassed. The crossover point is continuously variable from 50-500 Hz.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is variable from 0 to +12dB. The boost is centered at 45Hz.
Protection Circuitry: The JD1000/1's protection circuitry automatically turns the amplifier off if thermal limits are exceeded, a short circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or the input voltage drops below 11 volts.
Wired Remote: An optional RBC-1 Remote Level Control (sold separately) can be added, allowing you to adjust the amp's output level from the front of the vehicle.
- Input Sensitivity: rotary control; used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output; the range of the dial depends on how the Input Voltage switch is set
- Input Voltage: 2-position switch:
- Low: input sensitivity control (gain) range is 200mV-2V; used with the preamp output of typical aftermarket radios
- High: input sensitivity control (gain) range is 800mV-8V; used with speaker level outputs and high output preamps
- Low Pass Crossover Frequency: rotary control; continuously variable from 50-500 Hz
- Turn-on Mode: 3-position switch:
- Remote: use when the source unit has a +12 volt remote turn-on wire (preferred method)
- Offset: the amp reads a small DC signal typical on the speaker level output of factory radios (senses the offset on the left input)
- Signal: detects a midrange speaker level signal on the input; turns off after approximately 30 seconds with no signal
- Bass Boost: rotary control; continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB
- Power: The power, ground, and remote turn-on
connections are set-screw terminals:
- Power and Ground: accept up to 4-gauge wire (4-gauge minimum recommended); the included 3mm hex key is used to tighten/loosen the set-screws
- Remote Turn-on: accepts up to 10-gauge wire (18-gauge minimum recommended); the included 2.5mm hex key is used to tighten/loosen the set-screw
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 80-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with an 80-amp fuse.
- Subwoofer Output Terminals: The subwoofer outputs are set-screw terminals. They accept up to 8-gauge wire (16-gauge minimum recommended). There are two pair of outputs, internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect two subwoofers. The included 2.5mm hex key is used to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
- Signal Inputs: The stereo RCA input jacks accept either preamp or speaker level signals. When connecting speaker level signals, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is useful. The left and right channels are internally summed to mono.
- Preamp Outputs: The stereo RCA preamp outputs pass the signal connected to the RCA inputs, so another amplifier can be added easily. The output is not affected by the JD1000/1's gain, crossover, or bass boost controls. The preamp output signal is buffered to prevent noise.
Note: When the input voltage switch is set to Low, the voltage of the RCA output matches the input; when set to High, the output voltage is attenuated -12 dB.
- Remote Level Control: The RJ-25 connection is used for the optional optional RBC-1 wired remote.
7 questions already asked