About the JL Audio LoC-22
Connects your gear to a factory-amplified system
Connects your gear to a factory-amplified system
Do you want to upgrade the sound of a system that includes a factory amplifier? JL Audio's LoC-22 line output converter can take high-level amplified signals and step them down to the line level needed for your aftermarket amplifier and processor inputs. The onboard active electronic circuitry makes sure that even the most powerful signal's fidelity will remain intact with no loss of bass or added distortions — which happens with some passive line output converts.
High power in and out
The LoC-22's inputs will cleanly accept signals as strong as 40 volts RMS (400 watts to a 4-ohm speaker), so it'll work in almost any system with or without an amplifier. Automatic turn-on means you won't have to run a turn-on lead to the fuse box. An output level control lets you dial the 8-volt maximum output down to lower levels when needed. A clip light tells you when that's necessary.
- 2-channel active line output converter
- designed to work with most factory systems
- 2-channel differential balanced speaker-level inputs
- up to 40-volt (400 watts RMS) power handling
- 2-channel preamp RCA outputs (up to 8 volts)
- variable output level control and clip indicator light
- automatic turn on: signal-sensing or DC offset
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- recommended fuse rating: 1 amp
- dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98413
What's in the box:
- Line output converter
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector (pre-installed)
- 3-Pin Euroblock connector (pre-installed)
- Owner's manual
More details on the JL Audio LoC-22
Overview: JL Audio's LoC-22 is an active 2-channel line output converter designed for applications where attenuation of a high-level factory signal is needed for adding aftermarket amplifiers and signal processors. It features a fully regulated, switching MOSFET power supply and an all-analog circuit design, able to deliver a flat frequency response at any signal level (3Hz - 32kHz, +0/-1dB), without altering the bass response at high levels, like many passive line output converters do.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: Engineered to fight induced cable noise, the LoC-22 features a balanced-differential input design, making it compatible with virtually any analog audio signal. Unlike a conventional unbalanced circuit, where the RCA shield is chassis-grounded, a Differential-Balanced Input circuit measures the center pin of the RCA connector relative to the RCA shield, even when the shield is not connected to ground and the voltages at both conductors are moving relative to ground. Because both the center conductor and the shield see high impedance to ground at the input, a ground loop cannot be formed, as there is no current flow to induce a voltage as noise. Unlike a fully balanced connection, no special cables are required.
High-Level Inputs: The LoC-22 is capable of accepting up to 40V RMS per channel (equivalent to 400W @ 4 ohms), allowing it to easily handle the most powerful factory amplifier outputs. Ideal for both full-range and low-frequency applications, the LoC-22 is capable of outputting up to 8V RMS on the RCA outputs.
Input Load Switch: An onboard dual-range Input Load switch, with choices of 20 kΩ (normal input), and 60 Ω (Low-Z), allows compatibility with most factory amplifiers that employ impedance sensing circuitry to mute channels when a high-impedance load is detected.
Clip Indicator: A specially calibrated, onboard LED Clip Indicator, along with the corresponding Output Level adjustment, makes setting the output levels simple and easy, with either music or test tones.
Turn-On Mode: The LoC-22 offers two automatic turn-on methods via a 2-way selector switch, DC-Offset Sensing and Signal Sensing:
- DC-Offset: This will trigger the unit on or off by detecting a small amount of DC signal (4.5V or higher) on the incoming speaker wires.
- Signal-Sensing mode: An audio signal of 5mV or higher will activate the unit. When the signal drops to 3.5mV or below, the unit will turn off.
Remote Out: A Remote Output terminal is provided for activating outboard amps and processors when the LoC-22 is powered on, with a maximum 100 mA output capability.
Connectors: Input wiring for the LoC-22 is done through two removable Euroblock connectors, with each set-screw receptacle accepting wire up to 16 ga. Outputs consists of a pair of female RCA jacks.
- 3-Pin Euroblock:
- +12VDC Constant power
- Remote Out (maximum 100mA limit)
- 4-Pin Euroblock: Input terminals for L+, L-, R+, R-. If connecting to a factory mono subwoofer, the single set of factory speaker wire gets connected to both sets of input terminals.
- Power Supply Type: Switching, MOSFET PWM, Regulated
- Operating Voltage: 9-16 VDC
- Operating Current Draw: 0.13A @ 13.8V
- Standby Current Draw: < 1.6mA
- Frequency Response: 3Hz - 32kHz (+0dB, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio @ 2V RMS: 118dB (gain at minimum), 103dB (gain at maximum)
- THD+N: 0.01% at 2V RMS (1kHz)
- Remote Output Capacity: 100mA (maximum)
- Input Channels: 2
- Input Type: Differential-Balanced
- Maximum Signal Input Voltage: 40V RMS
- Input Impedance (Switchable):
- 20kΩ (Normal)
- 60Ω (Low Z)
- Turn-On Method: Signal Sensing and DC-Offset
- Output Channels: 2
- Analog Output: Unbalanced stereo RCA jacks
- Maximum Output (Unclipped): 8V RMS
- Output Impedance: 450Ω
- Gain Range: -27.3dB - 3.2dB
- Dimensions: Width - 4.750", Height - 1.250", Depth - 4.250"
33 questions already asked