About the JL Audio XD600/6v2
This amp can power your whole system
This amp can power your whole system
Compact design applies to internal components too
JL Audio's XD600/6v2 amp packs a wallop far beyond what you'd expect from something so small. Proprietary NexD™ amplifier technology allows this compact amp to play your music with true fidelity and impressive impact, without straining your car's electrical system. A cast alloy heatsink and an advanced cooling system keep this amp at optimal temperature, eliminating thermal shut-downs so your music keeps going strong without interruption.
You can set up this amp for just about any system so you'll never outgrow it, no matter how your audio plans may change. It can:
- deliver 75 watts RMS each to 6 speakers;
- drive 4 speakers with 75 watts each and a subwoofer with 200 watts RMS;
- drive separate pairs of tweeters and woofers with channels 1-4, plus power a sub with channels 5 and 6 bridged together;
- or power 3 high-performance speakers or subs with 200 watts each.
Works with almost any vehicle's system
"Differential-balanced" inputs keep the signals clear of outside noise, and allow you to connect this amp to just about any in-dash stereo, even a factory radio. The speaker-level inputs feature two auto turn-on modes so you can readily incorporate this amp into a factory system — no need for RCA connections or a remote turn-on lead. An optional wired remote lets you tweak the volume of one set of channels, two sets of channels, or the entire system from your front seat.
XD600/6v2 connection panel
- 6-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- variable low- and high-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- optional wired remote controls sub or system level
- Class D amplifier design with NextD switching amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle's electrical system
- Advanced Rollback Protection System prevents thermal shut-down
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- high-level inputs — up to 8 volts RMS (about 16 watts)
- DC offset or signal sensing auto turn-on eliminates need for remote lead
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 10-1/4"W x 2"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98605
What's in the box:
- Six-channel amplifier
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Self-adhesive JL Audio badge
- Owner's manual
JL Audio XD600/6v2 reviews
Used this as an upgrade for the factory amp in my 2014 BMW X1. There was a noticeable improvement in impact and clarity over the factory amp, and I was able to eliminate a lot of distortion with the built in crossovers. I have had many car amps over the last 25 years, but this is my first JL amp and I am impressed!
Pros: Runs cool, sounds great.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Easy to install and the size was right to fit under my seat. Sounds great
0 of 0 found this helpful
The name says it all. Clean power to my BMW 5 series factory speakers. Really woke up the system.
Pros: Clean power.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Quick delivery and a great product
0 of 0 found this helpful
I have it in a Subaru Forester under the passenger seat with a Fix82&Twk88. JL C5 650 front, active connection + C2 650x in the rear doors. (8W3v3 with a Blaupunkt amp in the trunk) Very easy to connect, conceal and setup. I used a SMD DD-1 to set the gains, it worked easy. Beautiful sound and good enough power for "normal" listening levels. I liked it so much that I will soon change my small old Blaupunkt 275pnp amp for the XD300/1v2 on the sub...
Pros: Compact design, efficient power Flexible 6 channles Great sound quality
0 of 0 found this helpful
I have bought 2 of these amp in the past 3 years for two different vehicles, and have never had any issues with them, they are just great amps
2 of 2 found this helpful
A small but powerful, and clear amp! If you're looking for multi-component flexibility in a small footprint, this amp is for you! JL Audio has always had a solid and reliable product line. I'm very happy with this amp.
Pros: Small size, clear sound, easy hookup.
Cons: About the only thing I can see as a con is the amp requires external fuses as there is no onboard fuse.
4 of 4 found this helpful
PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR ULTIMATE CAR SYSTEM. WOULD YOU USE SUB-STANDARD EQUIPMENT? WHY SETTLE FOR LESS. DONT DENIED YOURSELF THE BEST CAR AUDIO EQUIPMENT IN THE BUSINESS.
Pros: you get your money worth!
Cons: DO YOU GET ANYTHING WORTH SOMETHING FOR FREE!!!!
3 of 14 found this helpful
An awesome amp that is powering two audiofrog tweeters and four audiofrog coaxial speakers. They all run on 75 watts RMS so they match perfectly. Another great thing is that the amp is very adjustable. I already had a JL 10-inch w6v3 woofer in my trunk and loved the high quality build and the amp is definitely built of the same way.
Pros: 6 channels Highly adjustable Build quality Very powerful for its size
6 of 7 found this helpful
This amp delivers excellent performance from a compact package. I'm impressed by how easy this was to swap in and get set up. It was very quick getting the sensitivity, high pass, and low pass set across all channels. I really appreciate that all of the wiring comes out of one side and that it looks very clean when the wiring is tightened down and the cover is put on.
Pros: Compact, Looks great
Cons: More expensive than buying two separate amps to get the same job done
3 of 3 found this helpful
Very good amp. Lots of power, clean, and excellent for German cars. The size is especially useful for concealing during installation.
Pros: Great power, great size, and very clean sound.
Cons: None encountered.
2 of 3 found this helpful
Amazing product by an incredible company, this amp can do everything and do it well!
Pros: Runs my entire system with ease
1 of 2 found this helpful
I am very happy with the JL Audio XD600/6v2. It replaced a Helix B Five in my Mercedes Benz E550. The amp is extremely clean, no distortion, and the sound is organic (natural). I am a drummer so I know what zildjian cymbals sound like. I also know what bass guitar, lead guitar and piano music sound like in their natural state. This amp only amplifies the music; It does not add any color to it. Between you and the speakers, there is only music and silent space (Wha!). Ok, enough said. You will not be disappointed with this amplifier. Powerful, clean sound in a small footprint. My OEM speakers (Harman Kardon) never sounded this good. It is definitely on par with the Helix B Five that it replaced.
Pros: Clean sound quality (which is the only reason to buy an amp). Channel groups are independently configurable (Full, High Pass, or Low Pass), and it comes in a small footprint which makes installation easy.
13 of 14 found this helpful
This amp is way better than the stock amp, you can get more bass and sound out of your stock speakers with this amp I'm running the new rockford fosgate t3-bmw underseat subwoofers in my 07 bmw e90 now and it thumps way more
Pros: Big upgrade from stock, you can power all 6 speakers and add a additional amp and subwoofer with technics pnp harness
Cons: Expensive and the technics harness is around 100 bucks
5 of 6 found this helpful
Pros: Meets all your needs
1 of 5 found this helpful
Great amp in a compact size. I like that the connections are all on one side. I like the clamps the way they contact and tighten down the cables. It is easy to set the input gains with a volt meter. And I like that I can bridge a combo of channels. It weighs quite a bit for a small package. More than a Helix combo amp/dsp that I had tried out. Overall, an excellent product, which I will be buying again with a second vehicle's audio installation.
Pros: compact size, all connections on one side, quite heavy for a small package, easy to set input gains, and can bridge channel pairings.
Cons: None that I've noticed so far.
5 of 5 found this helpful
I ordered my M235i with the HK premium system - big mistake. Underpowered & over-processed amp/DSP. I knew an amp upgrade would solve some the big problems. I've had JL Audio amps in the past & they've always produced great sound and are super-reliable. I needed a 6-channel amp that was compact as there is little room in the M235i for upgrades & I did not want to use any trunk space. This amp fits in the stock location just fine. Better yet - it produces clean, powerful sound, massive, noticeable improvement with the stock HK speakers, and even the under-seat woofers. I expected great results but this amp exceeded my expectations. Easy to install (buy an amp install kit!) flexible and Clean Clean Clean. You can't go wrong with this amp. Thanks JL Audio for the perfect solution & such a great product! (Just an FYI - you will need to get amp wiring harness and Active Sound bypass harness through members of the Bimmerpost forums. Imagine if Crutchfield made these... hmmmm....)
Pros: Compact (yes, it fits the BMW M235i, Crutchfield!) Clean, powerful sound Highly flexible Easy install Solid construction FAIR PRICE!
6 of 6 found this helpful
Easy to install and sounds great. Actually installed this using just industrial strength velcro in my BMW E93. Worth every penny.
Pros: Sounds great
Cons: Not cheap but you pay for quality!
2 of 3 found this helpful
I bought this amp to replace the factory BMW amp in my 328. Using a custom harness I bought from a guy on the BMW forums I was able to splice into the factory system pretty easily and have it mounted in about 15 minutes. The car has 2 under-seat 8" woofers, then the two door speakers and tweeters and the rear speakers. Since this amp has balanced input/outputs I was able to provide front and rear input and drive all of them. Simple. The sound quality over the stock amp is night and day difference. It's JL Audio...need I say more? I have yet to replace the door or rear speakers, but the amp provides such good, clean power that it makes them sound like a quality replacement. Not to say that I won't replace them, but that the amp is that good.
Pros: Clean sound, compact size, 6 channels
13 of 15 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio XD600/6v2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 6 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||12-22000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
XDv2 Series: The JL Audio XDv2 amplifiers feature big audio performance from a small footprint. With advanced NexD switching technologies, the XDv2 amps exceed 80% efficiency, running cooler than most other amplifiers. The Advanced Thermal Rollback System gives you increased reliability and better audio performance by virtually eliminating thermal shut-down. Because the XDv2 amps employ smaller cast alloy heat sinks, they can be installed in smaller spaces. XDv2 amplifiers feature a black powder-coat finish with a brushed aluminum cover for the controls.
Six-channel Class-D Amplifier: The XD600/6v2 is a Class-D 6-channel amplifier, designed specifically for full-range operation for 6 channels, but can be used to power up to 3 subwoofers. The amplifier is stable down to 2 ohms. Each pair of channels can be bridged to drive a subwoofer (4 ohms) as well.
Amplifier Rating: The XD600/6v2 is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 6 channels at 4-ohms (20 Hz to 20 kHz), Signal-to-Noise Ratio of >104 dB (at rated power), 1% THD, @14.4 Volts. At 2 ohms, the rated power is 100 Watts RMS x 6, and bridged at 4 ohms, it outputs 200 Watts RMS x 3.
Advanced Rollback Protection: The XDv2-Series amplifiers employ advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to virtually eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. Should any XDv2-Series amplifier ever overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the XDv2 amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: The XD600/6v2 features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation.
Note: You will need a Speaker Wire to RCA adapter (sold separately) for each pair of inputs to connect this amplifier to your head unit via speaker level.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There is a single multi-color LED on the top panel of the amplifier to indicate the amplifier's operating status.
- Flashing Green: When the LED is flashing green, the amplifier is powering up and audio output is muted.
- Constant Green: This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Constant Red: This Red LED lights to indicate that the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a self-protection mode, which reduces the power output of the amplifier. The red light will shut off and the amplifier will return to normal, full-power operating mode if the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level.
- Constant Amber (Yellow): The Amber (Yellow) LED light indicates that an over-current condition has occurred and is accompanied by a muting of the amplifier's output. Over-current condition can be caused by a speaker impedance lower than the optimum load impedance range for the amplifier or a short-circuit in the speaker wiring.
- LED Off: The only condition that will shut down an undamaged XD600/6v2 completely is if battery voltage or remote turn-on voltage drops below 10 Volts. The amplifier will turn back on when voltage climbs back above 11 Volts.
Cooling System: The outer shell of the JL Audio amplifier is designed to remove heat from the amplifier circuitry. For optimum cooling performance, this outer shell should be exposed to as large a volume of air as possible. Enclosing the amplifier in a small, poorly ventilated chamber can lead to excessive heat build-up and degraded performance.
Control Panel Cover: The XD600/6v2 features a brushed aluminum Control Panel Security Cover which protects and hides the amplifier's controls. When installed, the cover ensures that the amplifier's settings are not accidentally changed while creating a clean aesthetic look for the amplifier and your installation. The control panel security cover is pre-installed at the factory and must be temporarily removed to access the amplifier's controls. The security cover is secured by two 2.5mm hex-head screws.
Simplified Gain Setting: This XDv2 Series amplifier makes setting the gain level of the amp via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter and a CD Test Disc with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofers, 1 kHz for a midrange application). Each pair of inputs has a separate Input Sensitivity control.
Flexible Input Section And Active Crossover Network: The XD600/6v2 amplifier provides a flexible input section and a comprehensive crossover network to fine tune your system effectively and accurately. This 6-channel amplifier is divided into three separate sections (CH1&2, CH3&4, and CH5&6), each with their own crossover:
- Filter: Each stereo pair is equipped with a 12 dB/octave Butterworth filter which can be configured as a low-pass (LP) or high-pass (HP) filter, or defeated (OFF). You can set the Filter Mode via a three-way switch.
- Filter Frequency: Each filter frequency can be selected using their respective rotary control. The control has forty detented positions for selecting the precise frequency you desire. There are markings at 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 200Hz, and 500Hz, plus there is a chart in the Owner's Manual with the exact cutoff frequency for each detent. You'll need a small screwdriver (not included) to set the frequency.
Turn-on Options: The Turn-on Mode Switch lets you choose the method for turning the amplifier on and off:
- +12V Remote Turn-on Lead: The preferred method for turning the amplifier on and off is by running a turn-on lead from the source unit and connecting it to the Remote terminal. When +12V is present at the terminal, the amplifier will turn on. When the +12V is turned off, the amplifier will shut off. The set screw connector on the Remote terminal will accept 18 AWG to 12 AWG wire.
- DC Offset-Sensing: The amplifier will turn on and off when the presence of a very small DC signal (or offset) is detected on the amp's RCA left channel input. The amplifier will turn off when this DC Offset is no longer present. This method is designed for high-level (speaker-level) input signals, not for low-level (line-level) signals.
- Signal-Sensing: The amplifier will turn on and off by detecting the presence of a full-range audio signal at the left-channel input. The amp will turn off approximately 30 seconds after the audio signal is no longer detected. This method is designed for use with high-level (speaker-level) input signals and not for low-level (preamp level) signals.
Note: When the DC Offset or Signal Sensing turn-on methods are being used, the amp's Remote terminal can be used as a remote turn-on output for other amplifiers or accessories in the system.
Additional Controls: In addition to the Input Sensitivity, Filter Mode/Frequency, and Turn-on Mode controls, the XD600/6v2 has the following controls under the control panel:
- Remote Level Mode: You can assign the operation of the connected HD-RLC to the entire amplifier (ALL), Channels 3 through 6 (3-6), or just Channels 5 and 6 (5&6).
- Input Mode: The Input Mode switch lets you send six discrete channels into the amplifier, or use only two or four channels to feed all six amplifier channels. You can set the Input Mode to 2 CH, 4 CH, or 6 CH.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: This JL Audio XDv2 amplifier features set screw clamp terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening or loosening the set screws.
- Power and Ground: The amplifier's set screw clamp Power and Ground connections are designed to accept up to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The amplifier's set screw clamp turn-on lead will accept 18 to 12 AWG wire.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50 amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio XD600/6v2 features 12 set screw clamp speaker terminals; a positive and a negative terminal for each of the six channels. The terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire.
Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features three sets of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs with an Input Voltage switch. For preamp level signals, the switch should be set to LOW. For speaker level signals, the switch should be set to HIGH. The rotary Input Sensitivity gain control can be set the amp to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's input voltage range is 200mV-2V (LOW) and 800mV-8V (HIGH).
Note: The XD600/6v2 does not offer preamp outputs.
Remote Level Control: The amplifier features a standard RJ-14 telephone connector for adding the optional wired HD-RLC Remote Level Control (sold separately). The Remote Level Control lets you control the volume of the XD600/6v2 from the driver's seat.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked