About the JL Audio MLC-RW
A compact LED light controller
A compact LED light controller
JL Audio's MLC-RW lighting controller works with your JL Audio LED speakers to give you total control over the light show on your boat. This compact, two-piece unit fits almost anywhere and lets you choose from fixed lighting colors or control the color and intensity of the lighting.
Use your phone
You can control the LEDs using the rotary encoder or you can control the lighting with your phone, using the built-in Wi-Fi connection and the LiteWave app you download to your compatible smartphone.
The MLC-RW produces up to 30 amps, which is more than enough to power an ambitious light system. It's equipped with plenty of onboard safety features, too, including automatic over-current and short-circuit protection, plus voltage and temperature monitoring.
- works with your JL Audio LED speakers
- control fixed lighting colors or control the color and intensity of your lighting
- compact two-piece system installs almost anywhere
- produces up to 30 amps (400 watts) of continuous output
- built-in over-current and short-circuit protection
- built-in voltage and temperature monitoring
- made for marine and off-road use
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99816
What's in the box:
- Controller module (attached 8" bare-ended wires and 21" rotary encoder cable)
- Rotary encoder with integrated mount and attached 12" cable
- Two 1-1/2" screws
- Two 1/2" screws
- Owner's manual
More details on the JL Audio MLC-RW
Overview: The JL Audio MLC-RW is an advanced controller for operating RGB LED lighting circuits. Incorporating PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology and high-capacity circuitry, the MLC-RW can produce up to 30 amps (400 watts) of continuous output power for powering most any multi-LED network (sold separately).
Rotary Encoder: The MLC-RW features a dash-mountable rotary encoder for operating and adjusting the LED lighting (sold separately). The encoder features a continuous rotary control with push-button functionality. A multi-colored LED indicator inside the rotary control is provided for easy reference to the Mode or function currently being accessed.
- Mounting: The rotary encoder includes its own mounting bracket for attaching it underneath a dash or console; it can also be panel-mounted by removing the mounting bracket and using the threaded locking collar to secure it in place (a 1" diameter hole will need to be drilled for this type of mount).
- Functions: Powering On/Off, changing the Color Spectrum, adjusting the Brightness and Color Cycle rate. It can also be used to reset the built-in WiFi function.
WiFi: Control of the MLC-RW can also be done from your compatible smartphone using the LiteWave ITI app, available from the Apple App and Google Play Stores. After downloading the app, the smartphone can then connect to the MLC-RW's network ("LiteWave_xxxx", default password is: password). When the app is launched, the lighting control can then be configured and operated via the app.
Safety Features: The MLC-RW includes built-in safety features, including over-current and short-circuit protection, as well as voltage and temperature monitoring.
Connections: Two wiring bundles, permanently attached to the MLC-RW, provide all the connection points:
- Power Wiring:
- Yellow: +12VDC input. A fuse (not included) should be installed on this line, near the power source, that's appropriate for the total current draw of the attached LEDs (up to 30A).
- Black: Chassis ground
- Illumination Wiring:
- White: Main RGB LED +12VDC output (+)
- Red: Red RGB LED negative (-)
- Blue: Blue RGB LED negative (-)
- Green: Green RGB LED negative (-)
- Output Capacity: 30A Continuous (400W)
- WiFi Band Compatibility: B, G, N
- Auto Protection Modes: Over-current, Short-circuit
- Monitoring Modes: Voltage, Temperature
- Operating Voltage: 10 - 17.6VDC
- Operating Temperature: -4˚F - 167˚F
10 questions already asked