About the Sennheiser GSP 500
A sound competitive choice
Sennheiser uses their signature dynamic drivers to deliver textured, powerful sound.
A sound competitive choice
When video games cross over from a time-consuming habit to lucrative career, the true professionals start taking their gear more seriously. That's where the open-back Sennheiser GSP 500 headset comes in. Sennheiser is one of the biggest and best names in headphones, and make some of my personal favorite over-ears.
Their finely tuned drivers deliver detailed sound that allows serious gamers to pick up on spatial and directional cues — the stuff that can give you an edge over an opponent. And the open-back design allows for a spacious soundstage. You get a true sense of place within the sophisticated soundtracks of today's video games.
Professional gamers need to wear their headsets for extended periods of time. So Sennheiser designed the GSP 500's headband to relieve the stress on your head and ears. It uses a two-axis hinge system that allows you to adjust and customize the fit.
They've added memory-foam padding to the earcups and headband, and lined them with soft, breathable fabric. And along with the sonic advantages of the open-air design, their increase airflow keeps your ears from overheating.
Convenient communication and control
There's a volume dial on on the right earcup and there's an attached noise-canceling mic for clear communication with online teammates. You can flip the boom arm up to quickly mute the mic.
- over-ear, open-back design provides spacious sound
- increased airflow helps keep your ears cool
- drivers tuned to deliver detailed, accurate sound
- Sennheiser's "Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement" (E.A.R.) design helps provide directional and spatial awareness cues
- attached noise-canceling mic
- raise boom arm to mute the mic
- volume control and mute button on right earcup
- adjustable headband with 2-axis hinge system for proper fit
- breathable fabric earpads filled with memory foam
- two detachable cables:
- 8-1/4 ft. cable with two 3.5mm miniplugs (for headphones and mic)
- 5 ft. cable with single 3.5mm miniplug
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz
- impedance: 28 ohms
- sensitivity: 107 dB
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 507261
What's in the box:
- Over-ear gaming headset with boom microphone
- 8' GSA 505 PC cable (2.5mm sub mini plug on one end and two 3.5mm mini plugs on other end)
- 54" GSA 506 Console cable (2.5mm sub mini plug on one end and a right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Surround Sound reborn promo card
More details on the Sennheiser GSP 500
Overview: The Sennheiser GSP 500 is a premium gaming headset that gives you an immersive gaming experience. It features an open acoustic design for added spatiality. The GSP 500 features a new dual-axis metal hinge system, with an adjustable headband to give you a comfortable fit for hours at a time. The noise-canceling boom microphone has a bendable arm for perfect adjustment. The GSP 500 comes with interchangeable cables to support multiple platforms.
Note: Some Xbox One users may also require the Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset adapter.
Earcup Design: The GSP 500's over-ear headset features breathable soft ear pads. The open design of the ear cup also helps to keep your ears cool, even during long gaming sessions. The large, integrated rotary volume control, located on the right earcup, gives you easy and fast sound level adjustment at your fingertips.
Noise-canceling Microphone: The built-in broadcast-quality microphone features advanced noise-canceling to filter out background noise so you can hear instructions and game talk clearly. The bi-directional mic has a wide frequency response (10-18kHz) and a high sensitivity rating (-47 dBV/PA) for crystal-clear communications. The microphone is on a 6" boom that can be rotated so you can position it as you like. You can swing it up and out of the way when you're not using it. Raising the boom to the upright position automatically engages the microphone mute. The boom is flexible to allow you to adjust the proximity to your mouth.
Connections: The GSP 500 comes with two interchangeable, fabric-covered cables that support multiple platforms. The 8' GSA 505 PC cable has dual 3.5mm plugs for the microphone input and headphone output on your PC or Mac. The 4.5' GSA 506 Console cable features a right-angled, 4-conductor 3.5mm plug for your PS4, Xbox, and other game consoles with a 3.5mm input jack.
- Frequency Response (Headphones): 10Hz - 30kHz
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 10Hz - 18kHz
- Impedance: 28Ω
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 107 dB SPL @ 1 kHz, 1V RMS
- Microphone Sensitivity: -47 dBV/PA
- Ear Cup Dimensions: Width 3.342", Height 4.518", Depth 2.474"
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked