About the Sennheiser HD 559
Learned from the best
When I spoke to Sennheiser's legendary headphone designer Axel Grell, he told me that the company uses their super-premium models (like the flagship HD 800 S headphones) to inform the design of all of their headphones. You can certainly hear it with the HD 559 open-back headphones. They deliver the company's familiar wide-open soundstage and detailed, yet-smooth mids and highs. There's also quite a bit of bass for a set of open-back headphones — a category that Sennheiser popularized decades ago, and an area where they continue to innovate.
- over-the-ear, open-back design for spacious sound
- 38mm drivers tuned to deliver deep bass
- Sennheiser's "Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement" (E.A.R.) design sends audio signals directly to your ears
- padded headband and large, soft velour earcups
- detachable 10-foot cable with 1/4" connector
- frequency response: 14-26,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 108dB
- impedance: 50 ohms
- weight: 9.9 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 506828
- Snug fit
- Firm padding (earcups)
- Good for focused listening
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 10' Cable with 1/4" (6.3mm) plug (attached to headphones)
- Safety Guide
More details on the Sennheiser HD 559
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.542" x 4.531"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||14-26k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The new Sennheiser HD 5 series of headphones feature a contemporary design with a soft, padded headband and ear cups. Featuring Sennheiser's proprietary transducer technology and E.A.R. (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) design, the HD 5 series headphones deliver excellent sound quality from your home stereo system. The HD 559 model has a detachable 10' cable with a 1/4" (6.3mm) plug.
Open Back Design: The HD 559 headphones feature an open back design that lets you be a part of your listening environment. Sennheiser's E.A.R. technology directs the sound directly to your ears to give you a natural sounding listening experience, similar to listening to well-placed loudspeakers. The high-end transducers used in the HD 5 series delivers deep, satisfying bass with clean, smooth mids and highs.
Stylish: The elegant look of the HD 559 is highlighted by the large soft padded detachable ear pads with comfortable black velour. The wide padded headband adds to the overall comfort.
- Frequency Response: 14Hz - 26kHz
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Sound Pressure Level (1 kHz/1 Vrms): 108dB
- THD (1 kHz/100dB): <0.2%
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked