About the Sennheiser RS 195
Hear movies and music with customized clarity
Hear movies and music with customized clarity
The RS 195 includes a comfortable pair of over-the-ear headphones and a wireless transmitter. It has several listening modes and sound boosts to compensate for personal hearing needs and preferences (remote not included).
If you have trouble hearing movie dialogue or tend to crank up your home audio system until those around you cry "uncle," the Sennheiser RS 195 wireless headphone system can help. It includes several listening modes that address specific hearing needs. Select dedicated presets to boost speech, suppress annoying loud noises, and compensate for quieter television scenes. A dedicated music mode lets you use your customized listening profile to make the most of your tunes.
Connect the included wireless transmitter to your TV or stereo's optical digital or analog output, put the headphones on, and listen. Roam around the room freely and control your own volume. You'll enjoy sound tailored to your own ears.
Plush padding and earcup buttons for easy control
Comfort is important when choosing any headphones, but especially those used for extended listening sessions. The RS 195's headset features thick padding on the headband and earcups, so you can enjoy its crystal-clear sound for long periods. If you need to adjust the volume, don't worry — you won't need to get up or mess with the TV remote. There are built-in volume buttons on the right earcup, along with a button to scroll through the different listening modes.
Huge wireless range and rechargeable headset batteries
Need to run to the fridge, and don't want to miss a beat of music or a line of dialogue? Sennheiser's wireless link technology gives you a listening range of up to 328 feet. The headset and transmitter are paired at the factory, so there's no need to do it yourself. The headphones are powered by "AAA" rechargeable batteries (included). With the batteries inserted, just hang the headphones atop the transmitter and charging will automatically begin. You'll get up to 18 hours of use with a full charge.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design helps keep out external noise
- included wireless transmitter delivers high-quality audio to the headphones
- transmitter features an optical digital (Toslink) input and 3.5mm stereo minijack input for connecting from your TV or audio system (cables included)
- wireless range: up to 328 feet (line of sight)
- includes several listening modes and sound boosts to compensate for personal hearing needs and preferences
- music listening mode increases the dynamic range to preserve sound quality at higher volumes
- adjustable balance control for left/right ear volume
- multi-receiver mode enables two people to listen to the same source (requires additional compatible headset)
- transmitter also serves as a docking station to recharge the headphones
- battery life: up to 18 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- volume controls and listening mode controls on headphones
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- includes multi-country AC adapter for powering the transmitter
- 59" optical digital cable included
- 78" stereo mini cable included
- frequency response: 17-22,000 Hz
- headset weight: 11.9 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 505565
What's in the box:
- HDR 195 Over-the-ear wireless headphones (black)
- TR 195 transmitter
- NT9-3AW AC adapter with attached 68" DC output cord (DC Output: 9V 300mA)
- 4 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK / Australia)
- 2 "AAA" rechargeable batteries (1.2V 820mAh)
- 5' Optical digital cable (Tos-Link connectors on each end)
- 7' Audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- Instruction Manuals on CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Brief Instruction Manual
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
More details on the Sennheiser RS 195
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 195 Digital Wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 195) and a radio frequency (RF) transmitter (TR 195). The system is designed to enhance the sound of your TV or your home audio source, and to give you the freedom to walk around your home with the headphones on.
Wireless Headphones: The HDR 195's wireless headphones feature a circum-aural (around-the-ear), closed design to significantly reduce background noise. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, and mode. With the batteries installed, the HDR 195 headphones weigh approximately 12 ounces.
TR 195 Transmitter: The transmitter connects to your television's or audio system's audio output via the included 3.5mm cable or optical digital cable (supports 2ch PCM only). You can switch between the two inputs with a provided toggle switch. The audio is transmitted on the 2.4 GHz band (2.40 to 2.48 GHz) with 8-FSK Digital modulation. The extended transmission range is approximately 328 feet (100 meters) without obstructions. (Typical performance with obstructions will be somewhat less.) The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt DC power supply/AC adapter. Adapter plugs for the US, Europe, UK, and Australia are provided, allowing for use in other countries. The transmitter doubles as a convenient charging cradle for the headphones. Transmitter dimensions: 4.96"W x 9.264"H x 3.96"D.
Listening Modes: The RS 195's transmitter features three listening modes for tailoring the sound to your individual preferences. By pressing the Mode button on the transmitter or the right ear cup on the headphones, you can select Normal, Speech (for clearer dialogues), or Music (for increased dynamic range for music).
Personal Hearing: The RS 195 wireless headphone system can be used to enhance your hearing. The Personal Hearing feature offers seven hearing profiles, each with different sound optimizations and hearing profiles. You can select the profile that works best for your personal hearing experience, using the rotary dial on the front of the transmitter (marked A through G), or pressing the Mode button on the headphone's right ear cup.
Balance Control: The left/right audio balance can be adjusted by turning the rotary balance control on the front of the transmitter.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the transmitter. Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode. If the headphones are outside the transmission range or switched to off for more than 5 minutes, the transmitter automatically switches to standby mode.
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 117dB at 1kHz, 3% THD
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% at 1 kHz, 100dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 100m (328')
1 question already asked