About the Sony HT-S350
Better TV sound at a great price
Better TV sound at a great price
Our customers loved the value they got for the money with the previous model of this system, and the new HT-S350 appears to continue that trend, but in a more streamlined package. It will offer a significant improvement over your TV's built-in speakers, and it includes a wireless subwoofer for added bass. Plus it has built-in Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream your favorite content to it.
Sony's virtual surround sound technology puts you at the center of the action regardless of your room's size or shape.
Easy, flexible setup
This sleek sound bar connects to your TV with one cable and looks great whether it's wall-mounted or sitting on a stand. And that included wireless sub can be placed pretty much anywhere in the room. It just needs to be within about 30 feet of the sound bar and in the general vicinity of a power outlet.
Virtual surround sound that fits your space
The HT-S350 incorporates some cool Sony technologies for improved sound quality. The one that catches my eye the most is S-Force® PRO Front Surround, which uses advanced digital sound processing to generate rear effects without having to reflect sound off your side walls. That means you can achieve virtual surround sound in rooms of almost any size or shape. As someone with an oddly-shaped living room, I think that sounds very compelling, indeed!
- 2.1-channel sound bar and subwoofer system
- total system power: 320 watts
- two full-range drivers
- slim design is ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or placing on a TV stand
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music playback from compatible smartphones, tablets, music players, and computers
- built-in Dolby® Digital decoding
- Sony's S-Force® PRO Front Surround technology offers an immersive listening experience
- sound modes for music, movies, sports, news, and nighttime
- "voice" mode raises dialogue levels
- 35-1/2"W x 2-5/8"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 5.3 lbs.
- front-firing 6-5/16" cone woofer
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- remote control offers independent subwoofer volume control
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 7-1/2"W x 15-1/8"H x 15-3/8"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- HDMI output with Audio Return Channel for single-cable connection to compatible TVs
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- wall-mount template included
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTS350
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SA-S350)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (SA-WS350)
- Remote control (RMT-AH500U)
- 2 "AAA batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- Startup Guide
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Online Product Registration Information
- Wall-Mount Template
More details on the Sony HT-S350
Features & specs
|Enclosure||Sealed (Bar),Ported (Sub)|
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||3.625x2.125 Cone (2)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|Dialogue Enhancement||Voice mode|
|Auto Volume||Night mode|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||N|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (5.0)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||170|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-9/16H x 35-7/16W x 3-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||5.3 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15-1/16H x 7-1/2W x 15-1/2D|
|Subwoofer Weight||17.2 lbs|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Sony HT-S350's active soundbar speaker houses two full-range, 3.625" x 2.125" oval cone drivers in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure, powered by a 85 watt x 2 channel S-Master digital amplifier. The soundbar speaker utilizes Sony's F-Force Pro Front Surround technology, while acting as your home theater system's front and center speakers, plus giving you the virtual effect that you have surround speakers positioned around you.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Sony HT-S350's wireless powered sub is equipped with a front-firing 6.5" woofer in a bass-reflex enclosure with front-firing port, powered by a built-in 150W S-Master digital amplifier. The wireless powered subwoofer gets its signal from the system's soundbar wirelessly, via 2.4GHZ RF wireless transmission (up to 30'). You can adjust the level of the powered sub independently from the system's main volume.
Note: You can specify the wireless connection between the soundbar and the subwoofer using the Secure Link function. This function can help prevent interference if you use multiple wireless products.
S-Master Digital Amplifier: Enjoy the best of digital audio with Sony's S-Master digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion from heat build-up.
S-Force Pro Front Surround: Enjoy immersive, cinematic audio and virtual surround sound in your room with Sony's S-Force Pro Front Surround, a technology that reproduces a virtual surround acoustic field from only two front speakers. S-Force Pro Front Surround provides realistic surround sound from this two-piece home theater system. Unlike other "virtual surround" technologies, rear sound is generated from the soundbar speaker using sophisticated digital sound processing and does not need to be bounced off of side walls. No matter what the size or shape of the room or what is on the wall, it is possible to hear sounds from behind you without needing to place speakers behind you.
Sound Modes: You can easily enjoy pre-programmed sound effects that are tailored to different kinds of audio sources. Choose from Cinema, Music, Game, News, Sports, Standard, or Auto. There is also a Night and Voice mode that can be used to enjoy clearer sound at lower volumes at night and increase the clarity of dialog.
Audio DRC: Audio DRC (Dynamic Range Compression) compresses the dynamic range (range between the maximum and minimum volume) of a Dolby Digital audio signal, making lower volume content easier to hear and enjoy.
HDMI ARC Output: The Sony HT-S350 features one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The HT-S350's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. The HDMI ARC output supports 5.1ch Dolby Digital and 2ch PCM (does not support DTS or other formats).
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The HDMI ARC Output only supports audio transmission and does not support any type of video signals.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI ARC connectivity, the Sony HT-S350 is outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 5.1ch Dolby Digital and 2ch PCM audio signals (does not support DTS or other formats).
- The digital optical output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
- The Sony HT-S350 soundbar system is not equipped with any analog audio input.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Sony HT-S350 features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your TV, smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the soundbar system. The HT-S350 supports Bluetooth's standard SBC audio codec (not compatible with Dolby Digital, AAC, or aptX). The soundbar's remote will only control the volume up/down of your Bluetooth source device (in some cases you may need to still use your Bluetooth source device's volume control). You can pair multiple devices (up to 9) with the soundbar, but only one device can be used at a time. The Bluetooth Standby mode function allows you to turn the soundbar system on from a paired and connected device, when you begin playback.
- The soundbar system does not support playback control or music browsing. You'll still need to use your Bluetooth source device to control playback and search functions.
- The soundbar and your connected TV will not display song/artist/album info. This will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- The HT-S350 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the soundbar system.
Remote Control w/ HDMI-CEC: The Sony HT-S350 comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar system. HDM-CEC allows you to control the soundbar from the remote of your your HDMI-connected TV that also supports HDMI-CEC. HDMI-CEC supported functions include Power On/Off and Volume Up/Down.
Note: Remote control compatibility is not guaranteed for all HDMI-CEC devices.
Mounting Options: The active soundbar speaker features a stylish, compact design with soft angles to complement almost any decor and fits in front of your TV without blocking the screen or IR sensor. It can also be wall-mounted using the integrated key-hole slots on back of the speaker (mounting screws not supplied). The wireless powered subwoofer can be placed upright by your TV stand, end-table, or practically anwhere in the room (up to 30').
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will both need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Each of them are fitted with an attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Auto Standby: The Sony HT-S350 soundbar system automatically enters standby mode when there is no audio signal and no operation for approximately 20 minutes.