About the Sony STR-DH190
Great stereo sound with Bluetooth® convenience
The Sony STR-DH190 has Bluetooth® Standby, which lets you remotely activate the receiver and stream music from your paired smartphone.
Great stereo sound with Bluetooth® convenience
I grew up listening to records on my dad's two-channel rig, but I'm a big fan of adding a few modern conveniences to the classic setup.
The Sony STR-DH190 gives you 90 watts per channel to drive your speakers, and a phono input so you can listen to your turntable. It also includes Bluetooth so you can stream files from your paired smartphone, which is a nice touch.
Ready and waiting
The STR-DH190 offers a handy bit of technology known as Bluetooth Standby, which means you can activate the receiver with your phone without having to walk over and press a button on the front plate. You can fire it up and start streaming your favorite tunes without interrupting your daily routine.
- 90 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at .09% THD
- 4 stereo RCA audio line-level inputs
- dedicated phono input for connecting a turntable
- front-panel 3.5mm stereo aux input
- stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth®
- Bluetooth® Standby lets you activate the receiver directly from your paired smartphone
- 30 FM radio presets
- A/B switching for two pairs of speakers
- two sets of spring-clip speaker connectors
- full-size headphone jack
- remote control
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-15/16"W x 5-1/4"H x 11-7/8"D
- weight: 14.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STRDH190
What's in the box:
- Stereo receiver
- Wireless remote control (RMT-AA400U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- FM wire antenna
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- "Before connecting speakers" note
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration Information
More details on the Sony STR-DH190
Features & specs
|Stereo RMS Power (watts)||90|
|THD in Stereo||0.09 %|
|Frequency Bandwidth (stereo)||20-20k Hz|
|Minimum Impedance||6 ohms|
|FM Sensitivity||Not Given|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||96dB|
|Phono Signal to Noise Ratio||80dB|
|Total Number of Zones||1|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|USB Connections||Service only|
|Ethernet Wired Network Port||No|
|Total Audio Inputs||6|
|Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Speaker Output Pairs||2|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Discrete Stereo Amplifier: The Sony STR-DH190's discrete stereo amplifier delivers high power and quality sound. It is rated at 90 watt x 2-channel (into 8Ω, @ 20-20kHz, with THD 0.09%). Every component in the STR-DH190 has been designed for detail and clarity.
- Reinforced Chassis: A reinforced frame and beam chassis design reduces transmitted vibration from speaker sound pressure for more focused, powerful sound.
- Rigid Construction: Rigid parts hold the heat sink in place, reducing transmitted vibration from speaker sound pressure.
- Optimal Layout: The phono amplifier and transformer are positioned optimally to minimize interference from the magnetic field.
- Large Capacity Power Transformer: The stereo receiver utilizes a large capacity power transformer built for clarity.
Tone Control + Pure Direct Mode: The Sony STR-DH190 features independent Bass and Treble controls (-10 to +10 dB), so you can adjust the tonal quality of your connected speakers. Pure Direct Mode bypasses the Tone controls and turns off the front-panel display, allowing you to enjoy higher-fidelity sound from all inputs.
Analog Inputs: The Sony STR-DH190 has six analog audio inputs, including a Phono MM input and a front-panel Aux input. You can give each input a custom name (up to 8 characters) for easy identification.
- Phono MM Input: The Phono MM input lets you connect your turntable with a MM cartridge so you can enjoy your vinyl record collection through the receiver.
- Front-Panel Aux: A front-panel 3.5mm Aux input lets you easily connect a portable music player to the stereo receiver.
Note: This receiver is not equipped with any digital audio inputs or video inputs.
Analog Outputs: The STR-DH190 is outfitted with A/B speaker outputs, a stereo analog audio output, and a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack.
- A/B Speaker Outputs: The STR-DH190's A/B speaker outputs lets you connect up to two pair of speakers. You can easily switch between A or B speakers, or use both speakers together and have the same music source playing through two pair of speakers. The A/B speaker outputs are wired internally in parallel. The stereo amplifier supports 6Ω-16Ω speakers using A or B speaker outputs, and 12Ω-16Ω using both A & B speaker outputs. The A/B speaker outputs consist of spring-clip terminals that will accept connection of bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.
- Stereo Analog Out: The stereo analog output allows you to connect a recording device for recording of any of the receiver's analog audio inputs. Tone control does not affect the signal output of the stereo analog record output.
- 1/4" Headphone Jack: The receiver features a 1/4" headphone jack for private listening. When headphones are plugged into this output, the sound from the speakers is muted.
Volume Range: The Sony stereo receiver has a volume range of 1 (Min) to 73 (Max).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Sony STR-DH190 features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.6. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) to the stereo receiver. You can pair multiple devices with the Sony STR-DH190, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time. The STR-DH190 has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 98.4'.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the STR-DH190 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the stereo receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You'll be able to control Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Stop functions from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth source device.
- Bluetooth Standby: With Bluetooth Standby, you can even turn the stereo receiver on from your paired smartphone or tablet.
Note: The STR-DH190 does not display song/artist/album information; continue to use your Bluetooth source device's screen to view song/artist info.
FM Tuner: The Sony STR-DH190 stereo receiver is equipped with a built-in FM tuner with 30 digital presets, station naming (up to 8 characters), and auto tuning. You can switch between Stereo & Mono mode. An FM wire antenna is included. This receiver is not equipped with an AM tuner.
IR Remote : The supplied IR remote provides wireless operation of the Sony STR-DH190 stereo receiver. It also offers basic playback control for your connected Bluetooth audio streaming device.
Sleep Timer: The receiver can be set to turn off automatically after a specified time (30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.)
Auto Standby: This energy saving features enables the receiver to set to automatically switch to standby mode if it is not in use or no audio signal is sent to it for 20 minutes.
The Sony STR-DH190 replaces these items
40 questions already asked