About the Sony XA-NV400
Easy to set up and easy to use
Easy to set up and easy to use
Plug the XA-NV400 navigation module into a compatible Sony DVD receiver, then hit the road with powerful navigational tools just a touch away on your receiver's screen. The module comes with everything you need for connecting it to your receiver, and uses TomTom's advanced NavApp engine for simple touchscreen setup and use. You'll be ready to roll with easy, interactive route and destination finding.
An easy-to-use interface ensures seamless integration into your system.
Advanced guidance that never drops out
The XA-NV400 navigates with the aid of maps of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico stored on an SD™ card, so you won't have to worry about losing your data signal, as with smartphone-based navigation. Its Advanced Lane Guidance feature directs you to the correct lane before your exit, so you won't get caught in the wrong spot on a busy highway. You can customize your map colors, choose from 2D or 3D views, program routes with multiple stops, and set up your own library of favorite destinations.
- add-on navigation system for select Sony DVD receivers
- includes a GPS satellite antenna with cable
- utilizes TomTom NavApp technology
- maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus millions of points of interest
- advanced lane guidance
- maps displayed on receiver's video screen
- 2-D and 3-D map views
- route customization options
- database upgradable through SD card slot
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XA-NV400
What's in the box:
- Add-on GPS navigation module
- SD map card
- GPS antenna (attached 10' cable)
- 5' Proprietary system cable
- 5' Wiring harness
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Hook-and-Loop strips
- Warranty Information
More details on the Sony XA-NV400
Head Unit Compatibility: The Sony XA-NV400 add-on GPS navigation module is compatible with Sony's XAV-V631BT or XAV-AX100 digital media receivers and Sony's XAV-W651BT or XAV-AX200 DVD receivers (all sold separately). It simply plugs into the receiver's rear-panel proprietary multi-pin port labeled "EXT". The add-on GPS module's map screen will display on the Sony receiver's touchscreen monitor and voice prompts will be heard through your vehicle's speaker system. You will use the head unit's touchscreen monitor to operate the XA-NV400's navigation functions.
Note: The Sony XAV-AX100 requires a firmware update.
TomTom Navigation Software & Maps: The Sony XA-NV400 add-on GPS module features TomTom navigation software & maps. TomTom navigation incorporates real world, real-time feedback, providing accurate mapping information. Maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Canada are installed on the included SD memory card. You must install the SD memory in the XA-NV400 prior to using navigation functions.
GPS Antenna: The Sony XA-NV400 add-on GPS navigation module includes a GPS antenna which is mounted inside the vehicle; either on the front dash or back deck. The GPS antenna features an attached 10' cable and comes with a self-adhesive mounting pad. The GPS antenna measures 1.4375" (w) x 0.5625" (h) x 1.5625" (d). The mounting pad measures 3.1875 (w) x 0.0625" (h) x 3.1875" (d).
On-Screen Map: Once the XA-NV400 add-on GPS navigation module calculates your route, the map screen will appear on your compatible Sony receiver's LCD touchscreen monitor. The map screen displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. Your route is marked with a red line, while a blue arrow represents your current position, and a checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel, the XA-NV400 guides you to your destination with arrows and directions on the map. You can choose between a 2D or 3D map screen with a Day, Night, or Auto color mode.
- Instruction Panel: The Instruction Panel at the top of the map screen shows the direction of your next turn, the distance to your next turn, the name of next road on your route, and Lange Guidance at some junctions.
- Route Bar: The Route Bar is shown on the right-hand side of on-screen map when you have planned a route. It has an arrival Information Panel at the top, and a bar with symbols underneath. The Information Panel indicates estimated time of arrival at your destination and the length of time to drive to the destination from your current location; parking is also shown near the destination when there is parking available. The Route Bar also uses symbols to indicate stops (waypoints) along your route, as well as POIs (like gas stations, restaurants, hotels, & rest areas). The symbols will be in the order they occur on your route. The bottom of the Route Bar represents your current location and shows the distance to the next incident on your route.
- Lane Guidance: Lane Guidance helps you prepare for highway exits and intersections by showing you which lane you should be in.
- Speed Panel: A Speed Panel is integrated into the on-screen map at the bottom. The Speed Panel indicates the speed limit at your location, your current speed, and the name of the street you are driving on. If you drive more than 3mph over the speed limit the speed panel turns red. If you drive less than 3mph over the speed limit the speed panel turns orange.
Text-to-Speech: In addition to the map screen, the navigation unit features loud and clear spoken instructions through your vehicle's speakers. When driving to your destination, the XA-NV400 will announce turn-by-turn directions, including street names and road numbers. You can choose between male and female voices in various languages. Your source audio will attenuate, while turn-by-turn instructions are heard through your vehicle's speakers.
Drive To Menu: The Drive To Menu is the simplest and most useful starting point in most situations. Given your current GPS position, you can use this menu to navigate to any given address, favorite location, recent destination, POI (Points Of Interest), and so on. You can choose from the following options.
- Quick Search: Using an on-screen text box and keypad you can search for a specific or partial address, a postcode or city, a type of place or a place by name, a POI (Point of Interest), or coordinate (Latitude/Longitude).
- Home or Work: Once your home and work location are stored in memory, they can be quickly chosen as a destination.
- Recent Destination: You can display a list of addresses, Points Of Interest, and other destinations that you've used recently.
- My Places & Routes: The locations that you visit frequently and the routes that you plan can be stored as "My Places" & "My Routes", so you have quicker access to them.
- Parking & Gas Stations:
Note: Searches can be performed for the unit's Whole Map (default), Near Me (current location), In Town or City (specific town or city), Along Route (along planned route), Near Destination (around planned destination), or Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude).
Planning & Modifying Route: You can plan a route with a start and end destination, plus stops (waypoints) in between. You'll be able to review a list of turn-by-turn instructions of your planned route, plus simulate the planned route on the on-screen map. You can also make changes to route by clearing the entire route, skipping to the next stop along your route, finding an alternative route, avoiding a blocked road, avoiding part of the route, avoiding toll roads/ferries/unpaved roads, and by adding stops (waypoints).
- Route Types: You can select the type of route planned to your current destination. Choose from Fastest Route, Shortest Route, Most Eco-Friendly, or Avoid Interstate/Highways.
- Avoidances: You can choose to avoid some features that are on your currently planned route. You can avoid Toll Roads, Ferries, Carpool Lanes, and Unpaved Roads.
- Adding/Deleting A Stop (Waypoint): You can add stops or waypoints along your planned route in between the beginning and destination of the route. You can also delete stops (waypoints) within your calculated route.
- Detour: If there is a blocked road on your route you can change your route to avoid it and detour around it. If only part of a road is blocked or you wish to avoid part of a route, you can select a specific section of a route to detour around. A new route is found that avoids the blocked road or section of route. You may get shown up to two alternatives depending on the road network between you and your destination. The new route is shown on the map view with the difference in travel time.
Touchscreen Gestures: The Sony XA-NV400 add-on GPS module offers touch and gesture control from your compatible Sony receiver's touchscreen monitor. You get tap, drag, flick, as well as press & hold touchscreen gesture control.
Power/Ground Wiring Harness: In addition to the proprietary cable which runs from the XA-NV400 to the compatible Sony receiver, the add-on GPS navigation module includes a power/ground harness which will need to be connected to +12V switched accessory power, +12V constant power, and chassis ground.
The Sony XA-NV400 replaces these items
1 question already asked